Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Well I finally got reasonable seat time in an Evo X.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2008, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You're in college and have been doing HPDEs for 8 years? I've never heard of a group that allowed people without at least a license run. If you're in college, wouldn't that mean you started at the latest at 14?[/QUOTE]

He must be like Takumi from Initial D
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

24-8 = 16

Degrees: B.S. Physics, B.S. Mathematics, B.S. Mechanical engineering, and B.A. finance
Degree in process: M.S. in mechanical engineering.

Like I said I'm probably outgrowing the image of Evo's and developing a much more desirable car as a future prospect.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus
You seem heavily fixated on your image. In that case, an Evo isn't the car for you.

You're in college and have been doing HPDEs for 8 years? I've never heard of a group that allowed people without at least a license run. If you're in college, wouldn't that mean you started at the latest at 14?
An evo is not for me? Yet I own an IX and have for a total of 2.5 years, first a rally red MR now a Graphite Grey MR. In between both evo's I bought a dog ugly 06 STi. In fact the best looking car I've owned was either the S4 or E46 M, don't preach to me about image. I also beat the living day lights out of the E46, never once had it seen a club, bar, or gathering.

I'm as worried about my image as much as everyone else here, not overly concerned but it is something I'd choose to portray positively. Why buy clothing that looks decent? Why match when you leave the house, go to work in a poka-dot sweater and pink pants. Start fights in public, be loud and obnoxious; i.e. I worry about my image to the same extreme most of you do. If I said I had no concerns about my public image I would not be human. I'm done though because I'm sure one of you will find something else to slander me on, and I'm not one to normally announce my professional credentials.

To the Porsche guy thanks for the advise I've access to more seat time in one and like you said they're not a piece of cake to drive. I appreciate the advise and when I do get it I'll try to trip to Texas so I can be taught how to properly drive it haha. You can even get some seat time. That being said I'll most likely do HPDE's in my area as there are amazing instructors this side of the country.

Last edited by Boostfiend; Nov 4, 2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostfiend
24-8 = 16

Degrees: B.S. Physics, B.S. Mathematics, B.S. Mechanical engineering, and B.A. finance

Like I said I'm probably outgrowing the image of Evo's and developing a much more desirable car as a future prospect.
An evo is not for me? Yet I own an IX and have for a total of 2.5 years, first a rally red MR now a Graphite Grey MR. In between both evo's I bought a dog ugly 06 STi. In fact the best looking car I've owned was either the S4 or E46 M, don't preach to me about image. I also beat the living day lights out of the E46, never once had it seen a club, bar, or gathering.
Interesting.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:35 AM
Evolving Member

24-8 = 16

Aaah, I'm sucked into this thread!

Now I'm going to start calling some BS on your B.S. degrees. You're 24, and you probably started college at 18. That's 6 years of college. You got 4 bachelor degrees in 6 years, and in not-inconsequential majors? What school was this? And, why such varied degrees? Why not go out and start working? How in the heck do you afford to buy GT3RSes while you're in school, because it sounds like you have no time for working while doing 4 bachelor degrees in 6 years...

I have a BSEE (electrical engineering), and it took me 5 years to get it, because I did co-op working during school. Some people do it in 4 if they're really motivated. But, nonetheless, I know how long it takes to get "technical" BS degrees (engineering, physics, mathematics, etc.) from a university. No _way_ you have those degrees in 6 years. Not possible.

I need to get back to work...

--michael
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Don't forget the internship in Japan too where he drove the M-spec Nur, he must've gotten his B.S. Mech engineering there lol

Sounds like the OP is suffering from mild schizophrenia ^^

Last edited by 4Trouble; Nov 4, 2008 at 07:58 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4Trouble
Don't forget the internship in Japan too where he drove the M-spec Nur, he must've gotten his B.S. Mech engineering there lol

Sounds like the OP is suffering from mild schizophrenia ^^
I think that's where he trained with his esteemed sage, Mr. Miyagi, so that he could do battle with the dangerous Cobra Kai Dojo.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus
I think that's where he trained with his esteemed sage, Mr. Miyagi, so that he could do battle with the dangerous Cobra Kai Dojo.
Bwahahahaha!

"Sweep the leg, Johnny..."

Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

I've owned an E46 M3, Audi S4, STi, a WRX, Skyline GT-R M-Spec Nur (internship) and two E36 M3's
Does daddy know you're talking about his cars like they're your own?

Originally Posted by boostfiend
I believe children are the best judgement for car appeal and the WOW factor. I drive next to mini-vans in my evo IX and I always get some kid that waves, gets excited and starts shaking his little teddy because my car is not like daddy or mommy's.
That's just creepy, and don't forget to register when you move into your new neighborhood.

24-8 = 16

Wow. With those credentials why not just build your own craft, then you could surely be Emperor of the Moon!

Last edited by HudsonFalcon; Nov 4, 2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by weneversleep
No _way_ you have those degrees in 6 years. Not possible.
Impossible is nothing!

Old Nov 4, 2008, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

end of thread. there are people on this board who can vouch for my credentials. oh and it wasnt japan it was the uk for two months. I'm done with this thread now. its turned into a prove myself thread.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

end of thread. there are people on this board who can vouch for my credentials. oh and it wasnt japan it was the uk for two months. I'm done with this thread now. its turned into a prove myself thread.
You've dropped a ton of irrelevant statements about your credentials and cars you've owned or plan to own in this thread. You can drop the persecution complex because you've gone out of your way to bring it on yourself.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^+1
Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
^+1
That reply landed me a love note in my PM box.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by the-moss
Impossible is nothing!

LOL

On that note one of my classmates got 5 degrees in 4 years as well. Of course four of them were in engineering and one of them was in chemistry, so many of the classes overlap It's definitely not impossible, though I wouldn't have believed if I didn't see it.

He was also very modest about his accomplishments and pleasant to talk to....

Quick Reply: Well I finally got reasonable seat time in an Evo X.