Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Well I finally got reasonable seat time in an Evo X.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrBonus
You've dropped a ton of irrelevant statements about your credentials and cars you've owned or plan to own in this thread. You can drop the persecution complex because you've gone out of your way to bring it on yourself.
We used to have a guy like this on Rennlist. GhettoRacer, i.e. Frank Lin. Talked big about all of the cars that he drove, all of his credentials, but it turned out to be all talk. Got very entertaining when he really started to crack. There was even a separate forum devoted to him that he was restricted to--we called it his "cage". He finally imploded and the 'net hasn't heard much from him at all.

I just can't pull away from watching trainwrecks--it's probably the same reason that I perversely used to watch Cops... (embarassment)

--michael
Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wongck
LOL

On that note one of my classmates got 5 degrees in 4 years as well. Of course four of them were in engineering and one of them was in chemistry, so many of the classes overlap It's definitely not impossible, though I wouldn't have believed if I didn't see it.

He was also very modest about his accomplishments and pleasant to talk to....
They usually are.

Plus, with 4 college degrees, you would think the guy could avoid run-on sentences and could use punctuation properly...

--michael
Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wongck
LOL
W00t someone got it.. I was beginning to think that I had posted something that either flew over everyone's head or worse was just not funny...

weneversleep - I still watch cops, can't get enough.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by weneversleep
We used to have a guy like this on Rennlist. GhettoRacer, i.e. Frank Lin. Talked big about all of the cars that he drove, all of his credentials, but it turned out to be all talk. Got very entertaining when he really started to crack. There was even a separate forum devoted to him that he was restricted to--we called it his "cage". He finally imploded and the 'net hasn't heard much from him at all.

I just can't pull away from watching trainwrecks--it's probably the same reason that I perversely used to watch Cops... (embarassment)

--michael
Believe it or not, I used to be an active Rennlist member and do remember him.

<----Current Rennlist member, active PCA member, and ex-Porsche owner.

-Ian
Old Nov 4, 2008, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boostfiend
24-8 = 16

Degrees: B.S. Physics, B.S. Mathematics, B.S. Mechanical engineering, and B.A. finance
Degree in process: M.S. in mechanical engineering.

Like I said I'm probably outgrowing the image of Evo's and developing a much more desirable car as a future prospect.
are we allowed to brag now? Cool. I have a more extensive education background than you but what the HELL does it have to do with what you have written about the cars except that you could not have afforded to purchase them with your own money.

I have raced cars professionally (did so before college and before I went back to school for my professional and graduate degrees) also....I suspect many here have. It does not give us the endall be all opinions (they are like buttholes you know...everyone has one and thinks theirs is the one that does not stink).

end of thread. there are people on this board who can vouch for my credentials. oh and it wasnt japan it was the uk for two months. I'm done with this thread now. its turned into a prove myself thread.
What do you expect? You come to an EVO forum and try and poo all over a car that people here obvously like.

Did you expect we would see what you wrote...see your "credentials", realize we were 'wrong' to buy an EVO, change the errors of our ways and ask which car we were to buy from now on?
Old Nov 5, 2008, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by jimm
What do you expect? You come to an EVO forum and try and poo all over a car that people here obvously like.

Did you expect we would see what you wrote...see your "credentials", realize we were 'wrong' to buy an EVO, change the errors of our ways and ask which car we were to buy from now on?
his advice: get your parents to buy you a porsche.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

This Thread Is Pointless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 5, 2008, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDW1479
Then Don't Read It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 5, 2008, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

at this point, that deserves a +1
Old Nov 5, 2008, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This thread is hilarious! I had some really funny stuff typed out, but I don't want to get banned for flaming so I am leaving it out. Damn censorship.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Then you're gonna end up with blue ***** when this thread gets locked lol
Old Nov 5, 2008, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lolz
Old Nov 5, 2008, 09:42 PM

24-8 = 16

Degrees: B.S. Physics, B.S. Mathematics, B.S. Mechanical engineering, and B.A. finance
Degree in process: M.S. in mechanical engineering.

Like I said I'm probably outgrowing the image of Evo's and developing a much more desirable car as a future prospect.
Have you finished that MS in Mechanical Engineering yet? It has been several hours since your last post.

Did you do your thesis on the GT3RS?
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

It's the internet people... All you need is a keyboard, and you can instantly become an expert on whatever you choose to be.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 02:51 AM
Evolving Member

But it is SO entertaining!!!!....seeing people argue so vehemently with a college kid who is mildly schizophrenic....I just can't pull away from this thread!!!!.....kinda like watching a capricious soap opera with one impetuous comments after another...OMG!!! I LOVE IT!!!

First a test drive....then a decent review...then a heavily biased automobile history analysis with some disturbing pedophilic comments....then all the rebuttals from all walks of life.....then the rebuttals to the rebuttals......then a PCA instructor came on board!!!......then whole-hearted advices about the GT3RS to a young yet schizophrenic Jedi......then the schizophrenic young Jedi turns out to be a well-learned scholar with 4 degrees and one in the making.......then a ex-pro driver came on board..........

I love EVOM. How come our TV show can't be this entertaining...???

Quick Reply: Well I finally got reasonable seat time in an Evo X.