Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Well I finally got reasonable seat time in an Evo X.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2008, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boostfiend
24-8 = 16

Degrees: B.S. Physics, B.S. Mathematics, B.S. Mechanical engineering, and B.A. finance
Degree in process: M.S. in mechanical engineering.

Like I said I'm probably outgrowing the image of Evo's and developing a much more desirable car as a future prospect.
My favorite part about the internet message boards is I get to converse with geniuses compared to boring normal people in real-life.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by heavyD
My favorite part about the internet message boards is I get to converse with geniuses compared to boring normal people in real-life.
"Bill Brasky taught his son how to drive... By entering him in the Indianapolis 500."
Old Nov 6, 2008, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by TriCycle STI C
But it is SO entertaining!!!!....seeing people argue so vehemently with a college kid who is mildly schizophrenic....I just can't pull away from this thread!!!!.....kinda like watching a capricious soap opera with one impetuous comments after another...OMG!!! I LOVE IT!!!

First a test drive....then a decent review...then a heavily biased automobile history analysis with some disturbing pedophilic comments....then all the rebuttals from all walks of life.....then the rebuttals to the rebuttals......then a PCA instructor came on board!!!......then whole-hearted advices about the GT3RS to a young yet schizophrenic Jedi......then the schizophrenic young Jedi turns out to be a well-learned scholar with 4 degrees and one in the making.......then a ex-pro driver came on board..........

I love EVOM. How come our TV show can't be this entertaining...???
Old May 14, 2010, 12:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What a sad devolution this thread became

I read this thread because I’m looking at getting an EVO IX or X and was looking for some real life data.
I liked the post. Sure, he gave his opinion and that should have been that. He also gave real life examples to back things up which was very helpful. He did not sway me from leaning towards the X, I consider myself intelligent enough to separate the BS from the facts and draw my own conclusions.
Unfortunately, many people on this site seem to be totally clueless and infantile. Why would someone attack another for voicing their opinions. That is not why I joined this forum and I guess others could do without all this inane BS as well.
Opinions are just that, opinions. Everyone is entitled to one. If you want to take offense over facts, that’s another thing but I would sure like to see more intelligent responses that don’t waste my time to wade through.
Old May 14, 2010, 12:35 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by monomial
I read this thread because I’m looking at getting an EVO IX or X and was looking for some real life data.
I liked the post. Sure, he gave his opinion and that should have been that. He also gave real life examples to back things up which was very helpful. He did not sway me from leaning towards the X, I consider myself intelligent enough to separate the BS from the facts and draw my own conclusions.
Unfortunately, many people on this site seem to be totally clueless and infantile. Why would someone attack another for voicing their opinions. That is not why I joined this forum and I guess others could do without all this inane BS as well.
Opinions are just that, opinions. Everyone is entitled to one. If you want to take offense over facts, that’s another thing but I would sure like to see more intelligent responses that don’t waste my time to wade through.
This thread is from 2008. There really wasn't much "real world" information at the time of the thread. Things have changed and you'll find much more relevant and timely information in the Evo X section. Good luck on your search for an Evo X
Old May 14, 2010, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monomial
i agree... i mean, the whole thing was not written in the most likeable manner, but he did say his mind. that should not be discouraged. in many ways, those who pounced on him are no better following those ideals they cite.

on this board there exists people that spend more time washing their car than driving, and there are people that could not care less as long as they get to drive. there are those that want power, and there are those that seek corners...

... and the greatest compliment that we could give the X is that there exists these antagonistic differences amongst X owners: somehow everyone has something to love about it.

EDIT: oops... didn't notice this was from 2008... ha ha. sorry.
Old May 14, 2010, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Im 16 my parents bought me an x and i love it i would have gotten an ix or viii but the body styles are out of date imo
Old May 14, 2010, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Boostfiend
This is the major problem with this board, reading comprehension and the set desire to attack someone rather than understand their point of view. Why have I said the X is not special? Because it's not and I understand you're going to defend the car you drive until you no longer own it. 996 Porsche anything is not special, yes it's a Porsche and yes if you see one on the road you may thing that's nice but it holds no place in history. Years later you won't see anyone speaking of a 996 Turbo like you will an E30 or Superbird etc.

I think there are a few evo's that are not special although they are Evo's people will remember the V's VI's VI's and IX's. In fact people are still raving about the 9's and the car is going on three years old. The new Evo is civilized and when the Evo XI rolls out the Evo X will just be another evo. It won't be a Tommi Makinen, it won't be an FQ400, it'll just be another car.

If you re-read you'll see that I typed you should not buy a car for other people, it's clearly stated in my message. I will be buying a Porsche because I'm tired of AWD cars, I'm not going to sell my Evo but surely I'm over the ease of AWD drivetrains. In fact I've been driving my friends S2000 more and more to up my driving skill. I want a Porsche because PCNA does more track days than any other group in America with ACNA being a close by. My point of looking was that I didn't get any kids pointing and wishing it was their car and like I said kids are a good indication of a car being "abnormal" or "outstanding" because they could not care less about brand name if it looks out of the norm. Either way to close this thread it is MY opinion and time will tell, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong no harm no foul and I'm not going to cry. If I'm right I surely won't pull a Richard Hammond and request you congratulate me. Thanks for reading.
What I take from this, and please pardon me if I'm wrong. The Porsche twist you panties up, and the Evo doesnt' I have one of the quickest laptimes right now at vmp while driving an evo. GT3's are on that list too. The fastest street prepped car this year is an EVO X i think, maybe a skyline, we will see after next week. The GT3 is a wonderful car. More so than an evo? Sure in some ways. But just as the evo is a little better than the GT3 in some things. It all depends on what you want, no one else.

But to the guy who made the comment about mopping up a gt3 with an evo and 10 grand? Comon thats rediculous. You could do it with 5.

Plus I think you have crazy rich parents and stuff. But a nice house first. Hope you arent rolloing up top the crib with you girl in your $100000 ride, you walk in the door and you mom screams "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!! YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS??" cuz that would suck.

Oh and congrats on finishing school!
Old May 14, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the seats in the 2010 MR's have leather/suede combo. you must have not sat in one
Old May 14, 2010, 07:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
of course if you have infinite money (or your parents do) then you can go around making statements like the OP...

but those poor fools (like the rest of us) that scrap together every last cent to get one of these cars will of course find your comments undesirable...

it is *just* a car, and like the IX it replaces it will be forgotten eventually... but that doesn't mean we should love them any less now
Old May 14, 2010, 07:46 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
2 year old thread bump fail.
Everything Adam said.