Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Rockville MD Mitsu Buyer Beware

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:13 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
try Jerry's Mitsu up in Perring Parkway...last time i was there they had a decent amount of X's instock..
Old Nov 4, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rasguedo
Where in VA? Was it a good experience?
http://www.stohlmanmitsu.com/

No complaints here.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Papi4baby
http://www.stohlmanmitsu.com/

No complaints here.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Hello,

Well I got a lot of PM's about the info I got from this dealer that I felt I should make a thread to relay my experiences. I dealt with Rockville Mitsu. At the dealership I was told that the MR I was looking at had the Aero package. I was also told that the MR had the 0% financing. When told about this figure I was a bit suspicious. I thought though that maybe it was a new Nov. Incentive. My salesman (felix) called over the sales manager Brian and Brian checked on some things and confirmed the 0%. We crunched numbers came up with payment figures. Long story short both were a lie. I went back today and they refused to honor the 0% and after direct questioning Andy the salesman ("evo expert") confirmed it did not have the Aero package. Andy actually said they had "lied" to me about both things. I asked for the manager unfortunately Brian was not there I spoke with Joe. He was rude and absolutely no help. That little voice in the back of my head that told me not to buy, im glad I listened. To those I gave false hope on the 0% Mr.. Sorry, I too am upset.

Cheers.
ok ok, as far as im concerned Rockville mitsu is some trash when it comes to the evo!!!!!!!!!!, my sister bought a mirage there years ago but that was well b4 the evo was even in the country yet
newaz yeah i went there a bunch of times months b4 the car arrived there, heres were it starts, the first salesman i delt with doesnt even work there nemore
second the next salesman, that old dude seemed like he was helpful trying to put the money together, but he was just tryign to steal money, now andy that salesman, hes cool peeps i think, at least when i was talkin to him, to the point where the old dude was like"so u decided to go with a different salesman"...whatever, andy is cool though, i keep seeing new ppl work there, i still have their cards, i dont remember who felix is, i have his card righ tnow, now wait i do remember him, isnt he the old dude?one dude that doesnt work thereanymore ran my cred when the car first came out he went over to the sales manager lookin all confused, if u have money to waist, go to rockville mitsu, i dont even think ima send my car there for service
Old Nov 4, 2008, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KAT_Ayanami
No they can't.

You cannot be called back and made pay 5% extra just because its their mistake.

You signed a contract, and they would be breaching that contract.

haha yes they can, read the paperwork you are signing next time. Oh and you have the right to give the car back and not accept the rate increase or contract change.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

I did not ask for sympathy. Furthermore, I did not know dealers come up with thousands of different ways to have you buy a car. For all I knew the dealer was offering the 0% and not Mitsu. Also, if they made a mistake come out and say hey man we made a mistake let us make it up to you by offering me whatever.. Its called good customer service.

Oh wait I just realized you sell cars dont you... Typical response. Remember, Good Customer Service.

No I do not sell cars or work in a car dealership. I do however know how the business works.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
No I do not sell cars or work in a car dealership. I do however know how the business works.
Theres a way to be a good salesperson and still make money. Irregardless of the workings of the business you should treat people with respect. I have bought 2 brand new cars since 2004 and never been treated like that.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

If you want to save yourself the headache next time save up cash, go to the dealership and pick out a car on the lot that you want to buy by looking at the "window sticker" that lists the price and options that you want. Pay the dealer the MSRP of the car plus TTT. Congradulations you just made a seemless car purchase with out the hastle of negotiations and financing where so many people think that the dealer is ripping them off. Until you do this you are bringing it on yourself.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:16 PM

If you want to save yourself the headache next time save up cash, go to the dealership and pick out a car on the lot that you want to buy by looking at the "window sticker" that lists the price and options that you want. Pay the dealer the MSRP of the car plus TTT. Congradulations you just made a seemless car purchase with out the hastle of negotiations and financing where so many people think that the dealer is ripping them off. Until you do this you are bringing it on yourself.
Did you pay MSRP for your car with cash? If so congratulations to you! Many of us dont have $38,000.00 dollars laying around. Unfortunately that hassle you speak of is a necessary evil for most of us. Not sure what I have done to ruffle your feathers. I absolutely did not "bring on myself" the need for the salesman to blatantly lie to me. Are you sure you dont sell cars? If not you must be some sort of salesman since you seem to err on the side of the dealer. If they didnt lie and had good customer service I would have the car. Simple. There is no need to get into it further.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:25 PM

you just cant trust what the salesman tell you until you see it with your own eyes and do the math yourself --just my 2 cents--
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Darkburner
you just cant trust what the salesman tell you until you see it with your own eyes and do the math yourself --just my 2 cents--
Good point. I knew something was fishy. It was strange though the extent they went to including calling the sales manager, having him go check paperwork all of this was to ensure me the 0% apr was on the MR.. Even after I told them I didnt think it was. The sales manager even said as he punched in numbers at his desk with me "and the 0% financing gives you a low payment". They really went the extra mile.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

I'm sure I remember you posting you sell cars
Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

rockville seems to have gone south, unfortunately. i got my 06 MR with appearance package for 32k otd; even got the exhaust manifold replaced due to rust. i visited them first when i was very close to getting an evo X when i ran into felix and joe.

in order to test drive, i had to have the loan approved and all financing complete. which of course meant that i owned the car, so it wouldn't be a test drive.

felix even called me one night after work, rushed me in, and said that i could come to test drive the car to help make up my mind; felix steps away from the desk, said that he just needed to get the key from joe; then comes back and tells me that joe won't let us test drive it. but that he could work on joe to get us a better price and maybe get us the mitsu military and loyalty rebates.

seems like there has been a change of the guard there and frankly it is not for the better. they have never shown a willingness to match the prices of the high volume dealerships anywhere west. i highly recommend you take your business elsewhere. there is a dealership in york, PA and those folks were willing to get within $1000 of CA dealerships, which made it a very competitive price once you factor in shipping. that alone makes them a better place to at least consider, let alone the lack of professionalism at rockville.

Last edited by CleverUserName; Nov 4, 2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2008, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolness
I'm sure I remember you posting you sell cars

No I do not sell cars! I am a manager at a motorcycle dealership for the past eight years.

Oh by the way here is how I sell things at my dealership:
& if a customer does not like the financing that i have arranged for them I tell them to pay me cash then.

Old Nov 6, 2008, 03:20 AM
Evolving Member

No I do not sell cars! I am a manager at a motorcycle dealership for the past eight years.

Oh by the way here is how I sell things at my dealership:
& if a customer does not like the financing that i have arranged for them I tell them to pay me cash then.

That's a good way to help out a customer since a lot of them have a lot of cash laying around. Anyways bring your business somewhere else