Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Rockville MD Mitsu Buyer Beware

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rockville MD Mitsu Buyer Beware

Hello,

Well I got a lot of PM's about the info I got from this dealer that I felt I should make a thread to relay my experiences. I dealt with Rockville Mitsu. At the dealership I was told that the MR I was looking at had the Aero package. I was also told that the MR had the 0% financing. When told about this figure I was a bit suspicious. I thought though that maybe it was a new Nov. Incentive. My salesman (felix) called over the sales manager Brian and Brian checked on some things and confirmed the 0%. We crunched numbers came up with payment figures. Long story short both were a lie. I went back today and they refused to honor the 0% and after direct questioning Andy the salesman ("evo expert") confirmed it did not have the Aero package. Andy actually said they had "lied" to me about both things. I asked for the manager unfortunately Brian was not there I spoke with Joe. He was rude and absolutely no help. That little voice in the back of my head that told me not to buy, im glad I listened. To those I gave false hope on the 0% Mr.. Sorry, I too am upset.

Cheers.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

I had a bad experience with them too.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:54 AM

Almost bought a GSR there.

They were giving me 31,100 for the car and $4000 for my eclipse in.

I was trying to get my cpu reseted for the eclipse (as I was not expecting to buy the evo when I came in) and they took 2 hours to do that. (All the time they took to try to sell me the car).

Then I realized that they were selling me the car for about $29 or $30 and giving me no **** on my car.

This is normal, every dealer does that. What striked me weird is that I did all the calculations they gave me (0% apr, Tag, tax, etc..) and the monthly payment I was getting was about $50 cheaper.

Make sure they show you every single number as they try to put extra thousands on the monthly payment without you knowing.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 07:57 AM

Oh, needless to say that after me spending the few hours at the dealer, and going home, I saw on the internet an evo GSR for $29k (new, from dealer).

I called rockville to see if they would match the price and the sales person got angry, said: You know what? I have fought a lot to get you the best price, so if you dont like it, buy it somewhere else (and hanged).

Niceeeeeeee....
Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KAT_Ayanami
Almost bought a GSR there.

They were giving me 31,100 for the car and $4000 for my eclipse in.

I was trying to get my cpu reseted for the eclipse (as I was not expecting to buy the evo when I came in) and they took 2 hours to do that. (All the time they took to try to sell me the car).

Then I realized that they were selling me the car for about $29 or $30 and giving me no **** on my car.

This is normal, every dealer does that. What striked me weird is that I did all the calculations they gave me (0% apr, Tag, tax, etc..) and the monthly payment I was getting was about $50 cheaper.

Make sure they show you every single number as they try to put extra thousands on the monthly payment without you knowing.
No they dont. If you dont know how to make what will likely be the second largets purchase in your life-you may get taken advantage of (welcome to Amercia, where I try to make money off you).
Its about the trade difference. if you buy mine for $20k and I give you $5k-thats $15k. Or, I can sell you mine for $30k and $15k for yours...same deal. The only place you may want a higher trade value is states where sales tax is figured onthe difference.
Sorry to hear that the dealer "lied" to you-but if you are going to shop for a car that retails for $40k....dont you think you should know what the aero package is? If not-I think there is a "window sticker" that lists the access. on the car (oh, and they have to have that posted by federal law...).
Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rasguedo
Hello,

Well I got a lot of PM's about the info I got from this dealer that I felt I should make a thread to relay my experiences. I dealt with Rockville Mitsu. At the dealership I was told that the MR I was looking at had the Aero package. I was also told that the MR had the 0% financing. When told about this figure I was a bit suspicious. I thought though that maybe it was a new Nov. Incentive. My salesman (felix) called over the sales manager Brian and Brian checked on some things and confirmed the 0%. We crunched numbers came up with payment figures. Long story short both were a lie. I went back today and they refused to honor the 0% and after direct questioning Andy the salesman ("evo expert") confirmed it did not have the Aero package. Andy actually said they had "lied" to me about both things. I asked for the manager unfortunately Brian was not there I spoke with Joe. He was rude and absolutely no help. That little voice in the back of my head that told me not to buy, im glad I listened. To those I gave false hope on the 0% Mr.. Sorry, I too am upset.

Cheers.
You already knew they did not have 0% on the MR. I dont really have any sympathy for you. Its not let they let you buy the car at 0% and then called you back several days later and said oops we made a mistake you have to come back and resign at 5% or something.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
You already knew they did not have 0% on the MR. I dont really have any sympathy for you. Its not let they let you buy the car at 0% and then called you back several days later and said oops we made a mistake you have to come back and resign at 5% or something.
I did not ask for sympathy. Furthermore, I did not know dealers come up with thousands of different ways to have you buy a car. For all I knew the dealer was offering the 0% and not Mitsu. Also, if they made a mistake come out and say hey man we made a mistake let us make it up to you by offering me whatever.. Its called good customer service.

Oh wait I just realized you sell cars dont you... Typical response. Remember, Good Customer Service.

Last edited by rasguedo; Nov 4, 2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by 08EvoXGSR
Sorry to hear that the dealer "lied" to you-but if you are going to shop for a car that retails for $40k....dont you think you should know what the aero package is? If not-I think there is a "window sticker" that lists the access. on the car (oh, and they have to have that posted by federal law...).
I did question this, I asked many times.. Why is the AERO package not listed on the sticker. I was told it was not listed because it comes standard on the MR by both the manager and the salesman. In fact he told me that all of there GSR's have the Aero and told me to look and compare... Well none of them did.

Last edited by rasguedo; Nov 4, 2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by 08EvoXGSR
No they dont. If you dont know how to make what will likely be the second largets purchase in your life-you may get taken advantage of (welcome to Amercia, where I try to make money off you).
Its about the trade difference. if you buy mine for $20k and I give you $5k-thats $15k. Or, I can sell you mine for $30k and $15k for yours...same deal. The only place you may want a higher trade value is states where sales tax is figured onthe difference.
Hey, are you sure you are quoting the right person?
Old Nov 4, 2008, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
No they can't.

You cannot be called back and made pay 5% extra just because its their mistake.

You signed a contract, and they would be breaching that contract.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rasguedo
I did question this, I asked many times.. Why is the AERO package not listed on the sticker. I was told it was not listed because it comes standard on the MR by both the manager and the salesman. In fact he told me that all of there GSR's have the Aero and told me to look and compare... Well none of them did.
They probably got confused with the big wing, that it is standard on the MR.

I had to go to VA to get my car.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Papi4baby
They probably got confused with the big wing, that it is standard on the MR.

I had to go to VA to get my car.
Where in VA? Was it a good experience?
Old Nov 4, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

PM sent.
Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:08 AM
Account Disabled

their internet sales manager, shahul, used to post on here a lot. strange that i don't see him post as much anymore. in any case, their service department is horrid. definitely not going back to them again
Old Nov 4, 2008, 11:12 AM
Former Sponsor

that sucks, I hate having to deal with dealerships