Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Subaru STi 29995 on 63 months 0%, Better evo deals?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subaru STi 29995 on 63 months 0%, Better evo deals?

Ok guys, I've been talking to a few of the subaru dealerships here in AZ and the GM of Power subaru of scottsdale just called and said he can do 29995 on an STi on 63 months 0% interest OAC. He dared me to have mitsubishi beat that.

Now i don't know the exact details of that STi yet, but i've seen another dealership mark down a red STi to the same price. Now my question is do you think there's a Mitsu dealership who can beat that price and financing?

I'm looking for a WW Lancer GSR with SSS and floor mats. I'm going to talk to the dealership in SoCal to see if they can do something with that. I'd rather have the EVO but in the end if the price is damn near the same but the STi has more features and the financing is longer then i guess i'd have to go with the scooby

So all in all, with the mark downs going on STi's right now do you think it's possible to happen to Evo's as well? I'd just like to make sure that I get the best lowest possible price/financing. I saw someone from another state get his evo for 30200 out the door. The local subaru dealership here has 10+STi's and the mitsu has 15+ Evo's. What's my odds of haggling down? Also my father is co-signing with excellent credit.

On a side not my sister may also purchase a brand new 07 Outlander from them as well. What's the chances that they would be willing to price match/offer 60 month + 0%?

Thanks for any input you guys can place, any bargaining tips and/or things to think about in the long run would be great advice!
- Jose
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

socal mitsu can beat that with no problem
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

talk to South Coast Mitsu. they are on here.

or talk to Huntington Beach Mitsu. they set me up great for my car.
GL

this was just posted as i posted...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=378933

EVOLUTION

GSR MSRP $33,680.00
EVOM $29,788.00

GSR SSS PACK MSRP $35,680.00
EVOM $31,788.00

GSR SSS/AK/WL/ISP
MSRP $38,078.00
EVOM $34,688.00

Last edited by badhabit90; Nov 6, 2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

I'm sure you can get a similar deal on an Evo. I'm Also looking to buy an Evo 10 soon, but have only talked with 2 local dealers -- and the deals were simliar to that.

Also you have to remember that the 08 STI looks like a small minivan. Great performance, don't get me wrong, but I HATE the look. I'd love to have an 06-07 STI Limited in White though...
Old Nov 6, 2008, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

Jose,

My buddy bought a 2006 WRX limited from Power Subaru in AZ and it was a good deal. The deal they are offering you is filthy good. If you dig the Suby, I would say you should take it today.

But if you are set on the EVO, call around and see; it never hurts to check around.

Although I doubt you will find a GSR with SSS for the price you are being offered the STI.

Last edited by Boston_eagle; Nov 6, 2008 at 06:02 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 06:09 AM
Evolving Member

Mitsu don't need to beat that deal lol we are comparing an ugly looking thing to the sexy evo j/k

I don't think you can get that on SSS may be a base model for <30K
Old Nov 6, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You'll be able to get a comparable deal (but for 0% for 60 months) from South Coast (as multiple people on here have mentioned). Likely 1-2k more.

HOWEVER

Which car do you WANT?

They really are different vehicles. The Subaru is a hatchback wagon thingee with more grunt down low and an arguably better interior fit and finish. The X is a much rawer car and $ for $ will be a better track-able car. It also seems to respond to mods better.

Both are fine vehicles, but once you drive both you'll see that although they are both AWD turbo vehicles, they really do handle quite differently.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

EVO X General sucks now because all of these threads. There is a sticky about buying a EVO X that you should post in. Here is a link:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=377669

And if you would buy a Subie over a EVO because of price in my opinion you dont deserve a EVO.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 08:16 AM
Evolving Member

^+1000000000000
Old Nov 6, 2008, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

That is a good deal on the Subie but for $1000 to $1500 more you can get the Evo you'd rather have.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

If you'd rather have the EVO, don't get the STI to save a few thousand. You can get a base EVO easily for 30k, and one with SSS for not much more. They're 2 totally different cars.

For what it's worth, I traded my 08 STI with 16k miles for a new EVO. Couldn't be happier.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

You can't compare the deals on the evo's vs sti. They are different cars. You can try, but thats what the dealer will tell you. You will need to put the mitsu dealerships against each other. Thats the easiest way. You can't compate apple prices with banana prices. Get it.
The STi is the banana! Ugly to look.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
EVO X General sucks now because all of these threads. There is a sticky about buying a EVO X that you should post in. Here is a link:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=377669

And if you would buy a Subie over a EVO because of price in my opinion you dont deserve a EVO.
Originally Posted by Mikebus7
You can't compare the deals on the evo's vs sti. They are different cars. You can try, but thats what the dealer will tell you. You will need to put the mitsu dealerships against each other. Thats the easiest way. You can't compate apple prices with banana prices. Get it.
The STi is the banana! Ugly to look.
As much as i want to side with you guys. They are actually very very close cars in terms of performance and price. So pretty much it goes to looks or brand name.

I have the evo and if the sti didn't have a flat engine, i might have bought it
Old Nov 6, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

I had a WRX before my Evo, but there was no way I was buying the STi based on the way it looked. The flat 4 is one of the more interesting parts of the car. Its not a "con" to the car at all.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 11:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

i actually like the subaru line of cars.. really reliable, and great customer service from last i remember...if i had the credit and money i would buy an sti over an evo.. more room in an sti for "trunk" space...

Quick Reply: Subaru STi 29995 on 63 months 0%, Better evo deals?