Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Stock GTR vs 350 WHP EVO X with KW V3

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2008, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I'm not on the GTR Forum yet. I'm on the my350z.com forum, and there is a GTR section there.

The wheels are Enkei NT03.

I'm kind of concerned about the tranny, I heard one guy broke his tranny and Nissan is not going to cover it because he violated the contract. It costs about $20K, and the sad part is he is willing to pay for it, but the part won't be available for another 3 months.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Does the KW Variant 3's support the cars electronic thing-a-ma-jigs to stiffen the car up? (GTR)

Or will it just throw a CEL?
Old Nov 14, 2008, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

It's not KW V3, it's KW Clubsports with hydrolic height adjuster. And I'm 100% sure, but it suppose to work with the existing system.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 03:05 PM

Wow great numbers on a stock GTR...
Congrats!
Old Nov 14, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jooyoung99
It's not KW V3, it's KW Clubsports with hydrolic height adjuster. And I'm 100% sure, but it suppose to work with the existing system.
Sounds good, I guess some of the clubsports models are totally different than their V3 counterparts for other models.. At least for the EVO X and the EVO IX, they clubsports are the same as their V3 counterparts (twin-tube) except for slightly different valving (to accomodate higher spring rates).
Old Nov 14, 2008, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

No, I'm not on the GTR Forum yet. I'm on the my350z.com forum, and there is a GTR section there.

The wheels are Enkei NT03.

I'm kind of concerned about the tranny, I heard one guy broke his tranny and Nissan is not going to cover it because he violated the contract. It costs about $20K, and the sad part is he is willing to pay for it, but the part won't be available for another 3 months.
yeah i wouldnt take any chances. $20gs is a lot of money.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No expert here, but i think 3 seconds is considered quite a bit of time. Not alot, but not small either. Congrats on the car.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Congrats on your GTR, but too bad you don't have the anymore. Hopefully you'll stick around here
Old Nov 14, 2008, 07:51 PM

I'm on that forum also. But the GTR section there is lame. Check out www.MyGTR.com for a great GTR forum. TONS of info and great people there.
Old Nov 14, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome pics! Time to clean that camera lens ............
Old Nov 15, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

I really regret selling my EVO X, and I think I sold it too cheap. But I think it went to a good owner, Mike K. @Afiturbo, who will make this car faster than I would've been able to. EVO X is a an awesome car for the buck!! Especially with all the mods coming out, I wouldn't be surprised to get my a$$ whooped by an EVO X.
Hey JoJo, Some I am a little confused with your latest words. You "regret" selling your X, so why did you do it? You were told before you bought the GTR that you were making a mistake and yet you did it anyway despite your own misgivings. In addition, you say the current owner of your X can make it "faster than" you because you "would've been able to". How is that true? You spent ~$100K -~$30K=~$70K to get the GTR. I think $70K, no $30K (with $40K left over to party), put into your previous X could have completely eaten up the GTR on the straight, the only area where the X is currently wanting, according to you. Oh and BTW, in case you didn't hear, the GTR was bested by AMS' X which had OEM internals and a mild turbo upgrade plus the "same" mod's you had on your old X. So, yes, you are correct: Your "a$$" will be "whooped by an EVO X" down the road and it will not only be AMS' X but a whole lot of others. Reason you ask: Because it is an inherently better track car and more inexpensive mod's are becoming available every day resulting in many X''ers being able to outperform the GTR. The GTR, by contrast, is a relatively closed box when it comes to upgrades especially the ECU. Furthermore, modifying this car will cost big bucks. As proof, I note in the latest issue of Sport Compact that NISMO is offering a "Club Sports Package" in Japan for the GTR. It consists of exhaust, suspension, wheels and one under carraige piece i.e., no engine upgrades for a mere $50K. Why is NISMO offering this suspension upgrade to their top end race designed GT car? Because they have witnessed the X's superior track performance relative to the GTR; they do not want a $35K, four banger continuing to outperform their $100K, V-6 car. In short, they have been caught in their own hype and found to be wanting and now are desparately trying to bridge the performance gap; in 09 there are rumors going around that Nissan may offer a "+550hp" variant of the GTR; better start saving your pennies for this will cost even more than you currently spent.
Good luck in future track days .... you are going to need it!

Later, Ken

Later, Ken
Old Nov 15, 2008, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

^ Poor guy is going to throw a fritz when a turbo-charged Cobalt outperforms him.
Old Nov 15, 2008, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

the evo X is a great car for the buck but,,,, nissan did it again, the gt-R is an amazing car for me i think! i want one(i still keeping my IX thou),,,,
Old Nov 15, 2008, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KidEvo
^ Poor guy is going to throw a fritz when a turbo-charged Cobalt outperforms him.
arn't Cobalt SS supercharged?
Old Nov 15, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KPerez
Hey JoJo, Some I am a little confused with your latest words. You "regret" selling your X, so why did you do it? You were told before you bought the GTR that you were making a mistake and yet you did it anyway despite your own misgivings. In addition, you say the current owner of your X can make it "faster than" you because you "would've been able to". How is that true? You spent ~$100K -~$30K=~$70K to get the GTR. I think $70K, no $30K (with $40K left over to party), put into your previous X could have completely eaten up the GTR on the straight, the only area where the X is currently wanting, according to you. Oh and BTW, in case you didn't hear, the GTR was bested by AMS' X which had OEM internals and a mild turbo upgrade plus the "same" mod's you had on your old X. So, yes, you are correct: Your "a$$" will be "whooped by an EVO X" down the road and it will not only be AMS' X but a whole lot of others. Reason you ask: Because it is an inherently better track car and more inexpensive mod's are becoming available every day resulting in many X''ers being able to outperform the GTR. The GTR, by contrast, is a relatively closed box when it comes to upgrades especially the ECU. Furthermore, modifying this car will cost big bucks. As proof, I note in the latest issue of Sport Compact that NISMO is offering a "Club Sports Package" in Japan for the GTR. It consists of exhaust, suspension, wheels and one under carraige piece i.e., no engine upgrades for a mere $50K. Why is NISMO offering this suspension upgrade to their top end race designed GT car? Because they have witnessed the X's superior track performance relative to the GTR; they do not want a $35K, four banger continuing to outperform their $100K, V-6 car. In short, they have been caught in their own hype and found to be wanting and now are desparately trying to bridge the performance gap; in 09 there are rumors going around that Nissan may offer a "+550hp" variant of the GTR; better start saving your pennies for this will cost even more than you currently spent.
Good luck in future track days .... you are going to need it!

Later, Ken

Later, Ken
You again? Stop posting in my thread.

Quick Reply: Stock GTR vs 350 WHP EVO X with KW V3