Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Specialty X Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2012, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yy89
Hey silicontek, I actually went thru every page of the 60 page evox forums regarding this exhaust and followed your issue. It was all praise and rave reviews until page 47 of that thread, and I wonder how much, if any still holds up.

I still have 2nd thoughts about the exhaust, but based on how everything played out, I'm still willing to give them a go. Seb has told me that the issue only affected a small percentage of customers. I'm about to call them today and give them my cc, so any additional details is valuable.

Cheers
In the end, we had 7 other people or so with the same issue I had (mostly all IM's and Seb stating he has had the same issues with customers after installs done by SX themselves). I just like giving credit were credit is due. I don't go suckin beans just because something looks hot. I fought issues with my mid-pipe hitting my driveshaft heatshield bolts for months...they finally sent me a "custom" testpipe... Seeing as how our cheap cars are manufactured like a dime...

My problem was fixed...yes.

Did it takes months...yes.

Am I happy my driveshaft, in two places, has been lathed, no.

Am I happy my $700 DP has nearly a hole rubbed through it, negative.

I have a few others but quite honestly the company isn't worth the effort anymore.

If you asked me what the only regret you have about owning your X...SX.

Last edited by SiliconTek; Jul 31, 2012 at 08:06 PM.