Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

What is your Dealership Experience Like?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:02 AM
GNR
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me, Not only mitsubishi dealershipers r crooks, but all of them r CROOKS. You should try MAZDAS too. Same ****, different brand.. BMW, and Audi, same ****, only the good about them is you have to bring ur cars back to service, have u same their bills later.. My cars mostly Subaru , mitsubishi, and mazdas doesnt cost that alot of money for service.. Sure bmw and audi service for warranty items is good, but wait until something goes wrong you see ur bill. i do all the work myself, there no need to go to dealerships to service my car, just email MITSUBISHIPARTS.NET.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

My experiences with some of the local dealerships here have been just plain awful. But it's more management, service advisers, and customer service that sucks!!!! Matter of face I looked on the local BBB and one dealership has 14+ disputes against them.

But the techs I have been able to talk to were Hella Cool!
Old Nov 22, 2008, 12:48 PM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
This whole thread upsets me. I hate hearing about all the awful experiences people get at the dealership. I work in a dealership so it hits home. I see it everyday in front of me. I challenge myself to not get caught up in all the negative hoopla like most dealer employees. I work with a lot of 'typical' people and I work with a lot of great people, but I personally hate having to go to the dealership (even though I work at one). I try my best to change peoples perspective...that is what keeps me going.

Unfortunatly not everyone is mechanically inclined so they get stuck going into a place they hate.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by GNR
For me, Not only mitsubishi dealershipers r crooks, but all of them r CROOKS. You should try MAZDAS too. Same ****, different brand.. BMW, and Audi, same ****, only the good about them is you have to bring ur cars back to service, have u same their bills later.. My cars mostly Subaru , mitsubishi, and mazdas doesnt cost that alot of money for service.. Sure bmw and audi service for warranty items is good, but wait until something goes wrong you see ur bill. i do all the work myself, there no need to go to dealerships to service my car, just email MITSUBISHIPARTS.NET.
Is this English?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by GNR
Back when I had my 3000GT VR4 -- I either did the work myself or I had an independent shop that specialized in Mitsubishis do the work. But a new car comes with a warranty, so I will have to utilize the dealership for me.

They are all out to make money -- that is granted.

Compare these two service experiences:
My Lexus SC400 with a ton of miles on it (it just ate the freeways up). The car is out of warranty. I lost the key to it while doing yardwork at a friend's house. I called the dealer, they arranged a flatbed pickup truck to pick the car and me up. I get to the dealership, the service writer comes out to the car and walks with me into the dealership, he takes me to the fridge with complimentary beverages and assorted pastries, he walks me over to the lounge and tells me he will finish writing everything up and come get me. Fifteen minutes later, he returns. In order to replace the key, they need to replace the security computer($1200 + labor) as well. Lexus will pay for the new computer (even though my car is out of warranty by age and miles), but I have to pay for the key ($120 or something). Unfortunately the computer is not kept in stock locally, so they are having it overnighted. Also, unfortunately they are out of loaner cars, so they have arranged for a complimentary rental car for me as well.
Total cost to me: $120.
Would I buy another Lexus today: you bet...but right now I am looking for a car that is a bit more engaging to drive.

My Ford Focus NYC car--
Under warranty, 18k miles, maintained 100%. Warranty supposedly includes loaner cars. The car will not start under its own power. I call a few dealers and they say they don't have time to fix my car. I find one that says they can. So I jump the car and drive it in. I wait about 15 minutes for a service advisor to come out of the booth and write up my car. They then direct me to the waiting area (four cinder block walls with no windows except for the glass door that opens into the service area...a jail cell).
I wait there for about 45 minutes and don't hear anything. So I go out and ask the service manager what the deal is (my car hasn't moved). I ask for a loaner and they turn me down. I ask for them to arrange a rental (on my dime) and they won't even do that. They tell me they will get to my car soon so I decide to wait it out.
Two hours later (luckily I brought my laptop with cell modem so I could get work done), they tell me they charged the battery but that I will need to bring it in another day for them to finish fixing the car...wtf. They then tell me I also need new brake pads (which I didn't). It took about four or five visits to fix a simple problem (bad battery and alternator).

I don't mind paying for a rental car. $22 is the rate enterprise charges B2B for a car. It turns out they don't need to provide a rental car unless they keep my car overnight, hence the "we fixed it but you will probably need to come back early another day" act. If you are going to fleece my wallet, at least make me feel good about it.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

The experience I've had with my dealer here in Albany has been just great. Everyone from the sales guys to the service techs have been extremely curtious and helpful whenever I bring my X in. I'm talking about Mangino by the way, never bring your car to DeNooyer.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 11:41 AM

I had a 99 eclipse gs-t that i bought used from a used car place (miss that damn car) and i had gone into the mitsu dealer about 2 years ago with 23k to put down on a evo IX mr that i wanted but i didnt tell them that i had it and those bastards would'nt even let me sit in the freakin car! "Oh sorry we can only let buyers sit in em and no test drives" Needless to say i had a good long talk with the owner and told him what i planned on doing and told him they can take their car and shove it deep in their a$$ with no lube. They treated me like some dumb 23year old that cant afford their precious car so i went to a different dealer in penn and they treated me much better after they found out i had that kinda money to put down.... After all was said and done i had no choice but to go back to the dealer here for service but now that i have an evo they are completely different toward me until i asked about how they feel about mods and they made it clear that even a turbo timer may void my warranty. I talked to a different service guy though and he pretty much said if he needs to turn his head he would and his boss is just a ***** about evo's. Bottom line is i really have yet to have a good experience with those jerks. I live in NY by the way
Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by racerx0312
I had a 99 eclipse gs-t that i bought used from a used car place (miss that damn car) and i had gone into the mitsu dealer about 2 years ago with 23k to put down on a evo IX mr that i wanted but i didnt tell them that i had it and those bastards would'nt even let me sit in the freakin car! "Oh sorry we can only let buyers sit in em and no test drives" Needless to say i had a good long talk with the owner and told him what i planned on doing and told him they can take their car and shove it deep in their a$$ with no lube. They treated me like some dumb 23year old that cant afford their precious car so i went to a different dealer in penn and they treated me much better after they found out i had that kinda money to put down.... After all was said and done i had no choice but to go back to the dealer here for service but now that i have an evo they are completely different toward me until i asked about how they feel about mods and they made it clear that even a turbo timer may void my warranty. I talked to a different service guy though and he pretty much said if he needs to turn his head he would and his boss is just a ***** about evo's. Bottom line is i really have yet to have a good experience with those jerks. I live in NY by the way
So, you went to one dealer, didn't tell them you had $23k to put down on a car, and you were told you couldn't sit in, or test drive, a new MR. Then you went to another dealer where you did tell them you had $23k to put down on a car and they treated you better? Shocking.
Old Nov 24, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

good
Old Nov 24, 2008, 04:59 PM
GNR
Evolving Member

I hope I wrote I english.. Its not Japanese, or Cantonese!!!
Old Nov 25, 2008, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by GNR
I hope I wrote I english.. Its not Japanese, or Cantonese!!!
touche'
Old Nov 25, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

i think most people on evoM are afraid of the dealer because of the bad experiences they read about here.

everyone needs to just GO TO THERE dealer for the problems they have(given they arent problems directly related to something they modded). go there and complain about whatever it is. if they tell you it wont be covered, argue and argue and argue. who cares... if you lose, you lose. at least you tried. they CAN NOT charge you for any work on your car without first getting your authorization, so if they tell you you have to pay for something, tell them to F off.

just go to your dealer guys... for everyone... so they know evo owners arent afraid of them and want justice! :0
Old Nov 25, 2008, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

when i walked into my first mitsubishi dealer there was this big dry-erase board on the wall. it had all the saleman's names listned with check marks next to each name(indicating their sales). is this normal? seems tacky to me.

i sat down with one of the salesman and started talking about what i wanted, immediately i was put off by this guy. another salesman jumped in and i had both salesmen talking to me. it was at this point i said take a hike to the one and cut the **** to the other; in the nicest way possible of course. finally i got their quote, which was for a car i didn't want????.....i got up, shook his hand and left.

the good news, i found my car at another dealership. atleast i got to test drive the car at the other dealersip, suckers.

Last edited by John83; Nov 25, 2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 05:23 PM

To me, it's interesting how Mitsubishi dealers are reluctant to have test drives in EVOs. Even when it was apparent I have money, they still wanted a downpayment before letting me drive it. The EVO is nice and all, but I can call up my Porsche salesman, and they will have a porter drive a car out for me to test drive to my heart's content.

At Mitsubishi: "If you are a serious buyer, then you know that this is the car you want."

Well, actually, the most important thing to me about a car is how it drives. I looked long and hard at the G37 which has everything I like about the car in amenities, looks, numbers, power, etc... But I drove it and was completely underwhelmed. Same with the 1 Series, IS, etc... So how can the MMNA dealer expect me to start negotiating on a car that I don't even like? I'm trying to pick up a daily driver and they are acting like I am trying to pickup an invitation-only Enzo and not a car that is backed up on all sorts of dealer lots.

The whole negotiate price/financing, put deposit down, and then we will let you decide if you like the car or not was a bit of a letdown. That is what really makes me wonder how I will be treated after I sign over the cash on the car when I visit the back door of the dealership (service department).
Old Nov 26, 2008, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Under PSI
So, you went to one dealer, didn't tell them you had $23k to put down on a car, and you were told you couldn't sit in, or test drive, a new MR. Then you went to another dealer where you did tell them you had $23k to put down on a car and they treated you better? Shocking.
NO, they let me do all of that before they knew about the monye. After they found out about the money its was even better! Tom Masano Mitsu in penn is the only good mitsu dealer i have been to ever.

Quick Reply: What is your Dealership Experience Like?