Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X turn signals location (on dash)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2008, 12:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X turn signals location (on dash)

Is there anyone forgetting to turn off turn signal after turning it on when changing lanes or making turns??

Is there a way of installing some kind of beeping sound when forgetting to turn off turn signals??

I think they should of put the turn signal closer together (blinker on dash) so it's easy to see...I find it kinda hidden (hard to see).

Does anyone agree???
Old Nov 29, 2008, 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

YOU mean you actually use signals! You don't just slice in and out of traffic like everybody else?!?! you are not driving your car correctly!
Old Nov 29, 2008, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

i just use the flick, then it turns off by itself lol. . .
Old Nov 29, 2008, 02:26 AM
Evolving Member

flick FTW!
Old Nov 29, 2008, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xpertdriver
Is there a way of installing some kind of beeping sound when forgetting to turn off turn signals??
I've been meaning to ask the same thing. I don't think I care now as much as when I first got the car, but I can barely hearing the "clicks" when the turn signals on. It hasn't happened recently but when I first got the car it seemed like I was always leaving my turn signals on; the fact that I can't see the indicator arrows past the steering wheel doesn't help either. Anyone know if there's a way to turn up the volume for this?
Old Nov 29, 2008, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

lol just leave your hand on the turn signal when you flick it up or down so that way you remember after you change lanes
Old Nov 29, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Im glad im not the only one having this problem.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

I've definitely had a few moments where I felt like an 80 year old, leaving the blinker on for 10 minutes after I've turned. Oh well, it'll make the people behind you more cautious at the possibility you could turn any second.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Anche io!

Originally Posted by macPSU
I've definitely had a few moments where I felt like an 80 year old, leaving the blinker on for 10 minutes after I've turned. Oh well, it'll make the people behind you more cautious at the possibility you could turn any second.
This really cracks me up. I contemplated starting a thread weeks after I picked my car because I found myself doing the same thing, but I was too proud . I think I'm just about over it, but if I knew how to turn up the volume of signal "clicks," I'd be all over it.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 11:47 AM
Account Disabled

happened to me a few weeks back, lol. the clicker is so silent, i drove halfway down the highway with it on... yikes.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by btownsoccer22
lol just leave your hand on the turn signal when you flick it up or down so that way you remember after you change lanes
On my way home this evening, I had to keep telling myself to do this so I could drill it in my brain.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR_Lance
YOU mean you actually use signals! You don't just slice in and out of traffic like everybody else?!?! you are not driving your car correctly!
Old Nov 29, 2008, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Glad you mentioned this, I thought I was getting old. I imagine the surprise people get when passing and seeing that someone young has been driving for miles with the TS blinking.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 05:58 PM

I thought I also was the only one having this problem! Not only is the "clicking sound" missing, I can't even see the flashing light from my seat position! I try to make a "mental note" each time I make a turn just to remember to check if they are still on! I used to b*tch at all the elderly for this now I'm doing the same thing!
Old Nov 30, 2008, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

I have the same thing. Every now and then i forget about it. Driving 30 minutes down the highway with my left signal on. :*(

Quick Reply: Evo X turn signals location (on dash)