Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Is an Evo X a good bday present?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice, I came from a DC5 to an X. Definitely a huge difference between VTEC/fwd and Turbo/AWD. Enjoy!
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:02 PM

congrats on the purchase, i think thats a pretty good b-day present. I came from an 99 Ek hatch ( alot of us were honda people, lol....). i am hoping to upgrade my IX to the X for my B-day too.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pcasso87
looks very sexy in red congrats, is it 09 model or 08???
its a 08 X
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4Trouble
Now that you got an evo, it is time you show some love to your EG6, hurry and remove those wings, side skirts, hood and altezza lights....
well i do know that ima have a friend that owns this body shop just complete redo my hatch, new front bumper and skirts, the rear bumper is st8, so is the hood just gotta close the scoop and a complete paint job
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 628
Yeah and keep the previous theme of mods away from the Evo..

oh trust me, other then some wheels and maybe change the color of the high beams and fog light im leaving the body alone!!!!!!!
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wongck
Nice, I came from a DC5 to an X. Definitely a huge difference between VTEC/fwd and Turbo/AWD. Enjoy!
dude i dont think anybody can put to words the crazy difference it is from a nonturbo honda anything FWD to a Evo, im still a loss for words on the entire feelin on what i just bought!
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RealVibes.net
congrats on the purchase, i think thats a pretty good b-day present. I came from an 99 Ek hatch ( alot of us were honda people, lol....). i am hoping to upgrade my IX to the X for my B-day too.
+1 like i said b4, goin from a honda to a Evo is so wild!!, when i swap my d15 to a b18 i thought i was on top of the world, (for just a lil while) lol, i got beat a couple teams, or a few more times, but now its like ok i have something with a gr8 foundation, not that ima do too much to it, i now i am, its just now i think a lil different about the entire tuner thing, now i have to do it right. this was a gr8 bday present to myself!

Last edited by Maverickvf84; Dec 1, 2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah i came from Turboed DC5. . but the handling of AWD compare to FWD.... AWD just kicks ***. lol Congrats!
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

thanx guys!!!!!!
whats still crazy is that it seems that my friends a fam r more excited about it then i am. i was so excited with just the idea of me gettin it, but now that i have it it like ok, what do i do now!... i think its becuz now i have this huge responcibility. some ppl also say that after a make a few payments ill feel better, another reason y i think im not too crazy about it now is becuz i still have to break the motor and tranny in, i really wanna get into it but i know i shouldnt and i know i wont
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Maverickvf84
thanx guys!!!!!!
whats still crazy is that it seems that my friends a fam r more excited about it then i am. i was so excited with just the idea of me gettin it, but now that i have it it like ok, what do i do now!... i think its becuz now i have this huge responcibility. some ppl also say that after a make a few payments ill feel better, another reason y i think im not too crazy about it now is becuz i still have to break the motor and tranny in, i really wanna get into it but i know i shouldnt and i know i wont
It's probably partially the fact that you can't get on it too much, but a large part of it is the lovely buyer's remorse. We all always have it, to some degree, after a large purchase. Chances are that after a few payments, and a few WOT jaunts, you'll forget all about it. It's a big shock to the human mind to have such a huge change happen, even if you didn't have the large sum of money on it as well.
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

when i was driving back form the dealer after i bought the X a lot of ppl were staring me down. many were prolly just thinkin damn thats a badas* car, but one car with these three dudes drivin a SVT focus kept toyin with me. the kept gunning it next to me, pullin ahead and then back next to me, i really wanted to give it to them and shut them up but i knew i couldnt. so being the smartas* that i am i toold my friend in the passenger seat to hold up the sales sticker and shake his head, he did and they backed off, i know that sound corny but that was the best thing i could think of that wouldnt hurt the X
Old Dec 1, 2008, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

when i was driving back form the dealer after i bought the X a lot of ppl were staring me down. many were prolly just thinkin damn thats a badas* car, but one car with these three dudes drivin a SVT focus kept toyin with me. the kept gunning it next to me, pullin ahead and then back next to me, i really wanted to give it to them and shut them up but i knew i couldnt. so being the smartas* that i am i toold my friend in the passenger seat to hold up the sales sticker and shake his head, he did and they backed off, i know that sound corny but that was the best thing i could think of that wouldnt hurt the X
You don't have to break the car in to turn, or slow down. It takes awhile to develop the skill to ignore idiots like that, but you'll get the hang of it, no worries!
Old Dec 1, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
You don't have to break the car in to turn, or slow down. It takes awhile to develop the skill to ignore idiots like that, but you'll get the hang of it, no worries!
if i was in my hatch it would have been a whole different turn out but yeah yu right, it so hard to ignore those ppl
Old Dec 1, 2008, 01:00 PM

thats an awesome bday present lol
Old Dec 1, 2008, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

if i was in my hatch it would have been a whole different turn out but yeah yu right, it so hard to ignore those ppl
You have no idea. I had an SRT4 that would do that same thing you described to me EVERY time I saw him. Finally I got him to leave me alone by rolling down my rear windows automatically since their's do not go down.

The worst was a motorcycle not too long ago that followed me doing that back and forth thing, or was all over my tail, for 10 min and like 5 turns down long roads in the Porsche... I thought I was gonna get stabbed.

Quick Reply: Is an Evo X a good bday present?