Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

WTF is wrong with my Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2008, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoG8r
I have an appointment for Thursday morning. I will be in total shock if they tell me its not covered. I plan to make sure I am there if they have a regional rep show up to inspect it.

I can't buy a twin disk clutch, my wife would never forgive me. I already warned her that we might have a problem getting this covered. I purchased this car from South Coast Mitsu and my car looked like it had not been moved in months (it was not detailed for some reason).

Anyway, I'll update you all soon.
good luck man I recently got clutch replaced 6K miles no launching and racing. I even contacted 1-800 mitsu ....that was waste of time all this lady did was freaking returned me a phone call with
"hello, sir we are sorry to inform you but clutch is wear and tear item and is not replaceable under the warranty"

I have ACT btw
Old Dec 2, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

I think MITSU is getting paid by dealers for putting a weak clutch so that they can tap you for 2K and than void your warranty since you will go aftermarket.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Well, I dropped off the car. The mechanic said he had a similar problem for three weeks. He will open up a case for me with Mitsu and I'll also get the reflash while its there. I should know more this afternoon.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

sounds like what happen to me and my car..goodluck you will need it..this is another reason i am probably selling my car..i put a new clutch but still worried about it..feels like a money pit
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:59 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are they fixing it or not?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

They flashed my ECU with the latest rom and couldn't replicate the problem during the test drive. I took the car home. They are going to call me when the district rep is there so he can take a ride with me and I can show him. I haven't had time to drive the car around to see if its going to happen again. I'll keep updating this thread as needed.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

clutch for sure
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

^^+1
Originally Posted by EvoG8r
They flashed my ECU with the latest rom and couldn't replicate the problem during the test drive. I took the car home. They are going to call me when the district rep is there so he can take a ride with me and I can show him. I haven't had time to drive the car around to see if its going to happen again. I'll keep updating this thread as needed.
+1 that's cool that you are going to let the district rep ride with ya! They couldn't replicate my problem either and I took it home and it was obviously slipping but I let it slide.......
I should should have let the district rep roll with me when it was happening the first time.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

dam fred hope it gets fixed and you get back on track.

on a side note your old car is getting the royal treatment and is going back on the dyno tommorow for a new tune on 93 with some new parts and a E 85 tune.ill let you know how she does
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^+1000
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

7000 miles still strong.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

One thing I noted about the conversation is that Mitsubishi is getting more and more strict on voiding warranties for anything.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:17 PM

7200 miles
its my first AWD,First Turbo'd car, First Manual(yes my first car learned to drive manual with it)

I've Launched it hard around 6 times
and burnt it outta 1st gear once to where it smelled for a while(yes i know noob but hey its my first manual)

Clutch still going strong....guess I am the lucky few or i learned how to drive manual quick
Old Dec 5, 2008, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

The car is running strong today with no slippage. Maybe it was the 5000 rpm stutter that as fooling me, but why would it slip the clutch? I have no idea. I can just hope that was it.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bman13
7200 miles
its my first AWD,First Turbo'd car, First Manual(yes my first car learned to drive manual with it)

I've Launched it hard around 6 times
and burnt it outta 1st gear once to where it smelled for a while(yes i know noob but hey its my first manual)

Clutch still going strong....guess I am the lucky few or i learned how to drive manual quick
You qualify for a reward, extended warranty maybe

Quick Reply: WTF is wrong with my Evo?