Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

WTF is wrong with my Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2008, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never buying anther mitsu product again in my life. search for my thread. same issue but with 2nd gear trans grind. 14k miles 100% bone stock never raced one ****ing time. i had the HEAD TECH ride with me and tell me "it definately should not be doing this" and then all my phone calls were ignored. i was told that i would have to sign something stating that if htey dropped the trans and found "nothing to be wrong" or "abuse" they wouldn't cover it and i'd be stuck with the bill. im a 21 year old college student who cant afford to drop 3 ****ing grand on a stock transmission.

i called corperate and the ****ing c*nt told me to **** off as well

Last edited by Trail Slide; Dec 13, 2008 at 12:07 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

They gave me the same BS. If I wanted to pay out of my own pocket to conduct further research, I could. It would only cost $1800 to do it. They said its possible there could be a leaky gasket causing oil to cover the clutch at higher RPMs. So regardless, I eat the bill. I am hedging my bets and going with the pay out of my own pocket to have a shop put in an ACT. That should cost me $1200 give or take and no further lost days.

I think I am going to write the bureau of consumer protection to see what they say.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 11:53 AM

dec 07 mfg date evox

AT HIGH RPM thought that my clutch was slipping also , As far as I know the car has never been re- flashed ,It has 6600 miles on it with 2 oil changes. Ive been doing a lot of city driving since winter is here in Michigan and finally took it back on the expressway last week as the roads were clear ,I pulled 3 rd gear up to red line with no problems . any thoughts about the re-flash though my rpm and mph stay pretty close to each other during hard acceleration but have had a few instances where it didn't seem to put the power down like it should .
Old Dec 14, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
They gave me the same BS. If I wanted to pay out of my own pocket to conduct further research, I could. It would only cost $1800 to do it. They said its possible there could be a leaky gasket causing oil to cover the clutch at higher RPMs. So regardless, I eat the bill. I am hedging my bets and going with the pay out of my own pocket to have a shop put in an ACT. That should cost me $1200 give or take and no further lost days.

I think I am going to write the bureau of consumer protection to see what they say.
+1

Just recently got my ACT Street clutch & flywheel put in and I absolutely love it with no regrets so you will not be disappointed with ACT.
It probably didnt do much but also filed a complaint on our BBB here about the local dealerships and will file on corporate too.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoG8r

I believe the department of consumer affairs is what you mean, and yes, I would contact them. If they feel that your case is worth investigating, they will get the attorney general's office involved and that tends to get wheels moving. Good luck.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mark B
AT HIGH RPM thought that my clutch was slipping also , As far as I know the car has never been re- flashed ,It has 6600 miles on it with 2 oil changes. Ive been doing a lot of city driving since winter is here in Michigan and finally took it back on the expressway last week as the roads were clear ,I pulled 3 rd gear up to red line with no problems . any thoughts about the re-flash though my rpm and mph stay pretty close to each other during hard acceleration but have had a few instances where it didn't seem to put the power down like it should .
was in same situstaion and got clutch replaced
Old Dec 18, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

I called Mitsubishi customer service to complain and they opened up a case. I am supposed to get a call back tomorrow.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Yp thats exatly what i did. This is what you gonna hear

"Hello Sir, i contacted your local service manager who seems to be very knowledge able guy. But The clutch is a wear and tear item and is not covered under the warranty"
Old Dec 19, 2008, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

Did you call the arbitration people? That's my next step. I already ordered the ACT clutch anyway, but I don't want to pay $700+ in labor to have it installed if I can get it covered under warranty.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

I think all of this is dealer dependent. The dealer I bought my car from (Sam Swope, Louisville, KY) has always been great about warrenty work. Even replaced plastic on the door frame that was a little scratched by the tech that changed out the seatcovers on my Evo. I know for a fact they have replaced an SST (covered) on an MR they sold. The were great on my Eclipse and got the factory to cover a part that had just lapsed out of warrenty.

Downside is they are not mod friendly. No mods and I think they will cover everything unless there is obvious signs of abuse.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

The Mitsubishi case manager called me back and is going to call the dealer on Monday. She said they would need to provide better proof for the warranty denial then just "its a wearable item and is not covered under warranty."