Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Thinking of switching from the IX to the X for safety.. ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2008, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aftershock141
The manufacturer did not test the Evolution IX when they did the safety tests, they tested the base lancer. The panels were not reinforced by steel, but they are in the evo. It would've been nice for everyone with a IX if they would've tested them to see what the actual safety rating would be.
I honesly doubt that having some steel reinforcement in the door is going to make it a whole lot better. The door is still thin and there is no air bag to provide some form of cushion to absorb some of the energy form your body and head when smashing into the door.

It seems to me like you guys are making this way more complicated than it has to be. The X is a safer vehicle than the IX.... no questions about it. The S-AWC system has added safety to prevent a crash while a stronger chassis and the addition of more airbags (even for the rear passengers as well) have made it safer in the event of a crash. To the OP, if you are looking for a safer vehicle than your IX and still want the performance and room, then the X is an excellent choice. If you want the safest car on the market then pony up to spend the money and you wont get the same performance....which i dont think you want to go that route.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stellar24
I honesly doubt that having some steel reinforcement in the door is going to make it a whole lot better. The door is still thin and there is no air bag to provide some form of cushion to absorb some of the energy form your body and head when smashing into the door.

It seems to me like you guys are making this way more complicated than it has to be. The X is a safer vehicle than the IX.... no questions about it. The S-AWC system has added safety to prevent a crash while a stronger chassis and the addition of more airbags (even for the rear passengers as well) have made it safer in the event of a crash. To the OP, if you are looking for a safer vehicle than your IX and still want the performance and room, then the X is an excellent choice. If you want the safest car on the market then pony up to spend the money and you wont get the same performance....which i dont think you want to go that route.
no, there is only a certain amount I can spend and the X is about as high as i'm going. I'd like to think with the economy the way it is now I could get a really good deal on one as well, so that might help take some of the sting out of the monthly payments.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Methodical4u
no, there is only a certain amount I can spend and the X is about as high as i'm going. I'd like to think with the economy the way it is now I could get a really good deal on one as well, so that might help take some of the sting out of the monthly payments.
If you are looking to buy then check out this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=377669

That should give you some good information about current pricing, what to expect at the dealer, and how to get the best deal. {thumbup****