Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

X incentives for December?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
X incentives for December?

anyone know what these are as of 1:32PM, Dec.4?
Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

I would imagine that will continue the 0% on all remaining 2008 X's until they're gone. Fresno Mitsubishi currently has 6 GSR's and 2 MR's wasting away on their lot. I've kinda been monitoring them. As far as I can tell, they've sold one Evo in the last few months. The RR X in front of their dealership hasn't moved in months, literally. I'm surprised that the tires aren't flat.

Additionally, if the economy worsens considerably in 2009 (which I strongly believe it will do) I would be willing to bet that you'll find 0% financing on 2009's, as well. At this point, nobody should be paying more than invoice for any Evo X, even with the 0% APR for 60 months.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

w00t for 0%

get it while the gettin's good
Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

well, dealer in my town has 5gsr and 2mr sitting, one i want has been sitting since march and has 117 miles on it already (could that be considered used by the way?)
i would start to get worried about the tires getting flatspots

i think that at this point, if you look hard enough, you might find a dealer who will sell you one at below cost (not invoice) but cost.

i was hoping to take invoice add holdback, dealer cash, 500 rebate, 0apr, and potentially another enduser rebate (say 1000 instant for left over 08 ) That would bring a black base gsr with msrp of 34K to below 29K w/apr. now thats more tolerable
Old Dec 5, 2008, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

still not posted, anyone stop by dealer?
Old Dec 5, 2008, 07:00 AM

I'm excited to hear as well, I wonder when the 09s will arrive if they can't get rid of the 08s
Old Dec 5, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mathgeek
At this point, nobody should be paying more than invoice for any Evo X, even with the 0% APR for 60 months.

Make sure the dealer does not even make 1 cent. You dont want them to be around next year when you need some warranty work done.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by scottatayamaha
Make sure the dealer does not even make 1 cent. You dont want them to be around next year when you need some warranty work done.
arent they loosing money anyway having to pay insurance on the car sitting on the lot?
Old Dec 5, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

i am sure that they sell all cars, do all of their service and sell parts for below cost

Old Dec 5, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

I said invoice, not dealer cost. If a dealer sells a car at invoice they still make anywhere from 3 - 4% on holdback (or more, depending on the car). You'd be hardpressed to buy an Evo at cost and still get the 0% financing. Now you could buy an Evo at cost if A) you came in with your own financing or paid cash and B) the dealer was desperate (which they all are). Keep in mind that, at this point, dealers are losing money on cars that have been sitting there for a long time. Read up on how floorplan financing works. Dealers borrow money from the bank to finance their inventory. When the car sells, they pay the bank back. Interest is accruing daily on languishing inventory and so it might ultimately be prudent for a dealer to take a loss on a car just to avoid having to pay more interest. You may think it charitable to allow dealers to make a profit. I don't. It's fair, yes. But more important to me than seeing a dealer make a profit is getting the absolute lowest price on a car. Dealers generally prey on uninformed customers and will work very hard to extract as much money from them as they can. Informed and prudent buyers should happily do the same to them.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

You think Mitsu Dealers are loosing money on their sales?

We have Dodge & Jeep dealers giving away a car when you buy a truck. Like, seriously (google it if you need 2 prove me right); And incredibly and ubber-ludicrous prices like an New 08' Durango, MSRP $28,000 priced at $18,560.

That's about $10,000 off MSRP...

I thought of buying it and trading it for an Evo, I highly doubt i'll end up upside-down on that move!

But again i wish it was that easy...

MitsubishiCars.com has ZERO deals right now cuz they're updating that section for them Christmas deals... I hope '09s get much better deals cause the wait is killing me
Old Dec 5, 2008, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mathgeek
I said invoice, not dealer cost. If a dealer sells a car at invoice they still make anywhere from 3 - 4% on holdback (or more, depending on the car). You'd be hardpressed to buy an Evo at cost and still get the 0% financing. Now you could buy an Evo at cost if A) you came in with your own financing or paid cash and B) the dealer was desperate (which they all are). Keep in mind that, at this point, dealers are losing money on cars that have been sitting there for a long time. Read up on how floorplan financing works. Dealers borrow money from the bank to finance their inventory. When the car sells, they pay the bank back. Interest is accruing daily on languishing inventory and so it might ultimately be prudent for a dealer to take a loss on a car just to avoid having to pay more interest. You may think it charitable to allow dealers to make a profit. I don't. It's fair, yes. But more important to me than seeing a dealer make a profit is getting the absolute lowest price on a car. Dealers generally prey on uninformed customers and will work very hard to extract as much money from them as they can. Informed and prudent buyers should happily do the same to them.
I know how floor plans work. I have been working in the motorcycle industry for 8 years. It does not matter any ways because major car manufactures are all ready consalidating their dealers and closing stores (whether they were going out of business or not). Soon there wont be a Ford/toyota/GM ect. in every city and they will be far spread out. Dealers wont carry huge inventory and if you want specific features you will have to drive far to get it or have the car ordered. Supply and demand will drive prices up, that is if car manufactures dont go to fixed pricing. You will no longer be able to drive to your local dealer because they have shut down and gone out of business. You see how long a car dealer can stay open selling cars at invoice and still maintain a nice facility to keep their customer happy. Of course this is not all the customers fault for wanting a good deal. But the days of car dealers taking advantage of uninformed customers is long over. Now financing is so tight and regulations on advances over MSRP are almost non exsistant they would be lucky to get someone bought selling the car at MSRP. The only way now to make some money off a uninformed customer is to the sell the car at MSRP.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

I know how floor plans work. I have been working in the motorcycle industry for 8 years. It does not matter any ways because major car manufactures are all ready consalidating their dealers and closing stores (whether they were going out of business or not). Soon there wont be a Ford/toyota/GM ect. in every city and they will be far spread out. Dealers wont carry huge inventory and if you want specific features you will have to drive far to get it or have the car ordered. Supply and demand will drive prices up, that is if car manufactures dont go to fixed pricing. You will no longer be able to drive to your local dealer because they have shut down and gone out of business. You see how long a car dealer can stay open selling cars at invoice and still maintain a nice facility to keep their customer happy. Of course this is not all the customers fault for wanting a good deal. But the days of car dealers taking advantage of uninformed customers is long over. Now financing is so tight and regulations on advances over MSRP are almost non exsistant they would be lucky to get someone bought selling the car at MSRP. The only way now to make some money off a uninformed customer is to the sell the car at MSRP.
I see your point. The problem right now, though, is sales volume. Essentially, the only people who are buying new cars right now are those who need a car (as opposed to just wanting one). And most people have a car already. Uncertainty about one's job and home value are causing people to reign in their discretionary spending - the exact thing that drove gratuitous purchases of new cars when they weren't needed (and I am guilty of doing this from time to time). I think that a dealer could get by quite nicely selling all of their inventory at invoice provided that they sold a lot of cars. The problem is that sales volume is very low right now. Theoretically, a dealer who is selling fewer units would have to raise the selling price of each one in order to make up for the lower volume. Of course, that doesn't do much for sales. It's a bad situation all around. Dealerships are closing all over the place, and that's not good. However, there are those who, in the name of self-interest, will exploit this difficult situation and try to get a car for as little money as possible. It's just human nature.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/j...s.do?loc=en-us
Old Dec 5, 2008, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Mira!