Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X fuel pickup issues- attention

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
has anyone actually pulled apart the stock tank to see what the issue is? Does the feed arm not extent long enough? I gotta think that there is a more economical solution to this problem than adding another tank???
Old Dec 20, 2008, 02:26 AM
Evolving Member

HOLY *****.... im 19 and got my evo as a birthday present and 95% of the time my tank is < half a tank..... i push alot...
Old Dec 20, 2008, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

Fuel starvation on 1/2 tank?

I am a little confused here because of the conditons posted at which fuel starvation occured, specifically at the stated 1/3-1/2 fuel fill on a dyno. The vehicles attitude (positional, not emotional) on a dyno and at a track are completely different as you are all aware; on the track the car is shifting weight dramatically from one side to the next generating G's that obviously move the fuel from one side to the next. On a dyno, no such movementments occurs; rather a slight weight shift from front to the rear effect is what happens. I can understand fuel starvation at 1/2 full under track conditions. But how can this happen on a dyno? Something strange must exist in the OEM tank for this to happen. Earlier someone suggested baffles the consequences of which provide a fraction of the total fuel for the pick up. If this is true, then a more open full tank may be the first step before a full surge tank is considered. I say this for those non track guys that just want to dyno their car and/or have a reasonably spirited ride on the street with 1/3-1/2 tank of fuel. In short, running out of fuel with a half tank under dyno pull conditions is rediculous!

Later, Ken
Old Aug 12, 2010, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, I am bringing this back after two years... I had this problem for the first time today and I've been searching on here. I haven't come up with much. People seem to be aware of the problem, but I'm not seeing much more about this. My car is mostly stock and a DD. Today I hit fuel cut or whatever it's called on a 1/4 tank of gas. Three times in a row in 2nd gear. I immediately stopped to put some Sunoco 93 in the tank an it stopped doing it. What can we do?
Old Aug 12, 2010, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Put in a surge tank?
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-tank-kit.html