Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Theory on delay of 2009 Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2009, 08:32 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi Motor Sales of America Inc - Corporate Headquarters

(714) 372-6000

http://yellowpages.superpages.com/li...search=Find+It
Old Jan 12, 2009, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
There will not be any 2009 Evo X coming here to The 'States...MITSUBISHI wants to create the right demand for them...It is said so that the car will be appreciated more when it returns in 2010. So, hold onto whatever Evo you got, because the value of a well-kept one will be worth something serious!
Old Jan 12, 2009, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NJ9MR
There will not be any 2009 Evo X coming here to The 'States...MITSUBISHI wants to create the right demand for them...It is said so that the car will be appreciated more when it returns in 2010. So, hold onto whatever Evo you got, because the value of a well-kept one will be worth something serious!
I highly doubt that they would hold back potential sales to create demand.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 09:15 PM
Account Disabled

Why not they still have 08's sitting on lots.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I'm going to call them tomorrow morning. If this is all false speculation created by dealerships then I truly hate them all, even more so than I did before.
Old Jan 12, 2009, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by NJ9MR
It'd better return with some more power.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
Why not they still have 08's sitting on lots.
And that is exactly why North America will be the last region to get the 09's because 08's are still available. Canada may get the 09's sooner as the 08 EVO X inventory is lower here and there aren't many 08's left. There have already been numerous pics of 09 EVO X's from other parts of the world. The 09's have the black Ralliart taillights, MIVEC badging, new trim around the shifter, a cover for the cupholders, and cubby hole covers where the 12V access and radio aux inputs, chrome trim around the HVAC controls, AWC button moved permanently off the steering wheel on GSR's. That's it in a nutshell.

Take a look at the interior pics and you will notice the subtle changes;

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...lots-pics.html

Last edited by heavyD; Jan 13, 2009 at 06:44 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fishstix
Well I'm going to call them tomorrow morning. If this is all false speculation created by dealerships then I truly hate them all, even more so than I did before.
any luck with the phone call?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by accrane
any luck with the phone call?
Not really.

I called and talked to woman from customer services. I said, "There are a lot of rumors that there will be no 2009 Evolution model released to the States. Is this true?" She put me on hold to check, and her answer was to call back in 6 to 8 months. I asked, "so are we getting an 09 model?" and she responded, "Mitsubishi just released the Evolution X, so we are not sure yet."

I'm sure that she didn't exactly understand what I was asking, possibly because it's a "duh" answer that we are going to get 09 X's. She probably thought I was asking if a new model, like Evo XI, is coming out this year.

But if there was news that the 09 X's were not coming here then I'm sure their customer service would be informed about it and understand questions like mine. I didn't have time to try to get her to understand since I was in the parking lot of my work and already late.

I'm going to call a few dealerships around NJ right now since I'm on break. I'll tell you guys what they say.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Prestige Mitsubishi said that they are not getting any 09 models
Freehold said they are but they just don't know when

I don't know what's the point in calling any more when one says yes and the other says no.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Fresno Dealership = yes we are getting them
Visalia Dealership= same as above
Ive called a couple more and they all said yes.
Mits motors north America = yes North America will be receiving 09 evo x's

Socal mitsu = No 09
Old Jan 13, 2009, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Skyline559
Fresno Dealership = yes we are getting them
Visalia Dealership= same as above
Ive called a couple more and they all said yes.
Mits motors north America = yes North America will be receiving 09 evo x's

Socal mitsu = No 09
I guess the next question is..............when?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

hopefully sometime around march - april (crossing my fingers since i want an 09!)
Old Jan 23, 2009, 12:18 AM

Location: Adelanto, but I work in Riverside and sometimes stay in Moreno Valley.
They need to bump up the joose on the X because it's quite embarrassing to get spanked by a new WRX in a stock form.

Most people who own an Evo don't even go to a track so don't bring that whole bs about, "but when you put em on a track, blah, blah..."

I think that Subaru is coming hard. I'm sure the STI will also see an increase in power to keep a better gap.

My .02 cents.

I hope it's true
Old Jan 23, 2009, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

I agree with all that ^^. I really have a feeling (or a hope -lol) that the '10 Evo, and STi, are going to be bumped up, maybe 320-330 hp stock. And then the Ralliart could be bumped to 260, making it more competitive w/ the WRX, but without getting too close to the Evo. My belief that these changes will happen is due to the surprising performance of the '09 WRX.

As far as this thread topic though, I just think that Mitsu is in no rush to bring over '09s with so many '08s sitting on dealer lots (even with 0% financing). I mean, Mitsu is building '09 Evos (some on here have bought them), it just hasn't been announced for the US yet.

Quick Reply: Theory on delay of 2009 Evo X