Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Charging battery

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charging battery

How do you charge the battery in the X? I can't find anything in the Service Manual about this, and the Owner's Manual says to take it to a Mitsu dealer! I'm assuming that I can take off the red cover with the big "+" on the connector next to the ECU, and use that as the positive cable connection, but I can't figure out how to get this cover off.

I also know that the battery is supposed to take a max rate of 5 amp charge -- I'd use the 2 amp setting on my "intelligent" charger.

Thanks for any help on this.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 02:03 PM
GNR
Evolving Member

ur battery needs charging, its a new car.. most oem battery starts to lose charge after the 3 year. ( need a new one)
Old Dec 30, 2008, 02:17 PM

It's been sitting for about ten days, and I know I could just take it for a drive to charge the battery. This is really for future reference for that time when I discover that I've left something one that discharges the battery. I realize that I could just access the battery through the trunk, but was wondering what the standard procedure for charging the X battery is.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 02:28 PM

first if the car is going 2 sit for a long time( like over 3 months) pull the battery out. if u r going 2 charge i would recommend to make and disconnect it as 2 not cause a short in the electrical system(could happen but not sure). other wise just hook up the jumper pack and charge it like any other car. but there should be direction on how 2 jump it in the manual just follow those and u should be fine.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 04:24 PM
WAM
Evolving Member

Yeah, it's in the owners manual, and yes, the charger connection is under the red cover. I assume it slides up, but haven't checked it. But you shouldn't need to recharge just because it sat two weeks. Two months maybe. (Unless you left something on, or have a drain)