Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Somebody please comfort me!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mine used to do that but after slightly moding the car it was gone
Old Dec 30, 2008, 09:36 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by accrane
you and me both....wtf
You guy's crack me up. its really easy to sit at your computer, read a handful of negative statements and come to a conclusion. Its like sitting around a bunch of depressed people, listening to their sad stories..and eventually you start feeling depressed. I don't have that issue with my X MR.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steinvb12
I would not due a lemon law. You will end up spending time and money, and then not getting a new car anyway.

Since you got in another car and it does the same thing, wouldn't you just think that's normal then? Why does every Evo have to be defective?

I think sometimes you guys make a bigger deal out of it than what it is.... I agree the base map might not be the best, but is it really THAT bad??

Did you try a drop-in filter to lean it out a little?

I don't think it stutters as much as it is the tune. It comes on strong, and then kinda fades off. That's what all the cars do. I don't know how you think that determines a lemon law...
If there is a performance issue and its obvious the dealer reconized it and have tried to fix it then it should be covered. they never told him nothing was wrong. Something was found and they have tried to correct it.
I had an issue with my 03 eclipse making a wierd sound when 1st starting the car. It would have been covered if it affected performance but since it did not it was deemed a "characteristic " of the car and therefor not covered by lemon law.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 09:50 PM

i have serious doubts as to the lemon law thing working out.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by accrane
you and me both....wtf
me threeeeee!!!!!!
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:17 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by pcasso87
me threeeeee!!!!!!
You do all realize that forums inherently attract all the negative stories about car models, right? For every 1 thread on here where someone is having a problem with their X, there are 50 more people who are perfectly satisfied. Just something to think about...

To the OP - you have a great performance shop in the Salt Lake City area. Here's a link:

http://solidautoworks.com/

I would suggest taking your car there and getting their thoughts. If you are considering lemon law, but are too concerned with the cost, I would advise you to seek assistance from the better business bureau. I've used them in the past and won a moderated dispute that forced GM to buy back my vehicle. That's just a suggestion if you decide to go that route.

Good luck.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nsomniac
You do all realize that forums inherently attract all the negative stories about car models, right? For every 1 thread on here where someone is having a problem with their X, there are 50 more people who are perfectly satisfied. Just something to think about...
your totally right. However, many of these problems seem like things Mitsubishi should be able to correct without giving customers a hard time. This is Mitsubishi's flagship model that people are forking out at least $30k to have...
Old Dec 31, 2008, 05:26 AM

^^^ While I completely agree with you, why not spend the $500-$650 on a flash. I realize you shouldn’t have to pay extra money to have your car run properly but if you are this upset/worried about it then go get a flash. This will accomplish a lot, not only will the car run much smoother but you will gain approximatly 30-60 WHP and better gas mileage. Lasly, the flash should also solve this whole fuel dillution problem that some people seem to be experienceing.

Seems like a no brainer to me, as you will never gain as much horsepower for such a cheap price.

Just my two cents

~Ryan

Last edited by Spoolin11; Dec 31, 2008 at 05:32 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 05:56 AM

OK so it is a problem cause I am having the exact same issue with my X. I guess im gunna take it in and see what they say.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evolutionrx8
91 octane.

Its not that the car comes on strong and then fades... its accelerates sporatically. It is choppy and it feels like little cuts in power.
It acts as if the ac is on full blast, or not warmed up yet. It does not feel right.
seems like an injector issue
Old Dec 31, 2008, 06:21 AM

Are you seeing any power loss? What exactly is the latest Mitsubishi flash suppose to correct?
Old Dec 31, 2008, 06:25 AM
SiC
Evolved Member

I say try running some race gas or add some fuel additives to raise the octane. If that takes care of the problem, more than likely your car is detonating. If you look at the IGN timing maps on the EvoX you'll know that it is pretty high in most critical areas. The same maps are used for 93 and 91 octane so I wouldn't doubt that it is detonation.

Changing the air filter or intake out will only make the problem worse since those parts will lean out your AFRs. The only thing I could recommend is a good ECU tune and if you don't wanna void the warranty, get a set of colder racing spark plugs.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 06:38 AM

From what I have read the X's are tuned to run rich and don't understand why it would be detonating.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sspaladin28
Wow after seeing multiple threads about issues with X's I am starting to seriously reconsider getting one.
Welcome to every car forum on the Internet.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

This car is all brand new chassis there are bound to be some problems with it. Is there any new car that was produced that there was no problems. They will be sorted out and recalls will be made I am sure of that. It may just take some time for them to happen. They are good looking cars and i think they drive well. I myself would never buy a first year new model because of some problems that would come with it. I may look into getting a new one in 09. The only thing i like was they offered me 18,000 for my car fro a triad and it is paid off that would have been a nice chunk down. Hope this helped some of you guys out for piece of mind.

Fritz