Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Somebody please comfort me!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I have owned several car a 98 maxima 95 maxima 03 wrx and a 06 civic si a 08 evox and I love the x every car has it's flaws like my si it had a rev hang issue that drove me nuts no car is perfect and I think with cars as good as thye are any more they all start one turn etc that the flaws are more glaring and anotuin just enjoy the car I love my x and don not regret buying it yes I will tune it and maybe some issueds will be aleaved but either way it's like a person it will have flaws just like your driving technique.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 09:15 AM

Aww hell your right whitecomet, all cars have there issues, I guess I will just suck it up and be the proud EVO owner we all should be. I think im gunna go to this shop and get a tune/ECU flash and hopefully that corrects the issues im having and be able to enjoy the benfit of more power too.

EVO's are the best thang evaaaaa! 4B11 no ****!
Old Dec 31, 2008, 09:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by evo milk
lemon law that sucker..get another...help?
lemon law, just like he said, my cousin did it with his Sti, he was having problems with the turbo on a brand new one here in Florida, and after 4 times taking the car in for the same problems, he got a attorney and took advantage of the lemon law here in florida, now he has a brand new STI that works like it should, THEY MADE THE LEMON LAW FOR A REASON, use it bro
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Using the Lemon Law doesn't have to cost you a cent. You can simply contact your state DMV and find out what's involved in making a claim under it. Usually it just involves writing a letter with the right verbiage. Aside from that, a lot of car manufacturers participate in the BBB arbitration program. Look in your owner's manual, and in the warranty section it will tell you if they do participate in it, and/or what to do if you're unable to achieve remedy under the warranty. With the BBB program, they send you a form, you fill it out, and send it back in, they then schedule a hearing where you show up, a rep from Mitsu would show up (or dial in on a conference line), and a lawyer arbitrates. If your car is as bad as you state, it would be a slam-dunk.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Has anyone actually logged a few pulls to see exactly whats going on ?. If not, this might help shed some light on what the problem might be.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never had that problem, even before i got the dealer reflash..It did run smoother after the dealer flash but nothing out of this world. Car now runs perfect that its tuned
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:43 PM

So any tune will fix it according to what you guys are saying.

**** Mitsubishi. Buy the car from us, then you have to work with some aftermarket folks to get it to run right. ****ING DUMB. $40,000 dollars of dumb, in fact.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evolutionrx8

**** Mitsubishi. Buy the car from us, then you have to work with some aftermarket folks to get it to run right. ****ING DUMB. $40,000 dollars of dumb, in fact.
Get it tuned. It will fix all those hicups and misfires, trust me
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by MrBonus
Welcome to every car forum on the Internet.

Too right. Nobody posts a thread to say "Gee, my car ran totally rad today!" People only post when they have a problem.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 05:07 PM

Damn my car ran rad today.
Just Kidding.

I am in fact going to do the tune. I am just trying to educate myself on it right now.

Washed my car today after the dealer has had it for over a week. 2" Gash on the rim. Whats funny is that I noticed that my steering wheel was a tiny bit off center when I picked the car up. *******s. Of course they wouldnt say anything.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 05:17 PM

I am very confident that the tune is going to fix the problem. Because that is just what the problem feels like.

I have been kind of stuck in my head on this conflict with the dealer, lending almost zero energy to the solution.

It has to be a tuning issue.

- Each flash has seemed to help it a tiny little bit. Each flash has leaned it out veryslightly

- Different fuel brands affect it differently (Chevron seems to produce the most hiccups)

- It has been much less of an issue since the weather has been cold
Old Dec 31, 2008, 06:45 PM

The title to my post is gay.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Yea I just got a tune and the car pulls smooth as butter all the way to redline. No choppy acceleration and no hiccups. Its a totally different car after it is custom tuned.

To everyone having problems with your X before you give in to all the negatives that are on this forum just look at the gains people are getting from a simple CB, Intake and Tune. Then also after a tune is done the car is much more efficient and more reliable IMO.
The X is proving itself very well dont give in to reading negative posts
Old Dec 31, 2008, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

I would check spark plugs cuz it sounds like your spark is getting blown out. Check and regap. If it doesn't work retune. That is the only way.

Also, majority of people that post on forums is cuz they need help with something like something is wrong and they can't fix it so they need other opinions. That's why most news you hear are bad news. You never hear from people "oh my car is running great, why is it running great?" NEVER
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:07 PM
WAM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evolutionrx8

Tuning as a fix for factory issues has been bothering me. Mitsubishi isn't stupid. I suspect they have a good reason for the fat tune. Is it to ward off detonation, maybe a smog thing, or something else? What bothers me is when we just chuck it, figuring we know more than the factory engineers, I wonder if we're unknowingly taking a risk.