Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Somebody please comfort me!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by Evolutionrx8; Jan 13, 2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
Detonation would not feel like a "blip"as the OP describes it. It feels like the car just shut off then started up again a second or so later when the ECU reacts to it and you can usually hear a ping with it. His description sounds more like a misfire to me. I'm betting his plugs are fouled or the gap is burned out.
which is why I said knock retard, if it is throwing knock counts and pulling back timing it will feel like dips or hesitation. IF it's popping then I would lean towards missfire. Hesitation I would lean towards knock retard.

But, i also had plugs on the list of things to check so I think we agree that it could be plug related missfire.

Last edited by Mad_SB; Jan 13, 2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Main thing is to narrow down the suspects with as little work as possible.

If it is knock retard, upping the octane SHOULD mask the issue assuming it's not real bad like running on 3 injectors.

Last edited by Mad_SB; Jan 14, 2009 at 02:28 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

LET THE LORD BE WITH YOU!

Old Jan 13, 2009, 04:32 PM

LEAVE THE CAR STOCK!!!

I talked to my mom who's a Bar licensed attorney in 3 states, she says:

1. Call the dealer and tell them that you're about to pursue them in court under the your state's lemon law (AKA the New Motor Vehicles Warranty Act), the Uniform Consumer Code, and the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act and that you'll be contacting the State Attorney very soon (sometimes that fixes any 'bureaucratic' issues with the dealership)
2. Go to www.lemonlawamerica.com and read up (especially the tips section)
3. Contact your state attorney
4. Get in touch with your own attorney or hire a mediator if you are interested in settling out of court
5. If none of that works, pursue the lemon law and sue the **** out of them for legal fees

I don't have much time to dive into Utah's lemon laws, but I scanned around and found this -

"R152-20-2. Definitions.

A)
1. For purposes of determining whether a nonconformity has been subject to repair the required number of times, an "attempt" to repair, as used in Section 13-20-4 or 13-20-5, means that the vehicle is or has been presented to the manufacturer or its agent for the same non-conformity."

This means that you may have to bring your car into the dealership a certain number of times, according to Section 13-20-4 or 13-20-5, so read up!

F that STEALERSHIP up!!! Go get 'em!
Old Jan 14, 2009, 08:16 AM

like someone said before..if a tune will fix it..just get a damn tune. i have read countless times on here about people having similar issues.and after a tune theyre fine. Thats what i plan on doing.

Also like someone else said..get the cobb AP. a reflash may void your warranty but at least with the Accessport from Cobb you can switch it back to stock if you need to take it in for warranty work down the road and it won't cost you a dime to do so. The AP goes for a little over one tune anyway.