Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Has anyone else owned an Evo X and sold/traded it already? Any regret?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regrets? A question I've been running from since the day of purchase. After purchasing my X from Medina Mitsubishi and receiving a mass amount of factory rebates (which were all lies not to mention the fake 100k warranty they "quote on quote" gave me was fraudulent) the X and I really started to go down hill since!

My syncro's crunch and pop, the transmission shifts roughly no matter who or how you drive it, cracking interior sounds; cheap, poorly designed passenger side areo kit which has been replaced 4 times and working on another, not to mention the sh*ty service I've received from both Medina and Marhofer = one terrible experience!

After cashing the 1000k rebate check from Medina Mitsubishi and having it bounce a week later I also received notice I was responsible for repayment, I've come to turns it was a HUGE financial mistake!!! Eric Sonney (owner of Medina Mitsubishi) will hopefully pay for what he's done, not just to me but all his customer's, last I heard he owns the IRS 5.7 million just in back taxes! I also blame Mitsubishi for this mishap, their rep Scott is a ***** to deal with as well!

Once this loan is paid in full, I may never buy another Mitsubishi! Sad thing is, this is my third Lancer!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wasn't aware 5-speeds had issues like this. Is it just the X? My 6-speed shifts smooth as silk unless it's ridiculously cold, and we know how bad their reputation is.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Xtremist
Regrets? A question I've been running from since the day of purchase. After purchasing my X from Medina Mitsubishi and receiving a mass amount of factory rebates (which were all lies not to mention the fake 100k warranty they "quote on quote" gave me was fraudulent) the X and I really started to go down hill since!

My syncro's crunch and pop, the transmission shifts roughly no matter who or how you drive it, cracking interior sounds; cheap, poorly designed passenger side areo kit which has been replaced 4 times and working on another, not to mention the sh*ty service I've received from both Medina and Marhofer = one terrible experience!

After cashing the 1000k rebate check from Medina Mitsubishi and having it bounce a week later I also received notice I was responsible for repayment, I've come to turns it was a HUGE financial mistake!!! Eric Sonney (owner of Medina Mitsubishi) will hopefully pay for what he's done, not just to me but all his customer's, last I heard he owns the IRS 5.7 million just in back taxes! I also blame Mitsubishi for this mishap, their rep Scott is a ***** to deal with as well!

Once this loan is paid in full, I may never buy another Mitsubishi! Sad thing is, this is my third Lancer!
Lemon your car and get your money back.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Xtremist

Ouch! I'm very sorry to hear this. It's tragic how just one dealer can engender such ill will on the part of a customer. I don't blame you at all for feeling that way.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

I have no regrets about my X. I think that it's exactly as a taught it will be. I'm not saying it doesn't have some issues but I think they can be fixed and the reward is a great driving car.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:56 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

When I sold my '03 I missed it, but the '05 was better so it wasn't a big deal. When I bought the X I was happy, even though it's slower than the '05 was stock. Then it just went downhill. I've had about enough of this car right now. I thought things would change when I tracked it but the body roll is horrendous (but it did post faster lap times than my VIIIs) and I was hitting fuel starvation with 2/3 tank of fuel. I mean, come on. These cars are supposed to be over-engineered but the X seems like a giant pile of horse poo. I'm almost at a year of ownership and I don't think I've wanted out of a car as much as I do this one (except maybe my 996).

If it was financially viable to dispose of this car then it would be gone and I would have zero regrets.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 08:33 PM

I regretted selling my 8, but the main reason was I purchased a Jeep SRT8 and it was the biggest POS I've ever owned. Got rid of the Jeep got the X after seriously considering a e92 m3 (even made a deposit). At the time I couldn't get the dealer to budge on msrp for the m3, and I could get an evo for just over invoice. I regrett not waiting a little longer, as m3's can now be had for under invoice, which makes it a hell of a lot more attractive. But in the end I am very happy with the X, it seems better in every way compared to the 8 I had (even if ever so slightly in many ways). The transmission issues have been non existent for me, after the car warms up the shifts are butter, infact getting into second during spirited driving is much easier on the x vs my 8.

That being said, there is a 95% chance in the next year or 2 I will get rid of the X and get a zr1, maybe a new cts-v, or even an m3. I don't tend to hang on to cars for longer than 2 years, and I'd really like to try some rwd muscle for my next vehicle. I am sure I will regret getting rid of the X at point, especially if I mod it between now and then.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

My X may be gone tomorrow if i can close a deal on either a Space Gray E92 M3 or a Space Gray M6. We shall see come tomorrow
Old Dec 30, 2008, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

I miss my evo9 so much ... If i had to do it all over again i would have kept the car , but i drive a 450whp boosted k20/k24 in a civic eg , it helps alot with the seperation anxiety and i eat evo's up all day !
Old Dec 30, 2008, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by hova00
My X may be gone tomorrow if i can close a deal on either a Space Gray E92 M3 or a Space Gray M6. We shall see come tomorrow
Nice choice, m6's are so cheap now used, and are such awesome cars. A lot of people don't like the looks, but it is so unique it has really grown on me. I think you will miss the X though. Different type of monster.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 08:54 PM

Woh is offering 0% for 60 months? I went to SouthCoast Mitsu 2 weeks ago and they said not on the MR's. So I walked away. I have been wacthing the mitsu page under offers and the only thing I have seen is 0% for 48 on GSR only. If someone offered 0% for 60 I would be buying my MR tomorrow.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

I had decided to part out my IX and trade it in for a X a few weeks back, but in the last few days I have been wavering for a variety of reasons. This is the secdond thread tonight that has helped me detemrine that I will not in fact be making the transition. Since I already sold almost all of my mods, I will either have to start over or go to the Bimmer dark side...God help me
Old Dec 30, 2008, 09:03 PM

Yep I regret it.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 09:13 PM
Cyp
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blitz
Like any car guy, I often look at other cars and think maybe I should have gotten that instead of an Evo. But I know that if I did, I'd have that feeling in a much bigger way every time I saw an Evo.
I agree! However, I do miss my 350z. The looks are soo smooth and clean on it. Sliding the rear end was lots of fun. The sound of the exhaust made me smile at startup.

The EVO so far is an amazing experience when it comes to the all wheel drive handling. I Dont know yet what it is..even though it weighs soo much, the steering feels so light and the car just goes where you direct it without feeling the weight. I can't explain it. My Z felt heavy when turning the steering wheel. The Evo feels soo light. The things I hate about my evo is that damn rattle from the glove box mechanism, and a few noises here and there. My Z was solid and quiet, No creaks. The SST delay at times bothers me when I feel like punching the gas. The Z just got up and went. I do love the fact that I have four doors and can seat five. At the moment, I have to keep my evo stock because I have no financial room for some wider wheels and KW suspension. I would love to make the already awesome handling EVO even better. Once this car is paid off...I will be in the market for a Lotus Elise to satisfy that two door sport car crave.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 09:44 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by sspaladin28
I had decided to part out my IX and trade it in for a X a few weeks back, but in the last few days I have been wavering for a variety of reasons.
I also had an opportunity to trade my IX for a X. The dealer was eager and his offer was tasty. After driving the car for a while - no way!

Quick Reply: Has anyone else owned an Evo X and sold/traded it already? Any regret?