Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Has anyone else owned an Evo X and sold/traded it already? Any regret?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2009, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noize just keep the 135i and use the wife honda to haul the kid around
Old Jan 2, 2009, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
Not to being harsh with you, but most of the post you made regardless about the subject, you have a negative tone.../as far as i remember/
I remember you from the Rallyarmor mudflaps and couple other threads. So you might need to clear things out. Those problems you have i'm sure they legit, but let me put it this way, I can find easy at least 15 thing i could hate in the 100K car if i want it.

You know nothing is perfect. And as far as i'm considered most of the guys here in this thread, wont matter which car they own, they would crying about them doesn't matter what.
Just they don't want to admit it. Of course there are problems...
Hellooo its a car...

"If You dont have a problem, buy a car" Never heard that impression???

Old Jan 2, 2009, 01:13 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
You need a new dealership. This has NOTHING to do with the car and everything to do with the dealerships. The dealerships here in Dallas wouldn't be giving you this BS. Are you going in there with the same attitude you show on here? (not to be a dick, but the old honey/vinegar thing DEFINITELY applies)
Right, the paint peeling is the dealer's fault. The crappy tune is also the dealer's fault. I see your point. Even though neither are the dealer's fault, the dealer does suck. Nowhere else to take it unless I want to drive for miles.

My seats are pulling apart and I have rattles that I can, for the most part ignore, but I'm embarrassed when others ride with me. Coilovers didn't help. This car definitely lacks the fit and finish of more expensive cars for sure.
It's hard to ignore a rattle when you can hear it over the stereo....

2/3 a tank? I got it under 1/2. You can try a DIY antisurge: http://www.geocities.com/hrayhouston/antisurgetank.html
Yes, I'm going to put some plastic tubing from Home Depot inline with my fuel system....

You didn't *have* to spend the $600. And later you say it isn't working right? Which is it?
If I type slowly it might help you better understand.... My bucking at high RPMs has been fixed. Still stalls on idle. Fixed one problem, didn't fix the other.

This is a known issue and is normal and is "under investigation". I'm not sure what you want the dealership to do for you since almost EVERY X does this? What is the ideal solution for you?
Under investigation or swept under the rug? My ideal solution would be not to release a car with an obviously faulty transmission, or come up with a fix for it. But, it's OK, my stealership says the transmission is fine.

It is normal since the fender flairs stick out. Again, what do you want the dealership to do? You don't HAVE to run mud flaps. You could have clearbra'd that portion of your car.
No point putting clearbra over the huge rock chips, is there....

The stock clutch does suck, but if you're still smelling it at 6k when you aren't launching it then you're not doing it right. At a launch it's gonna stink no matter what because it's the weakest link in the drivetrain. The X is NOT a drag car. If you wanted to go fast in a straight line then you should have gotten a mustang.
Hold on, so when I put my foot down on the accelerator pedal and smell clutch then I'm not doing it right? How does that work? The X isn't a drag car? Really? Thanks for that. Glad you '08 could show me the light.

Um... after a tune you're likely pushing 300AWHP. You'd likely run the 1/4 in 12-12.5 seconds (unless you suck at driving). I'm not sure what you expect? It's just as fast or faster than your other stock Evos. The body roll is horrible in Evo VIII and IX's too, so you're WAY off base there to put that on the X. And if you've got a problem with the idle after your tune then maybe you should talk to your tuner... because at this point it's not on the car/mitsu but you and your tuner.
Thought it wasn't a drag car? I've owned 2 VIIIs and neither body rolled as bad as this. They were both faster stock also. They didn't stall at idle either.

I'm not sure what your expectations are?
A car that I'm not embarrassed to give people a ride in. A car I can take round a corner without it starving for fuel. A car that doesn't shut off randomly at traffic lights. Etc.

You talk VERY poorly about the "stealerships" and you talk about these problems that they won't solve, yet what do you want them to do? Sure they should have reflashed your car without a hassle and they DEFINITELY should be fixing your bumper again, but on the other stuff, what do you want them to do? Just whining about it will not solve any problems.
Fix the problems; what do you think I want them to do?

You say the car is slow and handles poorly, and you obviously are comparing it to a VIII or IX, but with your mods the car should handle better than a VIII or IX (since it does stock for stock) and should be just as fast as a stock 8/9. If it's not then I think you need to look at the pilot...
Yes, of course, I have a $35K car that's a POS and it's all my fault. OK.

ETA: a picture is worth a 1000 words...
Stock X suspension

Stock VIII suspension

Same day, same corner, same photographer.
That's awesome, really. Maybe you can give me some driving lessons?
Old Jan 2, 2009, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry you're having so many problems with your X, UFO. :hs:

I remember your whole saga with your 996 prior and I remember you loving your X at first. I agree the stock suspension is soft by design but it still generates amazing cornering speeds. I hope you find something you like eventually.

For what it's worth, I haven't had any fuel surge problems on the track but that doesn't mean I won't in the future. Maybe your bad luck comes from owning the same car as me. Best of luck with whatever your next car is, man.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by UFO
I really have no clue what you're trying to say. Are you complaining about my complaining? I see you've still got sand in your vagina because I bashed your precious sponsor though.

Yes, cars have problems but I don't expect to pay $35K for a car and have nobody even remotely interested in fixing them for me. The car comes from the factory running like crap and nobody wants to fix that for me.
I'm sure you know what i try to say.
I think you better off to sell a car, or try to find another dealer. Sadly i had to do a same, until i finally find a decent one.
Granted, most of the Mitsu dealers are just plane bad.

About the vagina thing...
If you talk like that, then i wonder who really is the one who have it.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

about the fueling problem on track...
i NEVER run over 1/2 tank of gas. But when you go too low you HAVE to expect the fuel starvation at the high G corners.
So that is why you refuel before the fuel light comes up.

Also there is a reason why racers using fuel cell in the track car.
Every evo has a same problem the X is not unique on this one.
Just as the many problems you complain about.
Also about the Evo VIII vs Evo X stock vs stock i dont even go there...
Old Jan 2, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

I have absolutely zero regrets about buying my X MR.

My previous DD was a 2004 S2000. Needed 4 doors, 4 seats because of my first child being born. I'm a "BMW guy", so I was all set to buy the new E90 M3 sedan. Had everything picked out, was going to put my order in at the dealer. Just for grins, I went to the Subaru dealership to drive the new STI. (I owned a 2003 WRX, so I knew Subarus)

Although I actually like the look and utility of the new 5-door STI, the driving experience was lackluster. Next door to the Subaru dealership was the Mitsubishi dealer. I walked over and was soon driving an X GSR.

Unbelievable. Absolutely loved it. I went to go sit in an MR, and the only complaint that I had about the GSR (the interior) was fixed in the MR.

I went home, thought about it for a while, and started looking for an MR with exactly what I wanted (tech package, no aero kit, Apex Silver). In the meantime, I found a used E90 M3 (at the Audi dealership) that I took an "extended test drive" with (a long weekend). The M3 was nice, luxurious, and fast, but I couldn't help but think that it just wasn't as much fun as the Evo X that I drove.

I then got a call from a dealership with exactly the MR that I wanted, so I made an appointment to drive it. I wanted to make sure that I would like the TC-SST.

A 15 minutes test drive was all it took. I drove the MR home that evening.

Yes, I chose the Evo X MR over the new M3. And I don't regret it for a second.

--michael
Old Jan 2, 2009, 08:48 PM

I traded my x in after owning it for just six months. At times i regret it, but when i remember all the problems I had, i guess it was a smart decision to get rid of it. Maybe the 2010 will be better.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

I traded my IX in for the X. I had 16,000 miles on the IX and now have 8,000 miles on my X. If I could climb into a time machine, I would have kept my IX!! Anyway, I will learn to luv my X GSR. For me the Super All-Wheel Drive is what sold me initially on the X. But the IX can hold it's own.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

When you guys make comments similar to "I regret treading in my [fill in car] for my X," why can't you provide some details as to why!?
Old Jan 3, 2009, 05:41 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
about the fueling problem on track...
i NEVER run over 1/2 tank of gas. But when you go too low you HAVE to expect the fuel starvation at the high G corners.
So that is why you refuel before the fuel light comes up.

Also there is a reason why racers using fuel cell in the track car.
Every evo has a same problem the X is not unique on this one.
Just as the many problems you complain about.
Also about the Evo VIII vs Evo X stock vs stock i dont even go there...
Maybe it's the language barrier, but it hits fuel starvation at 2/3 tank on mine, not when the fuel light comes on. I never mentioned the fuel light coming on. Neither of my 8s ever had fuel starvation issues. Not when stock and not when modified. Racers use fuel cells because they run slicks and have tuned, better, suspension so it's like comparing apples to oranges and a moot point. We're talking about a stock car.

The problems in MY X are much worse than any of the problems in MY 8s. The clutch in MY X is much weaker than any of the 8s I owned. Stock Vs stock MY X is slower than MY '05 VIII was. I have already said that my X was faster round the track than my VIIIs were but I think that's more driver improvement than car. My 996 C4 was also faster than the X round the same track but it wasn't stock either.

Please, don't try and tell me how my car behaves because you have never seen it or even driven it.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 05:48 PM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrBonus
I'm sorry you're having so many problems with your X, UFO. :hs:

I remember your whole saga with your 996 prior and I remember you loving your X at first. I agree the stock suspension is soft by design but it still generates amazing cornering speeds. I hope you find something you like eventually.

For what it's worth, I haven't had any fuel surge problems on the track but that doesn't mean I won't in the future. Maybe your bad luck comes from owning the same car as me. Best of luck with whatever your next car is, man.
Yeah, my car was fine until you bought one . Seriously, this thing falls apart more the more I drive it. My VIIIs weren't problem free but I could live with the 'issues.' I seriously hate having passengers in this car because they have this :ugh: look on their face the whole time.

With regards to the 996: live and learn. A Porsche with about an inch of ground clearance on rock hard coilovers probably isn;t the best idea in the world. At least the X's engine hasn't let loose on me. Yet.

The fuel starvation issue seems to be limited to left hand corners, with long sweeping left handers being the worst. Luckily, my local track has such a corner. This video was taken during my 2nd session of the day with at least 2/3 of a tank: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-MWeUf0ubw

Plus, I'm just in a bad mood
Old Jan 4, 2009, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

sorry for a miss understanding. I said probably a same.
I never run my car over a half a tank of gas on track. Meaning under the half level. And i pit before the yellow lights even come up. SO i kinda running a car on track between, 1/2 and 1/4 of gas a tank. I never got a sign for starvation.
I run half slicks and KW V3 . But i do not use my car for AutoX. Granted there are most common the sudden high G's direction changes. SO if you do that , you might will get it. But there all the car should.
Since the evo have a very good fuel pump system and fueltank compere many other cars, which used on autoX. So you kinda expectit , it will happen.
That is not a design problem. That is an issue, you need to look at it, when you race.

No hard feelings.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am wondering why in several of the articles I have read on the X, I have yet to see anything about the tranny issues some of you all are describing... not to say you all are lying or whatever... i'm just surprised it hasn't come up.. in fact, many of them note that the tranny seems stronger than in the previous generations. Either way, i'm sure some aftermarket company right now is working on some way of making the car shift more smoothly. Many people have said their IX's weren't the smoothest shifting cars either, but many of them have put the bushing kits and such in them and that has helped.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

bushing is just make the shifting,/ interior not the under hood/ more precised from the human side...
Doesn't change anything,in the tranny or the clutch.
Although i like them, since makes the shifting more clicker , Because no rubber bushing to absorbs the movement .

Quick Reply: Has anyone else owned an Evo X and sold/traded it already? Any regret?