Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Anybody buy an EVO before the new year??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2009, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody buy an EVO before the new year??

I was considering going to the local dealership to see how low they would go on a new MR considering it's the end of the year. I guess if there is no 2009 model then dealerships might not be as desperate to clear 08 stock. Just wondering if anybody got a deal right at the end??
Old Jan 1, 2009, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Right now I would wait about a week. The dealerships are not going to be getting very many sales right now, you will def be in the drivers seat on getting a good deal. My dad sold cars for a few years and he said jan and feb are terrible times to be in the industry as everyone changes from spending to saving their money.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by smoothlude
I was considering going to the local dealership to see how low they would go on a new MR considering it's the end of the year. I guess if there is no 2009 model then dealerships might not be as desperate to clear 08 stock. Just wondering if anybody got a deal right at the end??
I was at one my local Mitsu stealerships here in Northern Virginia just yesterday, and they are still not discounting them a whole lot... They have 3 MRs inside their showroom... the lowest "discount price" for them is around 2k under MSRP. I asked about the 09s, and all they would say is that if the 09s do arrive, it wont be til May of 09. I got the impression that they were not too desperate to move the 08 stock. If it is true that Mitsu is not bringing any 09s to the US, then I wouldn't hold my breath on any heavy discount for the 08s.... no wonder Subaru is selling STis like crazy with their 0% and 30k for base model ones.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 03:32 PM

Subaru in Canada is still at 4.9% for their financing of STi's (3-5 yr terms) where as Mitsu in Canada has 0% for 3 years, 2.8% for 4 years and 3.8% for 5 year terms. They were giving 3 months grace and $1000 gift cards for BEST BUY in December if you bought a car from them.

I think MSRP for an Evo MR was $47,498 but when you add the freight/PDI/AC tax/Tire tax/Doc fees (tee hee) it brings it somewhere in the range of $48,900. I don't believe MSRP includes sales tax so that number would vary from province to province here in Canada.

So if you bought an Evo MR, I'd expect that you'd pay right around the base MSRP. Its a breath of fresh air considering they were over-pricing the cars 5-10K above MSRP at this time last year.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 05:22 PM

I bought an Evo X less then a week ago. Traded a car, dont ask, and worked out a deal. The main reason was the 0% financing, which ends in a few days. If you asked me, the time is definitely now to buy an Evo with the 0% going on. I have been told by many people, including the head of TriStateEvo who works for Mitsubishi, that the US will not receive any 09 Evo Xs. It's your call, but I would definitely not wait if your seriously considering getting one.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hopefully dealerships don't gain a bargaining advantage because the Evo won't be available next year after the 08 stock sells. I'm still a few months away from having nearly over half of the car paid upfront and I'm not jumping the gun.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 11:38 PM

I just got one X GSR SSS, the price is really firm 'cause they know there will be no 09 model.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

I bought mine on dec 20th they gave me the car for 500.00 over cost , and i used the 0% for 5 years, it really depends on the dealer you goto, they had 14 evos on their lot.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 07:49 AM

I called like 2 months a go just asking for the MR , sells man got my frikin number and guys call me every week giving my diferent deals LOL . im going to offer 29000-30000 for a GSR . but i just discover the new BMW 135I so im confused now....
Old Jan 2, 2009, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by svt1.8t
I bought mine on dec 20th they gave me the car for 500.00 over cost , and i used the 0% for 5 years, it really depends on the dealer you goto, they had 14 evos on their lot.
I can get a X with that price besides WW, the dealer told me most people wants WW X, so they can't give me a good price on WW X, there were 3 other buyers want the WW X, and the dealer have the only 1 WW X around these area...
Old Jan 2, 2009, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

I live near Pittsburgh, PA. The dealers near me cant keep em on the lot, no matter what the color. I see they get a truckload in and they are gone in a week, literally.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

I just bought mine on the 31st and got under invoice for it. Being end of year AND end of month for the dealership, they were more than willing to work down on the cost.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 10:57 AM

So what are the numbers that they are giving you guys for "cost"? From what I have heard, MSRP is usually 10-15% above cost...that might just be in Canada? As well, are these prices you guys paid with taxes in or are they extra?
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

I doubt they get an advantage from no 2009 coming to North America. They'll probably be happy to sell what they have for what they can. When I bought my X last Feb they stil had an IX MR on the lot. I tried to test drive it, but the battery was dead from being on the lot so long without starting. It was still brand new with 55 miles on it or so they said.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DivineRight
So what are the numbers that they are giving you guys for "cost"? From what I have heard, MSRP is usually 10-15% above cost...that might just be in Canada? As well, are these prices you guys paid with taxes in or are they extra?

Mine was about 32 even base and then after the SSS package and Aero kit I was sittin around 35.

Quick Reply: Anybody buy an EVO before the new year??