Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Just out of curiosity

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:16 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts
Just out of curiosity

I can be 100% honest when I say that as an X owner, I have never even clicked in the previous generation sections to read all their posts and respond about how I feel the X is superior in many ways to their cars. It isn't even an idea I would consider, not only because it's completely subjective based on what you value in your car, but because it's not a forum section for my car, and no one wants to hear about the X over there.

On to my question - why are there so many VIII and IX owners who have no interest in ever buying an X that post in the X section of EvoM on a regular basis? Please don't jump in and start flaming either side of the issue, I am seriously trying to understand and would appreciate honest answers and a thread that stays above all the petty VIII/IX vs X crap. If you want to voice your opinions on that, take it to the other thread.

I guess I've just never seen this kind of in-fighting within a car culture and hope to get a better understanding of what drives it.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think it's just this particular car culture... there has always been these little battles with every type of car as newer ones came out either because of jealousy, people not liking having more moden stuff in the car because it " should " be this way or that way to them. I'm sure if you went on mustang forums or any other type of car you would see this sort of thing.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nsomniac
I can be 100% honest when I say that as an X owner, I have never even clicked in the previous generation sections to read all their posts and respond about how I feel the X is superior in many ways to their cars. It isn't even an idea I would consider, not only because it's completely subjective based on what you value in your car, but because it's not a forum section for my car, and no one wants to hear about the X over there.

On to my question - why are there so many VIII and IX owners who have no interest in ever buying an X that post in the X section of EvoM on a regular basis? Please don't jump in and start flaming either side of the issue, I am seriously trying to understand and would appreciate honest answers and a thread that stays above all the petty VIII/IX vs X crap. If you want to voice your opinions on that, take it to the other thread.

I guess I've just never seen this kind of in-fighting within a car culture and hope to get a better understanding of what drives it.
Could be that they feel threatened by the X, and this is their way of dealing with it. It's kinda like the school bully; they make fun of other people and belittle them because deep down, they have low self esteem and that's their sad little way of dealing with it. Or, it could be that some people just have an incessant need to force their viewpoints on others who aren't interested, like religious fanatics that try to forcefully convert people. Who knows, but I feel the same way you do and have said the same thing many times before.
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

evo are evos! 8, 9, 10 is all in the family. that's the way i look at it. lol
Old Jan 2, 2009, 11:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
^ good way to look at it .
Old Jan 3, 2009, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STi2EvoX
Could be that they feel threatened by the X, and this is their way of dealing with it. It's kinda like the school bully; they make fun of other people and belittle them because deep down, they have low self esteem and that's their sad little way of dealing with it. Or, it could be that some people just have an incessant need to force their viewpoints on others who aren't interested, like religious fanatics that try to forcefully convert people. Who knows, but I feel the same way you do and have said the same thing many times before.
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

It is probably because they are just reading what ever the latest posts are, thats what I do most of the time. I also would never buy a X but I still read about the problems, victorys and quirks they have, when I do respond in them I never bash them. There are things that I really don't like about the X, but I will save that for when I am asked to express my opinion instead of preaching it.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:21 AM
Evolving Member

i think a lot of guys are trying to protect the "raw" image of the VIII and IX that they felt was spoiled with the X. Being the mature adults that we all are, the only way to go about doing that is to go and flame the guys who own them. gotta understand there are *******s in the world and some of them own evos.

i personally dont plan on owning a X, only because I just bought my IX and love the hell out of it. And I do come into the X forum and post occasionally, but never to intentionally flame a X owner on how my IX is "so much more this" or "better that", just because in all honesty I love these cars, and enjoy talking about them, regardless of which generation they are.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:51 AM
Account Disabled

You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut the hell up. Now you will go to sleep or I will put you to sleep.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Kdash106
I agree, that is how it is.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 02:57 AM
Account Disabled

I know what you mean dude and I totally feel the same way. I mean like totally. That is how I look at it dude. I mean like totally man. Peace bro.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Kdash106
the best way to look at it.
Fact is, those who running by magazine numbers usually have no real world experience, so why they actually have so strong opinion about a car they dont even drove it at least a week .

Anyway, all evo are equal in my eye. ONLY difference is between them, what the owner did. /hook ups/ And how much money was spend on the car.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

lol this is a funny thread...
Old Jan 3, 2009, 06:27 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Its insecurity and/or hate plain and simple. Let's not make more cannon fodder, please.