Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X ownership dreams are over...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:18 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Is it not possible to get a co-signer? I still say get a nice VIII or IX . If I had to choose between a used IX and a new X with a 7-10k difference. I'd probably go IX. Just so much you can do with them, they are proven for longevity, fun to drive, and sexy to boot. Hope you get an Evo either way.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by accrane
I have been at the same job for nearly 6 years. I told the salesman within the first five minutes that if I didnt get the 0% financing, or they didnt give me a decent value for the trade in that I would walk away. I believe that it really came down to Mitsubishi themselves and not the dealer.

edit: R.C. Hill in Deland. Here is a link for the car...

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ce=&cardist=25

Getting a co-signer is not really an option. I could do it but Im trying to be financially independent. As far as the reason for denial: Not enough credit history and I have a 50% balance on a $7500 limit credit card. This will be paid off this month but its to late since 0% is over.

wow, lol I was just there the other day, I asked them about that car and I was never told it was a demo model...but anyways sorry for the bad news, wish you best of luck for your future car
Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Is it not possible to get a co-signer? I still say get a nice VIII or IX . If I had to choose between a used IX and a new X with a 7-10k difference. I'd probably go IX. Just so much you can do with them, they are proven for longevity, fun to drive, and sexy to boot. Hope you get an Evo either way.
One of my best friends owned an IX for a year or so. Drove it alot, love it. However I was really impressed by the creature comforts of the X since it will be a daily driver.
Old Jan 3, 2009, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by accrane
One of my best friends owned an IX for a year or so. Drove it alot, love it. However I was really impressed by the creature comforts of the X since it will be a daily driver.
Totally agree.
I am impressed with my X's interior, and the creature comforts to. IMO, it was just as good as my previous M3's, and better than my 911's..

WM
Old Jan 4, 2009, 01:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn I couldn't imagine waiting another year. Do the 2010's come out this fall or next year?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
and hypothetically speaking, if you put down half of the total price then do you think you would have been approved? That's like financing a $18,000 car.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 01:45 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would try Fountain Mitsu in Orlando. Ask for Brian Garrett. See what they can do for you. If you are more flexible on your financing you'll work it out. I believe they may have moved 0% tier to 780+ fico.

There is also a used 2008 available near our dyno facility in Orlando. If you would like some more info on it, send us a pm.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 02:13 AM
Evolved Member

damn 740 and rejected f*** that, i had 695 and just bought a house the 31st of december and im only 22 yrs old....go somewhere else, and be upfront about ur excellent credit... if not its their loss, economy is bad, so they're losing out on a low risk customer.... good
Old Jan 4, 2009, 03:49 AM

I would need a second opinion and try somewhere else. Is the 0% financing endeded for sure yesterday? What were the changes for January '09?
Old Jan 4, 2009, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

I spoke to Sam at Southcoast Mitsubishi yesterday. He told me that 0% ends Monday and that the Evo X's are going to increase in price by $1000. Apparently (according to him), the fact that there aren't going to be any 2009 models is prompting to treat their remaining inventory with respect. Somehow, they are confident that they are going to be able to "get MSRP" for their 2008 models in the near future since the units they have left are going to have to last a year. I don't think that this is sound reasoning of course, but I didn't tell him that. The economy is going to get much worse in 2009. Anyway, I went ahead and bought a RR X with SSS last night at Fresno Mitsubishi for $31,999 + TTL at 0% for 60 months. Nobody there had heard of any corporate decision to raise prices on remaining 08 models OR to to end the 0%. Then again, Fresno is not a high volume Evo dealer and they may be out of the loop. They now have 2 MR's and one RR X left and are just trying to clear them out.

On another note, I have been hearing horror stories lately about really well-qualified buyers with extremely solid incomes and FICO scores getting denied auto loans. Banks are mysterious entities and are especially unpredictable nowadays. My credit score is 756 but I have a good income and 8 years at the same job. Who knows? Even that might not have been a slam dunk. I won't know how close I came. Anyway, good luck and keep trying.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

sad to hear man. simlilar situation with my wifes car. we both went into a loan together on her car and we were going to get her refinanced after 6 months, no banks will refinance her laon. it's sad. she doesn't have bad credit and we are in a very stable situation. we just want to refinance to get the damn thing out of my name.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 02:24 PM

I am interested to see what people in Canada have been paying for their MR's
Old Jan 4, 2009, 02:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Kuba23
And another thing my YOUNGER 24 year old brother with 4 credit cards under his belt and 750 score just financed a 70 grand M3 with nooooo problems 0.9 financing
Financing 70K, smart idea.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly, it was a blessing you didn't get approved. How would you treat a sports car that you don't give two ****s about and know that someone will buy it. And the price isn't that great from what I have been reading.
Old Jan 4, 2009, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

I have had the same job for 8 years and have a credit score of 751 and Mitsubishi would only give me a loan for $36k. Which wasn't enough to cover a MR so I had to go threw my bank.

Quick Reply: Evo X ownership dreams are over...