Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

No 2009 Evo X for the USA. Confirmed by multiple sources within Mitsubishi.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2009, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does Mitsubishi even get any sales off of it's other cars?

I don't ever see any new Mitsubishi's. Maybe a few 07 Eclipses here and there, but I don't see any Galants or their SUV and beyond that I don't even know what other cars they offer.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So the Lancer Sportback will be coming to North America in GTS and Ralliart trims. It's possible that only Canada may get 09 EVO X's as we don't have an abundance sitting on lots like it sounds like in the US.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 09:31 AM
GNR
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the only difference for 2009 is rear ralliart lights, upgraded cupholder cover, console below the HVAC controls, any prices for the console parts? You can purchase tose parts for your 2008 and called 2009. You will be saving alot with the discount for 2008`s.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

The AWC button has been moved to the dash or console also. I believe audio controls will be on the steering wheel.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

ehhhh we have 09's here in PR already
:-/
i dunno wuts the fuss about it

main difference outside are the taillamps (wich are black like the ralliart)
other than that.. is the same
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by accrane
The AWC button has been moved to the dash or console also. I believe audio controls will be on the steering wheel.
My 08 GSR w/ AWC button on the console and audio controls at the steering
Old Jan 17, 2009, 11:34 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I also noticed the official indication that there is going to be a sportback gts and sportback ralliart
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks sblvro for the update! Looks like any big cosmetic change will be in 20X
Old Jan 17, 2009, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fishstix
Does Mitsubishi even get any sales off of it's other cars?

I don't ever see any new Mitsubishi's. Maybe a few 07 Eclipses here and there, but I don't see any Galants or their SUV and beyond that I don't even know what other cars they offer.
I've seen a ton of new regular lancers.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
After hearing all the threads about having no 2009, guess what? The mitsubishi website updated their VIN list just this January 2009 from the previous October,2008 vin list for their 2009 models. There is going to be 2009 EVO X's

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/media/...pdf/09VINs.pdf
Just because there are allocated Vehicle Identification Numbers for a particular model does not guarantee that it will be imported or produced.

All this proves is that mitsubishi hasn't completely closed the idea of a 2009 USDM X, but nothing more than that.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 01:39 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Alexander
Just because there are allocated Vehicle Identification Numbers for a particular model does not guarantee that it will be imported or produced.

All this proves is that mitsubishi hasn't completely closed the idea of a 2009 USDM X, but nothing more than that.
If you will recall, since '03 all the updates to the evo can be followed by this VIN listing. When the VIN said there will be no 2007 evo, it did not show any 07 evo on the list. When the 2008 evo 8 came out, where did it appear first almost 1 year before, here in this VIN listing. They have not totally discontinued the slow selling raider since its initial production and it is still there. Before any breaking news comes out of the media, where do evom get the story? here in this VIN list It is the details, like accessory, standard equipment, etc that is open to debate.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sblvro
If you read the pdf file it says MMNA which means Mitsubishi Motors of North America which has been the VIN numbers of mitsucars produced for the US. FYI, it is not a VIN for worldwide consumption, some countries actually do not even have the US style VIN configuration. It was just changed from the October 2008 to the January 2009 VIN listing yesterday(if you are following it).

Yup, I've been a member since 2001 and know how mitsu does their business. When mitsu decided not to bring a 2007 evo in the US, even if there were 2007 evo's all over the world they showed it here in this VIN. When they discontinued the montero for US consumption, it did not show in their VIN listing even if they were still producing montero's all over the world.

I forgive your ignorance

Hahaha, Owned.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by accrane
i think it gives hope but I wouldnt be sure until Mitsubishi says so....
Who the heck said they WERE NOT coming???

Why do people here a rumor that '09 are not coming. And now won't believe proof that they ARE COMING TO THE US!!! Mitsubishi NEVER SAID they weren't!!!

I've been saying it all along....'09 will be here.....in '09!!! It is always a delayed release for the Evo, especially after a new model is introduced the year before.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

I just dont get it. Mitsubishi had 09 Lancers on US soil early spring of last year. So why the hell is evo X a full year later? Should we expect the 2010 Lancer GTS in a couple months?
Old Jan 17, 2009, 03:43 PM

Not coming

I just bought a 2009 Outlander XLS this week and spent 30K for a loaded model with Nav & upgraded rear DVD and a bunch of other toys. My dealer is Healey Bros. and they are a pretty big outfit.

I asked my salesperson about this no 09 thing and she had no idea. She went to the Manager and he brought me in his office. He said a few weeks ago they had a meeting with the Mitsu people and were told there were no plans for an 09 as a refresh was planned for 2010, though it would probably be released early.

This is what he was told by Mitsubishi and I know the guy. He knows I want an Evo and has nothing to gain by making me wait. Mitsubishi could certainly change their minds 10 times, but those are the facts.

Does this mean no 09's? We'll know soon enough. I know I won't buy until I hear more news and I can get a nicer deal on the 08, or be convinced to buy an 09 or wait the the 2010!

The Outlander is a awesome crossover SUV and has some nice advantages over the CRV and Rav4 BTW.

Rob

Quick Reply: No 2009 Evo X for the USA. Confirmed by multiple sources within Mitsubishi.