Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X Seat Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo X Seat Suggestions

Okay so we got a evo x MR at the end of the year and its primarily for my gf bcs she doesnt know how to drive a manual. we love the recaro seats.... the only problem is that she is 4'11" and the seat curve is either a bit too agressive or too long. The seats will deff have to go because it hurts her back if she drives for prolonged periods of time.

I fit just fine but its mainly her car so we have come down to the conclusion that we will have to get aftermarket seats for it. does anyone know of a good set that isnt so curvy and works for smaller individuals... we also dont like the side bolsters... it makes you feel like your in a baby seat....I had a set of bride racing bucket seats in my 240 that had those and it suckkked getting in and out of the car and thats what we dont like.

so anything like bride or recaro will work.... also is there any company that has the seat rails or will we have to weld.....
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

I think the recaros in the x have integrated airbags. So if you change seat, you will be removing a safety feature, not sure if it matters to you.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:10 PM
Evolving Member

people seem to like runnung the brides, they do have rails so no welding..... but you will have a SRS light due to removing airbags.

you have options.... and people will want to buy your stock recaros! you can get 1500 outta them that should offset the cost of the brides and rails.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:13 PM

Oh is there any way to bypass the srs light or get it to turn off... like a cobb access port. i know it will turn off unnecessary engine codes....

What Style Bride Seats?

Last edited by ruben7520; Jan 29, 2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ruben7520
Okay so we got a evo x MR at the end of the year and its primarily for my gf bcs she doesnt know how to drive a manual. we love the recaro seats.... the only problem is that she is 4'11" and the seat curve is either a bit too agressive or too long. The seats will deff have to go because it hurts her back if she drives for prolonged periods of time.

I fit just fine but its mainly her car so we have come down to the conclusion that we will have to get aftermarket seats for it. does anyone know of a good set that isnt so curvy and works for smaller individuals... we also dont like the side bolsters... it makes you feel like your in a baby seat....I had a set of bride racing bucket seats in my 240 that had those and it suckkked getting in and out of the car and thats what we dont like.

so anything like bride or recaro will work.... also is there any company that has the seat rails or will we have to weld.....
what a great excuse/reason to buy some nice aftermarkets.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

my wife is 5'3" and i had to raise the seat height on the driver and passenger seats by 2 inches before she could see safely

you just need 2 m11 fine thread bolts and 12 washers and 2 lock washers.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ruben7520
Oh is there any way to bypass the srs light or get it to turn off... like a cobb access port. i know it will turn off unnecessary engine codes....

What Style Bride Seats?
The Bride Vorga seem to have a lower side bolster.

Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Capone X
my wife is 5'3" and i had to raise the seat height on the driver and passenger seats by 2 inches before she could see safely

you just need 2 m11 fine thread bolts and 12 washers and 2 lock washers.
Yeah but the problem isnt the height but her upper body is shorter so the to head rest looks like it leans foward an forcefully causes her to hunch.... the lower part of the seat also sticks too far in and hurts her back...
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:30 PM
Account Disabled

The Vorga and XAX II have the best bolsters in terms of comfort, while still providing good torso support. If you want more comfort, the XAX II is a good choice. Also check out the Euro II, and the Digo as the latter are not that bad at all in terms of bolster height. You can view them in this thread with more detailed information, or if youd like some guidance shoot us a pm with height, weight, and waist size and we can more accurately provide some options that will work best for your needs
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:52 PM

does any one have pictures of the bride vorga's in theyre car or at least different seat angles
Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

There is no way to by pass the SRS light right now. There is a chance, removing the front seats will disable the air bag system completely. But that remains unknown since noone really knows what to do about it or how to go about it yet.

I read somewhere that Bride was coming out with a solution to the SRS light but I don't think that's going to be happening anytime soon.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:03 PM
Evolving Member

Before you go buying new seats you could try getting the lumbar support pads Bride makes and just stick them on the stock seat. They will provide more lower back support and should help with the pain. Since she'll be sitting slightly farther away from the back of the seat it could help with the bottom cushion being to long and the top forcing her to hunch over.

If it doesn't work and you end up buying Bride seats anyway, then you'll already have the lumbar pads for them.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

trade your recaro seats w/ an 09 ralliart owner (who does not have recaro seats). They are height adjustable and still come with airbags.

6-way adjustable sport bucket driver’s seat from the ralliart.

Last edited by funks; Jan 29, 2009 at 08:56 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 02:29 PM

I had the same issue when driving my X. i was getting bad back pains and not enjoying driving. I took a towel and folded it so it was packed in good at the bottom of the seat.

It raised me up probably about 2 inches and it feels GREAT now. I am gettin no back pains whatsoever. Raising her body up a couple of inches gets her lower back away from the lower part of the seat that curves into your back.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by funks
trade your recaro seats w/ an 09 ralliart owner (who does not have recaro seats). They are height adjustable and still come with airbags.

6-way adjustable sport bucket driver’s seat from the ralliart.

+1

They'll be plug and play, you'll still have a fully-functioning SRS system, and someone will probably give you their RA or GTS seats + $$$ for your Recaros.

Quick Reply: Evo X Seat Suggestions