Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

New $2,000 rebate 2/20/09

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2009 | 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Just like that link to Sam the sales manager's post, there's a dealer in the Chicago area (Max Madsen) who told me about it as well.

"Mitsubishi just published a 2,000 customer rebate. That might be a reason for you to buy. Also, the new ones won't come out until August and will carry a premium."

I'm looking to get an Evo X, but I don't know if they're good enough of a deal to buy a 2008 vice 2010. With all this talk about the X's sitting on lots for months and months on end and the 2010 right around the corner (this dealer saying August), I'm sure not seeing the "fire-sale."

Also, GoodCaptain and pltek, where are you getting your information? Why would you post your opinion as if it mattered in a factual thread? This is looking too much like the "there IS a 2009 EvoX for the US market!" If you don't have credible information (like receiving information from someone who works at a dealership, if you can call that credible), please keep your opinions out.
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 04:56 AM

There is no 2000 rebate for the Evo X. It's not published anywhere and my two dealers say NO.

There is NO 2009 Evo X for the USA at this time. Again, every dealer says this is the case and it has been noted on various Car new sites.

Please stop the insanity unless there is a link to a REAL rebate from the manufacturer. Dealers may have their own offers of 2K off of MSRP and so forth.

Since current deals for a loaded GSR are 35.5K, a REAL rebate would mean you could buy one for 33.5K.

R.
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aftershock141
0% financing is a better deal. You save more throughout the life of the loan.
+1, you'll save much much more than $2K by not having to pay interest, but I'm sure you'd have to have ungodly great credit to get 0%
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by bigben
+1, you'll save much much more than $2K by not having to pay interest, but I'm sure you'd have to have ungodly great credit to get 0%

It's academic.

There is no 2K rebate from Mitsubishi so far.

R.
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GoodCaptain
Please stop the insanity unless there is a link to a REAL rebate from the manufacturer. Dealers may have their own offers of 2K off of MSRP and so forth.
Yeah, cause we all know that nothing happens without being posted to the internet first.
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 07:34 AM
Account Disabled

do u the 0% everyone is right
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by aftershock141
0% financing is a better deal. You save more throughout the life of the loan.
that would depend on the length of loan and amount of the loan , but for the most part - zero percent financing is the way to go
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

There is NO 2009 Evo X for the USA at this time. Again, every dealer says this is the case and it has been noted on various Car new sites.
Correct. That has been established.
There is no 2000 rebate for the Evo X. It's not published anywhere and my two dealers say NO.
Incorrect, that has not been established.

Also, for somebody buying the car out-right who does not need a loan, $2k off is a better deal. Same can be said about somebody who has a trade-in worth more than the value of a brand new Evo X.

In summary, to some, the $2k off is a better deal. Also, there was nowhere online specifically saying there was no 2009 EvoX when people first started saying that... but guess what? A month later it's confirmed. I do believe you will see the $2k rebate published sometime around when the current deals expire, which is March 2nd for a majority of them.
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 09:53 AM
FLK
Evolved Member

The 2K rebate is real. Elite diamond dealers always get the news first.

Same garbage happened with 2009 models, where those dealers claimed no US 2009 months in advance and people resisted until the bitter end.
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 11:28 AM
EvoM Administrator

I agree with the post above mine.
Sam at South Coast is credible and has been the most reliable person I know on here. I believe it.

If you can't get it at your dealer, call South Coast.
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

not if you want to pay cash for the car, then up front cash is more attractive,

Originally Posted by bigben

Last edited by pltek; Feb 22, 2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

well, it doesnt, unless you want to nit pick the fact that mitsubishi is about a week behind in posting their rebates each month.

what you might be seeing is dealers simply talking about dealer cash which is how places such as SouthCoast sell these cars below invoice, or perhaps another dealer incentive mitsu threw out there for dealers reaching certain volume.

i have never seen mitsu corporate introduce any type of rebate halfway through the month.

if anything, they will roll it out next month on 3/3.

Originally Posted by AutoXer
Yeah, cause we all know that nothing happens without being posted to the internet first.

Last edited by pltek; Feb 22, 2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2009 | 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

pltek did you read any of this thread? You just repeated everything I said except used 2 posts to do it.
Originally Posted by Frankiago
I do believe you will see the $2k rebate published sometime around when the current deals expire, which is March 2nd for a majority of them.
Originally Posted by pltek
if anything, they will roll it out next month on 3/3.
Also, for somebody buying the car out-right who does not need a loan, $2k off is a better deal. Same can be said about somebody who has a trade-in worth more than the value of a brand new Evo X.
Originally Posted by pltek
not if you want to pay cash for the car, then up front cash is more attractive,
There IS a $2,000 cash rebate, which cannot be incorporated with Mitsubishi 0.0% APR financing. It's one or the other, and we're all well aware that if you don't plan on buying it out-right or put a huge down payment, 0.0% APR is a better deal in the long run.

The only thing different about the deals you can get is the fact that the ridiculous prices here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/an...ebs-deals.html are $2,000 off dealer invoice... brand new 2008 Evo X for $26,399

Edit: actually, base model GSR invoice is $31,787.82 and for SSS $33,537.82 as of Jan 6th, 2009.

Last edited by Frankiago; Feb 22, 2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2009 | 09:43 AM

This is my first post. I am at Fox Mitsubishi here in Md and there is NO $2000 rebate. I Called the guy in CA (south coast) and he was not all that helpfull once i told him i was in Md I dont no if it is a game to get us in to his place of bus but as far as a rebate there is NONE! BTW i am about to get a GG with the SSS with NAVI I will tell u guys what i paid as soon as I drive of do not want to get to HAPPY but i am just a lil i am sitting in here with my game face. I Am traiding a 2003 C32 AMG that I loved and was problem FREE! B 4 that I had a 2002 wrx with all the mods from FMIC to stand alone ecu. I can not wait to get into this one. This thing feels so light. Well i will post after i get this bad boy.
Old Feb 23, 2009 | 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

hey buddy lay off, cant you get that i am ignoring you?

ok having said that Mr. FactNOT, prove to me right now that there is a 2000USD customer cash rebate, other than the post you point us to sort of assumes that there is something going on with prices below invoice. Show me the Mitsubishi corporate verbieage NOW

thanks

http://mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/s...s.do?loc=en-us

also, DID YOU READ MY POST# 27 about how dealers can potentially reach a crazy prices like you just posted without there being a 2000USD cash rebate???? (which could include a trade-in allowance)

Either way, until there is official release from Mitsu, there ISNT an 2000USD cash rebate. PERIOD

pltek did you read any of this thread? You just repeated everything I said except used 2 posts to do it.

There IS a $2,000 cash rebate, which cannot be incorporated with Mitsubishi 0.0% APR financing. It's one or the other, and we're all well aware that if you don't plan on buying it out-right or put a huge down payment, 0.0% APR is a better deal in the long run.

The only thing different about the deals you can get is the fact that the ridiculous prices here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/an...ebs-deals.html are $2,000 off dealer invoice... brand new 2008 Evo X for $26,399

Edit: actually, base model GSR invoice is $31,787.82 and for SSS $33,537.82 as of Jan 6th, 2009.
EDIT: 2/25 i went on Mitsus website and i DO see a 2000USD rebate. I am a believe NOW

Last edited by pltek; Feb 25, 2009 at 10:20 AM.

Quick Reply: New $2,000 rebate 2/20/09