Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Passenger Aero Package, I need your help!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2009 | 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Passenger Aero Package, I need your help!

Ok, guys! I've had 4 side skirts replaced on my Evo X! !!! I can swear to you the skirt falls off with no pressure applied, literally I've been laid off and the car hasn't left my garage! After the fourth time they had Mitsubishi send a tsb/adhesive kit which worked great for close to a month and now it's back to the same! Here's pictures of the aftermath!

P.S. Could you guys please submit any response's/pictures if you too are having any issues? This will greatly increase our chances of having this issue resolved!

http://www.geocities.com/wellrandry/IMG_0155.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/wellrandry/IMG_0157.JPG

http://www.geocities.com/wellrandry/IMG_0158.JPG

Last edited by Xtremist; Feb 27, 2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

holy mega picture batman! (resize it please).

My non-aero is not exactly the flushest fit (doesn't help that I curbed it though).

It looks like the place where the clip goes is jacked up (and taped ). I bet that a bit of jbweld and redrilling it would be a cheap way of "correcting" it.
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

^^ LOL +1 resize
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

If I hadn't posted this via my iphone I would have resized it, sorry for the image size, wasn't much I could do!
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Starting to happen on mine.... I also know DCSandman has had the same issues to the point that he has given up on them ever fixing the problem. He decided to just get some aftermarket ones.
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

I have the aero package as well and Mine has done the same thing just not as bad, and it is more up front than the rear
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Mitsubishi and the dealership are on this kick that "no one else is experiencing their Evo's having this issue"! Which is a total joke, they haven't pushed an Evo X off their lot since their early 2008 arrival! Their not selling any Evo's to have them come back, not to mention all Evo's aren't equipped with the aero package! I have pictures of their showroom RR X GSR with the rocker panel falling off and they still want to deny my claim! I'm tired of their bull sh*t quite frankly! All I want is my rocker fixed and if nothing else breaks, they'll never hear another word from me! I guess that's why Mitsubishi released a TSB for this issue, since I'm the only one dealing with this reoccurring issue? Or better yet, maybe that's why the US isn't receiving any 09's because their selling Evo's like hot cakes and customer like me, mean nothing to them?

P.S. I guess three lancers and convincing three others to buy both Galants and Endeavors means nothing to Mitsubishi? How's that for customer loyalty!!!
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

did you try pusing that clip back in? my passenger side has had a small gap since day 1, but it hasn't gotten bigger.
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 02:21 PM

wow this is concerning. I really liked the look of the aero kit and I decided I only want an X that has one. Not after this!
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 05:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by m3typer
wow this is concerning. I really liked the look of the aero kit and I decided I only want an X that has one. Not after this!
I see where you are coming from and I have the Aero package on mine but If I had the chance to do it over again I would still get the aero kit. Its not that bad unless you are looking for it.
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

This is concerning, the gap only grows after time, you must understand wind resistance and inertia! Normal wear will one day turn a small gap into what I'm facing! The more Mitsubishi removes this panel the more worn the mounts/mounting brackets will become, like I said I'm on my fourth rocker, not to mention Zylon was applied to my vehicle from the dealership (Medina Mitsubishi), which shut it's doors a week after I purchased the car. Mitsubishi now refuses to recover the panel with zylon, claiming it was something the dealer and I worked out! The zylon was applied long before I had a say in the purchase of the vehicle; I thought it was an added bonus which I paid 779 dollars for, correct me if I'm wrong here but Mitsubishi is at fault due to a factory/quality defect... How am I/dealership to blame for the rockers when Mitsubishi released a TSB for this issue? Shady they are, just like the rest!!! I thought Mitsubishi was different, for crying out loud, I sang their praises!

If you guys are OK with defects such as paint, rocker gaps and other issues this vehicle has, then so be it!!! Play the part of the fool!!! I my friends will take a stand, this is why America/the World is in the shape it's in, people just bow down and take sh*t!!! I refuse to be treated like this and I refuse to pay the amount of money I did for something that falls apart by simply setting on a showroom floor! I'm making mortgage payments on a car which has burdened me from day one, I stood up for mitsubishi and I can see where Mitsubishi and I stand! As Glen Beck plainly state's, "Wake Up America"! If I have to battle this issue out by myself, I shall! The revolution starts now!!!
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 08:22 PM

same here just a little off the rear
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Vehicle defect cover-up

In what was referred to as "one of the largest corporate scandals in Japanese history",[21][22] Mitsubishi was twice forced to admit to systematically covering up defect problems in its vehicles. Four defects were first publicized in 2000, but in 2004 it confessed to 26 more going back as far as 1977, including failing brakes, fuel leaks and malfunctioning clutches. The effect on the company was catastrophic, forcing it to recall 163,707 cars (156,433 in Japan and 7,274 overseas) for free repair.[23] Further recalls by Fuso truck & bus brought the total number of vehicles requiring repair to almost one million. The affair led to the resignation and subsequent arrest of president Kawasoe, along with 23 other employees who were also implicated.[24] Three of them have since been acquitted, with the judge stating that there was no official request from the Transport Ministry ordering them to submit a defect report.[25]

Taken from wikipedia and mitsubishisucks.com
Old Feb 27, 2009 | 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry about your car, but this is yet another reason I'm glad I didn't get the Aero package with my GSR.

What a waste of $1500...money that could have been spent on performance mods instead.

Old Feb 28, 2009 | 05:56 AM

happened to me but i used the repair kit and its been good for 3 months so far. maybe no good enough cleaning when you applied the tape? or was it really cold?

Quick Reply: Passenger Aero Package, I need your help!