Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Do You regret the color you chose when you bought your X?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2009, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I originally wanted PB, but almost all my prior cars were black, so I thought a change was in order. Went with the Rally Red. The RR is a perfect shade of red for the X.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

I must admit, i want to get a RR but due to high visibility and attention getter, i ended having a GG which I like as well.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

I bought the PB and regret not buying the OB..... PB is a PITA x50 to maintain.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 12:56 AM

Got GG - as it's more subdued. I wished the Grey was a little more grey - kinda like an Audi or a Lexus Grey. Next to these grey's our GG looks kinda cheap. It seems the Audi / Lexus grey convey luxury... dunno if that's even possible

My thoughts regarding colors on cars:
White - for cheap hatch backs and small cars only. On larger cars, the flat whites don't last and doesn't look good after awhile. Pearl whites are another story though.
Black - never, after 3 black cars - it's enough, besides it's too hot in the CA sun.
Silver - easy to maintain, don't need to keep it very clean - good neutral color.
Grey - understated, much more so than silver, don't need to clean it as often.
Red - too flashy, maybe on a little Miata or a Ferrari, can't think of any other car that would work in red
Blue - blue is nice, but I think it was fad recently and has gone downhill a little. I equate blue with WRX/Sti' though, dunno, just think the Blue Mica Pearl looks nice on those cars
Yellow - never
Other flashy colors (lime, purple, orange, etc.)- yeah nice for a while, but will be embarrassed to be seen in them, don't need all that attention.

Overall, I think as I get older, I am looking toward more neutral subdued colors.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 04:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by worfworf

Yellow - never
That, coming from a person that has a yellow car as avatar.....

Last edited by kiadaw; Mar 3, 2009 at 04:06 AM.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 04:06 AM
Evolving Member

I really like my WW but I must admit, every single time I see Blacktracks car I wish I wish I would have taken the risk and got the OB... I had the choice between OB, WW, RR, and AS when I got mine... I'm happy though! Much happier than I was when I got my VIII TB... lol... had the choice between WW and TB on my VIII and should have gone with WW, o wells!
Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:17 AM
Evolved Member

was going for WW but, none in my area had any available and I didn't want to wait.. I decided to get an OB Evo.. Im glad I bought this color and never regret it since..
Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Iceman5
was going for WW but, none in my area had any available and I didn't want to wait.. I decided to get an OB Evo.. Im glad I bought this color and never regret it since..
Same here man...well sort of. I ended up with OB though and haven't looked back since!
Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:25 AM
Evolving Member

i wish i'd gotten the ww, all my cars have been white so i wanted to change it up and got the gg, but the ww is perfect .
Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
I bought a WW and love it. I have to admit tho, when i was at the dealership yesterday and saw that RR evo it looked pretty dang good. I originally didn't EVER want to get a RR because that was all i had seen advertised for about a year, but it looks really nice.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 05:52 AM
Evolved Member

I've never regreted buying the Apex Silver...it's by far the classiest color for the Evo X. The contrast between the black and silver is perfect.

The blue was too "Boy Racer" for me, the red was too maroon, the dark grey was too bland, black shows all the scratches, and white...well, like an earlier post said...it's too "Storm Trooper" for me.

Old Mar 3, 2009, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Took me like two hours of staring at RR and GG next to each other. I ended up with RR but part of me wishes I wouldve gotten my initial choice of GG. I like both a lot and I still like my RR but part of me wishes I got GG every time I see one.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

sent you PM
Old Mar 3, 2009, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

I went to the dealership intent on getting the GG but after seeing the PB in person I quickly changed my mind. The PB is a pain to keep clean but when it's clean nothing looks better.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like PB but I would have got WW if it was available as white is just easier to maintain and I like the stormtrooper look lol.

Quick Reply: Do You regret the color you chose when you bought your X?