Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Do You regret the color you chose when you bought your X?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2009, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do You regret the color you chose when you bought your X?

I was thinking about this the last few weeks. When I was originally considering buying a X, the color I was most leaning for was WW, which I know so many people like. Unfortunately there were no WW Xs available near me at the time. The dealer I went to had OB, GG and AS. Now the last 3 cars I had before were blue, so I was initially going to choose the GG X as I remembered how good the IX MR in GG looked like. While I was working on the deal inside the dealership there was an different Mitsu, dont remember which model, in the GG color. At that moment I didnt really like the look of GG for some reason. At the last minute I told my sales guy to switch it for the AS color. I was thinking that its not WW, but its close enough. Few days later I picked up the car. There was snow on the ground during that time, so I the AS color would somewhat blend in to the snow around. Im sure you guys get what Im trying to say. The first week I thought the color was ok. Maybe not as good as thought. But slowly my thought started changing.
There were a few days in which we had some warmer weather, which pretty much eliminated all the snow on the ground, and I could now see my AS X clearly. It really looked nice, especially at night. It reminded me of my old Mugen somehow. The Mugen comes in only Fiji Blue Pearl, which looks really nice during the day. When night comes, though, that FBP color appears to shimmer vividly. You would have to see it to understand what I mean. The AS has a similar, yet different affect. It looks really good at night under a light. Now I like the color a lot more then before. I just cant wait for the spring so I can slap on the wheels I have in my garage and drop the car to see what it looks.

So? Has anyone gone through something like this?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

No....have RR and very happy. I do like the GG and PB but just not up to the maintaince of a black or near black car.

Unlike most here...I not as much of a fan of the WW....Maybe because all my cars but 1 up until now have been white and I have enjoyed the change.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love my RR, the only other color I considered was WW, but the whole stormtrooper thing kind of killed that for me. Every time I see Blacktrack's OB X, I kind of wish I got blue, but I never wanted a blue Evo.

All in all, I don't regret getting red. After all, it's Mitsu's color
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

I did right after I bought the car, but RR is the hotness and now I wouldn't go with anything else.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cornerstrike
So? Has anyone gone through something like this?
I wasn't really excited about any of the colors personally. I ended up bringing my younger brother with me to the dealership and let him pick out the color he liked the best. I ended up with Octane Blue.

I do like Wicked White (mostly for colored rim options; Takata Green, Mag. Blue=YUM) and Apex Silver though. I could be happy with any one of the three (OB, WW, AS.)
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

I have RR and if I would have more time to keep the car clean I would have gone PB. PB looks really good in person.
Evolving Member

I originally wanted GG, but they didn't have it on the lot so i went with RR and love it.
Evolving Member

Something about Octane Blue gets me all tingly. I had a GG Nine Before, it was time for a color with a bit more pop.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:13 PM

Haha love my ww mr
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

I still love my WW. Of course, I bought it from across the country because there weren't any available in my area, so I suppose it's not surprising.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:33 PM

A lot of RR I see. I guess it definitely is the Mitsu color after all.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:39 PM

I must admit I do have my regrets-- I regret not being able to have the X in all the colours available They all look so good.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:42 PM

If it ain't white it ain't right lol 06 ww mr
Old Mar 2, 2009, 07:59 PM

I had the choice of OB SSS, and I love WW. The WW was a base model, so figured I would get hid's later. Love the color but I could have lived with the OB after seeing more pics on here. Now they have a WW SSS and WW MR, oh well.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

I love my RR..i get a thumbs up on the road once or twice a week.

Quick Reply: Do You regret the color you chose when you bought your X?