Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Hernando fl, mitsubishi lied to me about my new car

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dipsetinallday
Its your fault, how can you believe them when they say the car has never been owned when it has 1100 miles on it. And you checked the carfax and its says it been owned before. It seems you were desperate to have a evo x of your own.
Ofcourse I am at fault for buying the car, but I am not at fault for having them lie to me, that is borderline illegal/car fraud.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nismo2GRS
I appreciate all the opinions, but it would be awesome if anyone had any helpful advice on how to resolve this, 10x a lot.
i would atleast call an attourney to seek his advice, even though internet advice is alot more fun
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by localtoys73
i would atleast call an attourney to seek his advice, even though internet advice is alot more fun
LOL! Agreed!
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

take a sack of dog poop and light it on fire...and leave it at the GM's door

man dude...sucks to hear about that man...

2 things:
1. not to be mean... but why would YOU buy an EVO with 1000 miles and think its new???? especially if they say its test drive miles... those are the worse.

2. this dealership is very very very shady. if you have copies of you emails and what not i would take them to court... and get the previous owner to testify for you.

good luck man
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:11 PM
Account Disabled

Once you leave the car lot theres not much you can do. My sister bought an 08 honda accord at night and didnt really check for damages like she was suppose to come to find out there was hail damage took it back manager denied her and she was sol.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:11 PM

1. It was wrong of the dealer to be dishonest, but that price is pretty cheap
2. I cant believe you didnt raise the B.S. flag and leave before that
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

You gotta live with your choices man, you should have known! I feel for you, I've been hosed and received the hose on my X, but at the end of the day "there's no use crying over spilled milk"! It is what it is, you'll enjoy the car once it's all said and done, at least their giving you the full warranty "because it was never titled"! I wouldn't push it much further or they'll alter that as well! GOOD LUCK!!!

P.S. 32k is about 500 a month, I say you got a decent deal!
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

freakin' stealerships
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Xtremist
You gotta live with your choices man, you should have known! I feel for you, I've been hosed and received the hose on my X, but at the end of the day "there's no use crying over spilled milk"! It is what it is, you'll enjoy the car once it's all said and done, at least their giving you the full warranty "because it was never titled"! I wouldn't push it much further or they'll alter that as well! GOOD LUCK!!!

P.S. 32k is about 500 a month, I say you got a decent deal!
I agree with majority of what you said, but that does not justify them lying to me.
And it adds up to $497 a month
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Dude, either the car was preowned or not. Bottom line is, they sold it to you as new yet the carfax indicates otherwise. That, combined with the issues you are having should give you a strong case if your state has any kind of lemon law since it seems like the previous owner abused it like a weekend airport rental.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Talk to the dealership. Tell them that you will report them to BBB. My cousin bought a CRV, she showed it to me and I told her..how come it has 5K miles and you paid sticker?? (they sold her a demo car). Brought it back to Honda dealership (Close to the 405 freeway), yelled at the finance dept. I was yelling so other customers hear and they wont buy from them.

They took the demo CRV and gave us a new one with navi / all options for the same price with only 4 miles on the odometer.

Good luck!
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Tell them you want to see the title. Or call the DMW and give them the VIN# and see who the car is/was titled too. Also call Mitsu with your VIN and see if they had already warranty registered the car in the previous guys name, if they had that means that the warranty has already started to tick away. Once you get all of your evidence and there was a owner before you go back to the dealer and ask again for your $2k refund or Navi.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by localtoys73
haha my eyes started to hurt half way down
tell me about it. i think i got cataracts now
Old Mar 5, 2009, 08:25 PM

Based on what the "first owner" stated, he returned the car because he didn't like it. If that's true, go back to the dealership and return it.. If he did, why can't you? just joking.

Seriously though, you were aware of the first owner on the carfax. You got a good price. I'd just leave it and enjoy your new ride.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 08:40 PM

goodluck man

if you do send that to mits corp please work on some kind of paragraph form