Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Hernando fl, mitsubishi lied to me about my new car

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2009, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would talk to a lawyer. They misrepresented the condition/history of the vehicle and that is an unfair and deceptive act.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You knew it had 1k miles. What is the difference with how those miles were put on it. They are on it.

You bought the car anyway which means you were ok with it. Now you feel they lied to you. We are talking about salesmen here, not exactly the most straight forward human beings. Before I bought my X I drove one with 1k miles. They tried to sell it to me for $3k over sticker... and that was a deal according to them!!! . I laughed at them and walked out. Ended up buying one with 8 miles for $3500 under sticker somewhere else.

Once you sign the deal, it is very unlikely they will give you anything.

Regardless of your feelings and of the dishonesty of the salesmen it all comes down to one question you have to ask yourself:

Do you want this car still?

If not then you have 30 days to return any car you buy from what I understand. I would pursue that direction and see if you have the law on your side to straight up return the car.

If you do then get over it. Someone owned my 1998 Camaro SS for 500 miles when I bought it. I kept it for 8 years and 90k miles. Not a big deal. Move on. You live and you learn. Enjoy your car and don't go to that dealer anymore.

BTW story should in full detail is unnecessary. This is a forum not a blog man haha!

Good luck with your decision!
Old Mar 11, 2009, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Take them to court.. they can deny warranties left and right but cant hold up on selling a car honestly..
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Take the car back and go get a new car at south coast pricing.

Speak with the manager and then the owner.....If someone else owned it, it was titled and the lender was holding the title. BY the time u put a 1000 miles on a car the title has been issued
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

If the car already had 1k miles on it and it had tinted windows, why would you think it was never titled...theres no way someone can have the car and drive it for 1k miles before he can get the loan approved...Why would you believe the salesman or the general manager...I would have bought from somewhere else....thats my opinion...but anyways GL with your situation..I hope you get what you want out of this whole ordeal....
Old Mar 11, 2009, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

I think you should get rid of it! I am sure you love the car and would like to make this work somehow. That car has had way too much work on it for a "new car."
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

That's a messed up situation man. That's like your gf saying shes a virgin because shes only "fooled" around with one other guy. eh. I would be pissed to. But at least you got a good deal. Hope it all works out for the best. Enjoy that Z and X (think you need some sort of Y now, maybe a Yamaha?)
Old Mar 16, 2009, 03:50 PM

You need to get a copy of the title you signed....if it was on a CO or a title---> If CO(certificate of origin) it is considered new...if Title with previous owner it is considered a used car!! There is legal recouse if this was sold to you as a new car and was not.
I have been in the car business for over 15 years and can tell you this happens, but you need to get a copy of the title from the dealership or the finance company. You have a right to all the paperwork you signed....also make sure you signed the back of the title ....if you have more questions....give me a call
Harry
508-823-6700
Old Mar 16, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Ask the guy at that performance shop if he has the original paperwork/Financial paper work from the dealership. That would help your case greatly and show that it was in fact a 'used' vehicle when you purchased it.