Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Anybody running Wedge seat rails?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody running Wedge seat rails?

I'm curious how much they cost and how high the height adjustment is. The HKS ones only raise 1 inch max for $300+shipping
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cyniclaus
I'm curious how much they cost and how high the height adjustment is. The HKS ones only raise 1 inch max for $300+shipping
Good find. I was going to buy the HKS brackets this week from Japanparts but think I'm going to look into these. If no one else knows about these I'm just going to call and get specs and pricing. Their website isn't very helpful.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stokEd
Good find. I was going to buy the HKS brackets this week from Japanparts but think I'm going to look into these. If no one else knows about these I'm just going to call and get specs and pricing. Their website isn't very helpful.
If you call be sure to post the info...I was hoping somebody already had contacted them and/or installed them. Yeah, their website sets price codes but then you can't find the key that tells you what they mean
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, their website sets price codes but then you can't find the key that tells you what they mean
I know, super dumb.
Old Mar 7, 2009, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

If you call be sure to post the info...I was hoping somebody already had contacted them and/or installed them.
And hopefully the brackets will fit the stock seats.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 04:42 AM
Evolving Member

You want to raise the seat????? Imo opinion they'ew way too high standard, I need to lower mine!
Old Mar 8, 2009, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MarkM
You want to raise the seat????? Imo opinion they'ew way too high standard, I need to lower mine!
If you have really long legs, a seat this low means your knees are bent and your thighs are not touching the bolsters. Tall people who are willing to drive with their arms fully extended don't have this problem, but they arguably have less control over the car.

If the damn steering wheel telescoped, us long legged folks could just move the seat way back to solve this. That would make the armrest an actual armrest too...not just a storage compartment.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

I have wedge seat rails in my 2g. I bought them when they were busy so it took a while to get, but they look nice and IIRC I paid 100 per rail.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MarkM
I'm looking to lower mine as well. I can see how raising the back of the seat might provide some relief from the steering wheel reach, but the seat for me is already too high.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

The seat rails Wedge Engineer sells are not for the stock recaro seats. - They made me some custom made box spacers and charged me an arm and a leg (200$) for it and the quality left alot to be desired (i'll take pics later of what they made me).

The father in law got some hookups and got me these instead (thick boxed steel they use for bus's, and some high quality spacers - the white one is made of Delrin).

The pictures above raised the rear of the seat 1 1/2 inches, while the fronts are raised about an inch.

My wife is 5'3" and she wanted the seat raised a bit more so another set was made that raised the rear 2 1/4" inch. I am not fond of driving her car with the seat raised so high (I'm 6') and I feel constrained - lol. I feel that there's not enough space between the top of my head, and the roof. Although the 1 1/2" on the rear was much better though. She has a much easier time visibility wise with the taller rear though.

You still need to raise the front when you raise the rear because you'll end up sliding forwards when sitting.

Last edited by funks; Mar 8, 2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

I would never buy Wedge Engineering rails again. The quality sucks (had them on my Evo 9)
Old Mar 8, 2009, 07:40 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks...very good info. I bought all the hardware and spacers today for a 1" raise, but I won't have time to install it until next weekend