Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.
View Poll Results: Having the money to buy the evo x would you?
a-buy it
46.56%
b-wait for the 2010 models to arrive
53.44%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Differences between Evo X (2008 and the upcoming 2010 model)?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2009, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by infinite_666
I think you would be the only one to buy it, lol....the hatch style is the reason the sti lost a few costumers.....
+1 i think a sportback evo would make me barf. and buy a different car.
dealer told me it usually takes 3-4 months to get an ordered evo from japan, 3 weeks from the dock. can't wait until i can order a 2010
Old Apr 19, 2009, 08:34 AM

I'm the sales manager at . I just got my evox yesterday, I had to do a dealer trade to get it because we didn't have one in stock. There are PLENTY of 08 models out there, and I was just searching the eastern region (PA, NJ, NY, WV, DE, MD). There are tremendous incentives on the evox right now for both the dealer and the customer. I called our Mitsubishi rep and asked him the same question: will the 2010 model be drastically different? His answer was no, a lot of exterior style changes, but that's about it. Plus Mitsubishi is putting all of there efforts into the Galant Ralliart right now, so the evo isn't their biggest concern. So if you want one, now is the time to buy. I wanted a GSR with sight and sound and the aero kit, and I had my pick of colors. Also the one I bought only had 162 miles on it, so they aren't really being used as demos. You should be able to buy whatever you want at a great price and interest rate.

Last edited by Noize; Apr 20, 2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 04:40 PM

Went to test drive a GSR today. Dealer said that they just put in allocation orders for the 2010 models, though they didn't have the ability to build or customize specifics just yet.

He said that they expect to take delivery sometime in August.
I'm close to pulling the trigger on the GSR now, but I'm not sure if it's best to wait at this point.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

I am waiting on the 2010 models my dealer told that there will be a $4000 cash back and the first shipment will hit dealers around august. If all goes well goodbye ex-wife's 2009 ralliart, hello stevo's 2010 evo X
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by excessiveboost
I am waiting on the 2010 models my dealer told that there will be a $4000 cash back and the first shipment will hit dealers around august. If all goes well goodbye ex-wife's 2009 ralliart, hello stevo's 2010 evo X
$4000 cash back on a new model year car? Are you sure he didn't say mark-up?

Anyway, I'm in no hurry to purchase a car and I'm betting the farm that the 2008 Evo X's will be even cheaper with 0% once the 2010 hits the lots in late summer. Although the 2010 has some slight but nice changes, I'd rather save at least five grand (or even more) with no interest for the 2008's.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

4000 mark up is more likely on a brand new model. Good luck with that.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evonobox
$4000 cash back on a new model year car? Are you sure he didn't say mark-up?

Anyway, I'm in no hurry to purchase a car and I'm betting the farm that the 2008 Evo X's will be even cheaper with 0% once the 2010 hits the lots in late summer. Although the 2010 has some slight but nice changes, I'd rather save at least five grand (or even more) with no interest for the 2008's.
yes i am sure that's what Albert (salesman) said i have brought all my cars there and i have never been screwed over I got my evo IX and the ralliart not to mention I've refereed my parent there and they walked away with new cars.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:15 PM

You guys....

Dealers know nothing.... n o t h i n g .... about coming models. They are legendary for slinging the bullpucky just to amuse themselves.

I can't tell you how many times in various forums I've heard people come through saying, "hey yo, I just talked to the sales manager of McJerkoffson Subaru, and he said next year the STi is getting detuned to meet new emissions standards, and we better get this year if we want 300hp!" or "hey guys, my cousin is a senior sales advisor at Douchbagski Honda, and he says the regional manager told him that next year's S2000 will have a turbo 300hp model, but the base model will be a four-seater!" or whattheheckever.

When it comes to info on coming model years and/or pricing/incentives/etc attached to them, Never believe what a salesman tells you. I don't care if you're married to them. If it's not on an official press release, it's not fact, it's just somebody's wild guess.

And for that matter, don't believe what the auto press tells you, either. Bob Hall over at miata.net, who was a lead designer at Mazda for decades, once asked a senior editor at Motor Trend why they print 'leaks' which were clearly complete lies, and the editor said, "People always remember that we 'get the news first', but 14 months later when the car is actually released, they never seem to remember that we were wrong. So it's worth it to us to just take a wild stab at what we think it might could be and print it as a 'leak'."

It's all about the official press release, folks. Nothing else matters.

Last edited by AutoXJunkie; Apr 20, 2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 04:18 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AutoXJunkie
McJerkoffson Subaru
Old Apr 20, 2009, 05:35 PM

You guys....

Dealers know nothing.... n o t h i n g .... about coming models. They are legendary for slinging the bullpucky just to amuse themselves.

I can't tell you how many times in various forums I've heard people come through saying, "hey yo, I just talked to the sales manager of McJerkoffson Subaru, and he said next year the STi is getting detuned to meet new emissions standards, and we better get this year if we want 300hp!" or "hey guys, my cousin is a senior sales advisor at Douchbagski Honda, and he says the regional manager told him that next year's S2000 will have a turbo 300hp model, but the base model will be a four-seater!" or whattheheckever.

When it comes to info on coming model years and/or pricing/incentives/etc attached to them, Never believe what a salesman tells you. I don't care if you're married to them. If it's not on an official press release, it's not fact, it's just somebody's wild guess.

And for that matter, don't believe what the auto press tells you, either. Bob Hall over at miata.net, who was a lead designer at Mazda for decades, once asked a senior editor at Motor Trend why they print 'leaks' which were clearly complete lies, and the editor said, "People always remember that we 'get the news first', but 14 months later when the car is actually released, they never seem to remember that we were wrong. So it's worth it to us to just take a wild stab at what we think it might could be and print it as a 'leak'."

Nicely said!
Old Apr 20, 2009, 06:28 PM
Account Disabled

From the looks of options for the Canadian 09's. The Evo is trying to copy scion with "cool" interior lights.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

I realize the OP already decided to purchase his 2008, but there may be other guys reading this and mulling it over.

If the 2010s come late, that is just longer that the 08 inventory has to last and the deals may not get much better. I'd keep watch month by month and track the prices as best you can. Or just go in and name your "wish" price once a month until they relent.

I opted for 2008 because with the discounts and financing being offered, plus the fact that is is a new body style (better resale than an outgoing model), the total cost of ownership will be greatly reduced versus a 2010.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:24 PM
Evolving Member

Do we actually know for a fact that what is in that other thread is the only changes in 2010? It seems to me like most of those are already available on evos in other countries now or are taken from the new outlander.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

yes i am sure that's what Albert (salesman) said i have brought all my cars there and i have never been screwed over I got my evo IX and the ralliart not to mention I've refereed my parent there and they walked away with new cars.

You should take note on what AutoX mentioned

You guys....

Old Apr 22, 2009, 09:51 AM

I found an *appearantly* honest dealer. nice guy, and when i emailed him the link to this thread he basically said he has no idea, he can't do jack about 2010's yet, no info, can't order them yet, but when he finds out, he'll give me a call. i'll buy a 2010 from him. unless they screw it up.

Quick Reply: Differences between Evo X (2008 and the upcoming 2010 model)?