Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.
View Poll Results: Having the money to buy the evo x would you?
a-buy it
46.56%
b-wait for the 2010 models to arrive
53.44%
Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Differences between Evo X (2008 and the upcoming 2010 model)?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by mrdeluxe86
I just bought one 3 days ago, I couldn't wait
OTD Price?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man i would go with the 06 evo 9 that is wat i did
Old Apr 2, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Project_Evo
Cause you will have to pay top dollar for a XI. And Mitsu has yet to even mention they will be comming out with a XI. From what I see on Mitsumotors.com many of the evo deals are now expired. I dont see a 0% APR or the rebate options anymore.. hmmmmm...
Here people go with the XI again... *sigh*

March's deals took until about March 5th or so before they showed up, so I wouldn't expect April's deals any time between the 1st and 3rd...
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't really wait for the 2010 models. I'm getting an 08 as soon as I get my financial status straighten out!!! And plus, it'll be a great buy in this economy!! =D
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:21 PM

i'm gonna wait for 2010. they say there will be some improvements but frankly, if they make the exact same car with no changes in 2010 they got a sale from me. my only question is, if i order one, how long does it take to get here? for now i gotta finish up college so i can wait, and no way am i gonna leave an X sitting around here all year. had a friend with a riced up celica, first day here he parked it in a city parking garage (mistake) and it got broken into.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I would guess more power for sure on the 2010 X to combat the new WRX which is quite fast, it would beat an MR for sure in straight line dragging, not by much but the MR needs to be faster and so does the GSR, they both need a healthy does of power.
Old Apr 3, 2009, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rufledt
i'm gonna wait for 2010. they say there will be some improvements but frankly, if they make the exact same car with no changes in 2010 they got a sale from me. my only question is, if i order one, how long does it take to get here? for now i gotta finish up college so i can wait, and no way am i gonna leave an X sitting around here all year. had a friend with a riced up celica, first day here he parked it in a city parking garage (mistake) and it got broken into.
Can you show me a thread or a website where they even have the 2010 comming out? I have yet to hear Mitsu garantee a 2010 EVO, as of right now its all rumors from what I have seen until proven wrong(which I hope I am).

28-29k for a X right now or 32-35 for a XI easy decision =)
Old Apr 4, 2009, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Can you show us where the XI is coming out? Thread or article?

Anyways, why would there be incentives to buy 2008 Evo X's if they didn't want to clear them? Why would they want to clear them if nothing is coming after them?

I really want to know where people are getting the XI thing from because I've never seen anything relating to the XI except what people talk about on these "should I buy an '08 X" threads... seriously, if there IS info on an XI coming, please fill us (or at least me) in.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

I doubt very much there will be an XI in the near future in this climate, very subtle improvements to the X will be about it imo
Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Frankiago
Can you show us where the XI is coming out? Thread or article?

Anyways, why would there be incentives to buy 2008 Evo X's if they didn't want to clear them? Why would they want to clear them if nothing is coming after them?

I really want to know where people are getting the XI thing from because I've never seen anything relating to the XI except what people talk about on these "should I buy an '08 X" threads... seriously, if there IS info on an XI coming, please fill us (or at least me) in.
Why are you asking me to show you a thread when I'm hear doubting there will be a Evo XI... I asked for someone to show me a thread that the XI was comming out... I didn't say I had 1.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
I just went to the dealer two days ago to find out when the 2010 are coming. I was told in 6 months and that the RS is coming. They also wouldn't let me even sit in a 08 evo without me signing papers first. There nice cars but come-on its not like its a Lambo or 100k car where dealing with.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

I asked for someone to show me a thread that the XI was comming out... I didn't say I had 1.
You asked about the 2010... I'm pretty damn sure the 2010 Evo X is coming in late July/early August (but from what poster above me said, looking more like October?).
32-35 for a XI easy decision =)
So you're saying an XI is coming out for 32-35? This is exactly what I'm talkin about...

But anyways wht95scort, did they have many 08 leftovers or were they running thin?
Old Apr 4, 2009, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Can you show me a thread or a website where they even have the 2010 comming out? I have yet to hear Mitsu garantee a 2010 EVO, as of right now its all rumors from what I have seen until proven wrong(which I hope I am).

1st paragraph I'm stating that I'd like to see evidence from the guy I quoted earlier that the XI is comming out, because I'm doubting Mitsu is comming out with an XI. I'm asking for evidence from everyone who is stating that there is going to be a XI.

Then I state my opinion on if there is a XI you wont be able to get it as cheap as 28-29k like you can now, and that you will have to pay in the 30's, so Im for saving a few thousand bucks and buying an X like I did.

Theres the break down for you =)
Old Apr 4, 2009, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Frankiago
But anyways wht95scort, did they have many 08 leftovers or were they running thin?

They had three left that I saw. I didn't ask for a test drive I just wanted to sit in one and they wouldn't let me do that.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by jrsimon27
yep thats it nothing else added to it.
$37,995 with the technology package? There's no way that's OTD! You didn't pay tax and fees?

Quick Reply: Differences between Evo X (2008 and the upcoming 2010 model)?