Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dealership damaged my evo.. what can i do?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2009, 07:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like others have mentioned, be very calm and polite when speaking with the service guys at the dealership. If they are stand up people who believe you, they may make it right.

If they fight with you about it, ask about their procedure for checking in cars that come in for service. Some dealers have their people write down exterior damage to protect themselves from being accused of creating damage that was already there.

If you purchased the vehicle from them or have purchased previous cars there, they may be more receptive to help (If this is the case get the sales manager involved.).

Good Luck

Old May 2, 2009, 03:40 PM

pics of damage..

Old May 2, 2009, 03:43 PM

ahh man that sucks. Why didnt you change your own oil?
Old May 2, 2009, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

They most likely ran it into the front of the lift. Good luck man.
Old May 2, 2009, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by aftershock141
They most likely ran it into the front of the lift. Good luck man.
Usually dealers dont have the ramp style lifts (atleast the ones in my area).

A speed bump would have yellow/white paint embeded in the scratches. (paint transfer). From the scractches it looks like it hit metal. The scratches are too clean to be from cement. So I think they hit some part of the lift.
Old May 2, 2009, 10:59 PM

wasn't it lift.. mostly like it was when the guys parked infront of the dealership and miss judge the curb height and smacked causing the cf lip to chip off the paint.
Old May 3, 2009, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a huge chunk of damage is done on the bottom of your lip - i'll second the curb motion.
Old May 3, 2009, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

Dealer is able to get away from the trouble in ANY way unless you have a very strong evidence that the car was damaged by them. for example, the picture you took before the day of maintenance. Good luck though, I am speaking of this because of very painful experience during my ownership of my audi.
Old May 3, 2009, 12:40 AM
Evolving Member

I can't say for your dealership, but the one by my house does a visual inspection before they take my keys. It's on the work order, they even write the mileage and the gas level on every work order i have done there.
Old May 4, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

It would be interesting to see whether or not they are legally liable for any damage they do to non-factory equipment. Have any of the fine print handy on the papers you signed for your oil change?
Old May 4, 2009, 03:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Might have happened when they drove it on the lift if it is that type. mine barely touched getting on the lift with no aero. When you get to the dealer walk in the shop first and see if they use this type. hope this helps
Old May 4, 2009, 03:44 PM
JEP
Evolving Member

very simple fix. First figure out what you need from the dealer that cost the same as the carbon lip. Ex. Factory car cover, what ever you can think off. Then go down order parts pay with a check then go an cancel the check immediately. Make the dealership take you to court to get the money. Now this is only if they dont help you first...
Old May 4, 2009, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JEP
very simple fix. First figure out what you need from the dealer that cost the same as the carbon lip. Ex. Factory car cover, what ever you can think off. Then go down order parts pay with a check then go an cancel the check immediately. Make the dealership take you to court to get the money. Now this is only if they dont help you first...

Um little life lesson here buddy. The dealer will take you to court after you get out of jail. That is illegal to do in every state and you will go to jail for it.
Old May 4, 2009, 05:48 PM

Update:

Platinum Mitsubishi basically told me to take a hike. They will not cover any damage done to my Evo. What they offered to do was contact Speedtech and order a replacement lip for me and I would pay at cost. I simply declined. What other actions can I do? Can I take them to small claims court? Or is it a waste of my time? Or should I just suck it up and move on?
Old May 4, 2009, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crusher777
Update:

Platinum Mitsubishi basically told me to take a hike. They will not cover any damage done to my Evo. What they offered to do was contact Speedtech and order a replacement lip for me and I would pay at cost. I simply declined. What other actions can I do? Can I take them to small claims court? Or is it a waste of my time? Or should I just suck it up and move on?
If you really want to battle this, ask to see there vehical condition report that they took before they took your car in for service. Any dealer that has been in this situation before does one and has the customer sign off on it before a car is brought in for service. They apparantly did not do one with you so by you asking to see it they will get where you are going with things. When they tell you they do not have it tell them that will make it tuff for them in small claims court. Before filing in small claims write a demand letter and send it certified to the owner. Most likley they will fold to avoid the hassle.

Quick Reply: Dealership damaged my evo.. what can i do?