Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dealership damaged my evo.. what can i do?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2009, 06:13 PM
JEP
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Scottatyamaha I did'nt ask for your 2 cents. I know it is illegal and so was what they did to his car and and act like they didnt do it. We had a local kid take his car (a Suby) to the dealer for work they damaged his car to the tune of 2000 dollars. Which they said they didnt do. He asked them to fix it which they told him the same **** this dealer told this person. His attorney told him to have the dealer fix the car and when the car was fixed stop payment on the check and he would take it from their. guess what he got his car fixed for FREE FREE FREE. The dealership who damaged the car fixed the car thinking they were going to make a quick buck but all they did was return the car back to stock...Yes they tried to take him to court but in the end they threw it out
Old May 4, 2009, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JEP
Hey Scottatyamaha I did'nt ask for your 2 cents. I know it is illegal and so was what they did to his car and and act like they didnt do it. We had a local kid take his car (a Suby) to the dealer for work they damaged his car to the tune of 2000 dollars. Which they said they didnt do. He asked them to fix it which they told him the same **** this dealer told this person. His attorney told him to have the dealer fix the car and when the car was fixed stop payment on the check and he would take it from their. guess what he got his car fixed for FREE FREE FREE. The dealership who damaged the car fixed the car thinking they were going to make a quick buck but all they did was return the car back to stock...Yes they tried to take him to court but in the end they threw it out
Guess what you are on a public forum and you dont get to ask for my 2 cents because I can give it anytime. As for your friend I can assure you his attorney did not give him that advice. Also it is illegal to have a service performed in good faith and then put a stop payment on the check. It is called fraud and you will go to jail for it. It is the same as writing a bad check. Grow up you got a hard life ahead of you if that is how you think you can handle things.
Old May 4, 2009, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

I just caught that you said you know it was illegal. Why would you tell someone to do something that you know is illegal???? Are you trying to get him in jail??? You are not a lawyer, please do not come on here and give advice that could wind someone up in jail.
Old May 5, 2009, 12:17 PM
Banned for NON PAYMENT

smike said it best...be calm cause you show hostility and the manager may take a defensive stance and totally ignore your request...and hopefully they will accept the mistake they made....GOOD LUCK!!
Old May 5, 2009, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scottatyamaha
If you really want to battle this, ask to see there vehical condition report that they took before they took your car in for service. Any dealer that has been in this situation before does one and has the customer sign off on it before a car is brought in for service. They apparantly did not do one with you so by you asking to see it they will get where you are going with things. When they tell you they do not have it tell them that will make it tuff for them in small claims court. Before filing in small claims write a demand letter and send it certified to the owner. Most likley they will fold to avoid the hassle.
Yes. That is what you should do.
Old May 5, 2009, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

First , you're an idiot to pay $150 for an oil change, 2nd your you're dumb to take your car to a mitsu dealer for an oil change, 3rd stop crying. learn from ur mistakes...
Old May 11, 2009, 08:40 PM

Small claims court is bs. If you do win the court doesn't make the party pay, it is up to you to collect.
Old May 11, 2009, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by punker462606
Small claims court is bs. If you do win the court doesn't make the party pay, it is up to you to collect.

If they don't pay, you go back to the judge, and then you collect (if the defendant has $)