Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dealership damaged my evo.. what can i do?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2009, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership damaged my evo.. what can i do?

i brought in my evo for the first service today.. oil change, charge me $150 for it.. alrite i can live with that.. picked up the car during closing time so i didn't really inspect the car that well.. so when i get home i noticed they cracked my front cf lip and chips some paint off in the front bumper. so i gave them a call back and they told me come down and talk to them tomorrow morning.. what can i do now? when i dropped off the car, iam certain there was no damage at all.. what i think happen is that they hit a speed bump pretty fast and hit the bottom on the lip and scratched it push my lip towards my bumper. any help would be appreciated..
Old May 2, 2009, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Its going to be tough. Your word vs theirs. Who is to say you didn't crack it on the way home? Best of luck though.
Old May 2, 2009, 12:07 AM
Evolving Member

Look around your car, maybe you can find some evidence to tie up the damage to the dealership, CSI style. Hopefully, they are kind enough to take care of it. It is really now your word against there word.
Old May 2, 2009, 12:14 AM

My advice is to be calm and collected, don't pour gasoline on the fire. Perhaps speak of being **** retentvie and OCD.

Invite them to see your office and home that is immaculate. (I'm sure they won't go)

Sorry and
Good luck
Old May 2, 2009, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
150.00 dollars for an oil change!? Man I really hope they fix your car if not they raped you twice.

Good Luck
Old May 2, 2009, 12:27 AM

Ouch 150 for a oil change?? really?? Just because its a evo they can charge you guys up the butt huh?
Old May 2, 2009, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

Im sorry that that happened, but seriously $150 for an oil change?

That oil better have been pure bull semen! -Top Gear
Old May 2, 2009, 01:13 AM

$150 Oil changes hurt my feelings.

Not surprising at all. I recently took my car to the dealer for my first "servicing". The oil change was a reasonable 90$
To my amusement, the "Service" Manager offered to rotate my tires for "only" 48 bucks... After supressing a few less-than-polite comments i left my car with them for just the oil change.
That might account for his 150$ spent. Stealer-ship is right. dang. Best of luck to the OP with his issue.
Old May 2, 2009, 01:13 AM
Evolving Member

150 Wow! Damaged your car, and your wallet! Good luck though, sucks that you paid top dollar hoping the dealership would do a good job and this happens. Keep us posted.
Old May 2, 2009, 01:42 AM
Evolving Member

haha yeah they include a tire rotation into the cost of an oil change, F'ers. i kindly declined that when i took mine in. good luck though man!
Old May 2, 2009, 02:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how could you possibly "live" with a $150 oil change is my question.
Old May 2, 2009, 04:13 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by jacknjilloff
My advice is to be calm and collected, don't pour gasoline on the fire. Perhaps speak of being **** retentvie and OCD.

Invite them to see your office and home that is immaculate. (I'm sure they won't go)

Sorry and
Good luck
More or less, this. Be calm, talk to the manager. Explain the situation.

And enough with the $150 oil comments - that is not the point of this thread.
Old May 2, 2009, 04:57 AM
Account Disabled

wow......I can't believe that. I'm assuming this is going to end up like every other story like this. I hope they fix it for you. I never let anyone touch my car unless absolutely necessary because of crap like this. I had a Mitsu dealer put new tires on my Evo while they were replacing a belt under warranty. It was dark and raining when I picked it up and didn't notice till the next day that they scratched every damn rim on the car. They were small but noticable to me. Called them the next day to see what they could do. They were going to have a shop "fix" my wheels but I couldn't afford the downtime on my DD plus they were over an hour away. Oh well......we live and learn.
Old May 2, 2009, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
lol similar story i let the dealer change my oil no issues but then i had a cracked manny and let them change that out. let me tell you they had the turbo extremely loose from the hotside and used a impact gun to loosen and take off all the bolts. I had stripped bolts everywhere and my care became a N/A evo. I figured all this out when i dropped it off in the morning and picked it up late and night did not help the CEL came on and i could not even beat my mom when she was driving the 08 lancer gts. i knew something was up. I took it back the same night and cussed the sales mgr out and he understood where i was coming from. Next day the service mgr wanted to charge me to get everything rethreaded i promptly told him hell no and ill call my lawyer right now because i did not tell them to use a impact gun to change out a manny and i been a loyal customer for years its s shame it has to end this way. The sales mgr got on the phone and said you been buying cars from us for awhile ill handle it. So they replaced everything whether it was under warranty or not. ( i bought the car used so no warranty) I left happy but i realized anything other than oil changes stay away now i do all my own work.
Old May 2, 2009, 05:34 AM
Account Disabled

Haha....good story RockmanX..... so he justified helping by saying that you've bought many cars from them so if this were the only car you bought then they would have left you "High and Dry" even though they were completely at fault. Dealerships suck *****.

Quick Reply: Dealership damaged my evo.. what can i do?