Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

My Evo X stolen-then found

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2009, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn sucky story
Old May 17, 2009, 07:19 PM

sorry man to hear about this...anyone stole my car I wouldn't know what to do...well hopefully you get your car back together and if you get rid of it someone will have fun with it...if your looking to get rid of some of the parts like if you have the larger spoiler let me know because I would buy it off of you
Old May 17, 2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by NoJoy II
No insurence is not going to cover this unfortunately-
Insurance should cover it. When my old evo 8 was broken into and all of my goodies was stolen my insurance cover it with no issue. So I don't see why they wouldn't cover this as this is why we pay insurance for.
Old May 17, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

If it was a paid for vehicle then he may not of had full coverage on the car.

Instead of lojack I have a idea that may be a little cheaper for you. Invest into one of the child recovery bracelets/chips and hide it well in the vehicle. They are very precise and are not nearly as expensive as lojack.
Old May 17, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

damn that sucks sorry to hear this
Old May 17, 2009, 07:54 PM

Sucks bro..Next time get your car fully covered. It sounds like you dont have good insurance or something now you have to come out of pocket 5k-8k sounds like you couldve made it into a real monster now you have to pay for that...Sorry guy, Hope everything works out in your favor, good luck.
Old May 17, 2009, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
turn it into a track car!
Old May 17, 2009, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

OK first of all I had everything but comp-there go no theft coverage. Yes the car was paid off. So people can tell me its all my fault. I am fine with that-I have full coverage now so this type of bs doesn't happen again. Now this car is very hard to steal without the key fob, so I felt safe-but in the end I was wrong. There was a series of things that I could of done to prevent this. Lets see, 1. Install Brinks or ADT to cover the house/condo from being broke into in the first place. 2. The extra key is a liability-so it should have been with me or in a gun safe at all times. Without the key, the theives would not have taken the car. I really believe that. Now I have Brinks, and a safe and full coverage on my new car. Lesson learned. Full coverage would have saved me some $ on my car-but not things taken out of my house. (I did have coverage for that).
Now this week I am going to find out what the cost will be to get this car driving again. If I can do it for a reasonable amount I will keep it. If not I will put brand new wheels and tires on it and sell it as is. Some $ back is better than nothing at all. By the way if I can get this car driving again in a few weeks, I may put both my new car up for sale (2009 STi) and the Evo X up for sale. Whichever sells first-I will drive the other. Problem solved. I thank you guys for helping me out with some ideas and the more info the better. I hope I can pass along my lesson to others so this does not happen to you. So get full coverage AND make sure your house has a security system. Apparently both are in order these days due in part to our economic downturn.
Old May 17, 2009, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

wao sorry to hear that
but well
**** happens
hopefully everything is sorted out the way you want it
Old May 17, 2009, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm, since the car was stolen while it was in the house, I wonder if your home owners/renters would cover it. I dunno, just thinking of ways to make one insurance or the other pay for it if possible.
Old May 17, 2009, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

I am looking into that as well. But right now what is done is done. So I am going to get an estimate of what the cost will be this week to get the car street legal. I will share with everyone what exactly is broke or needs replaced and hopefully folks with more experience than me can chip in with ideas on where to get the parts and get the car running again. It will really depend on the total cost to do this. I will give an update by this Fri or early next week.
Old May 18, 2009, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow that stinks only good thing about make the monthly payments on the evo. I have to have full coverage LOL. Hope you get it all fixed and the aftermarket peaces should save you some chedder at least
Old May 18, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

yeah try your house insurance... i know when i was in college my laptop got stolen out of my dorm room, and my parents house insurance covered it!! haha... if the keys were stolen out of your house, and the car stolen off your property... you may be able to get it covereD!!
Old May 18, 2009, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Really sorry to hear about all of this. Only thing to do is look to the future.

Bride seat prices can be found in the evo x vendors. I recently just picked up a set myself.
Old May 18, 2009, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

ah what dirt bags. I hope whoever stole your car lives a life of hell from here on.

Quick Reply: My Evo X stolen-then found