Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Dealer never gives me a loaner, what can I do?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2009, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
depends on the dealer, some have alittle more money than others to spend on things like loaner vehicles. thats an expense they have to pay out of pocket
Old May 24, 2009, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by scottatyamaha
This is something you can try. When I had a drivetrain problem on my EVO 8 at 40k miles I called Mitsu for a tow and they said that they only provided free towing for the 1st 3 years 36k miles. So I paid out of my pocket for the tow and once the dealership determined that it was indeed going to be covered under my 5 year 50k miles powertrain warranty I gave him the bill for my tow and asked him to submit that with the warranty claim. Sure enough the dealer came through for me and sent me a check in the mail for $150 that they got rembursed from Mitsu. It was a good thing for them because I went back to them to buy my EVO X. So what I am saying is pay for the rental out of pocket and see if you can get rembursed for it from the dealer when they submit the warranty claim.
This is the best advice you have gotten yet. It is unfortunate that you have to go through that but like people have said they are not required to give you a loaner. Good luck and you should be back up and running in no time.
Old May 24, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Mitsu, at least over here, from start said they will never provide a loaner. Some companies like Toyota, even when out of warranty they drop you off home or work and when the car is serviced, they pick you up from home/work. BMW did the same to me, but never gave me a loaner.
Lexus on the other hand, even at points when the customer insisted just to be dropped off, they give a rental. Even if the service is <1 day. If the service is 30 minutes, you go and eat their breakfast buffet....It's just amazing you feel like a king lol. And after w/e you do a full clean up of the interior and exterior, they wont detail it but it's way better than an Esso Gas station car wash. Warranty is also covers the oil changes, filter replacements all that, when Mitsu charged $220 for the service 'type B' and again you WILL be lucky if you are given a seat in some small room w/ an unplugged 1980's television in front of you. lol
Old May 24, 2009, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

The Mitsubishi dealership in Glendale and Puente Hills both offered me rides/loaner cars.
Old May 25, 2009, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

You should be happy that you still have a Mitsubishi dealer period! I have to drive 30 miles to one now that two of them closed near me.
Old May 25, 2009, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mike100
You should be happy that you still have a Mitsubishi dealer period! I have to drive 30 miles to one now that two of them closed near me.

30 miles?? That is a cake walk.
Old May 25, 2009, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Sell evo, buy cobalt, problem solved.

Oh snap, then your driving the rental year round!!!

Scorke

LMAO hahahahahaha!
Old May 25, 2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by scottatyamaha
30 miles?? That is a cake walk.
It would definitely be worth a 30 mile drive if I was actually treated properly and not like a waste of their time. Actually, The next 2 closest mitsu dealers are within 30 miles from me...so maybe i will give them a call next time i need service. it would be worth the extra time spent driving there. i'll probably try the one in racine, wisconsin. i've had good luck dealing with wisconsinites.
Old May 25, 2009, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by borievoinitialD
LMAO hahahahahaha!
lol...i even laughed at that myself. sad thing is...my cobalt was quite a bit faster in a straight line than my stock X.
Old May 25, 2009, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Go buy an infiniti or Lexus, you get loaner cars for everything even an oil change.
Old May 25, 2009, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by billyblonco
Go buy an infiniti or Lexus, you get loaner cars for everything even an oil change.
that's the problem...if i wanted one of those...i would have bought one. there isn't one infiniti or lexus i would actually want to own. I love my evo, but there was definitely something to be said about owning a GM in this area...the dealers really take care of you.
Old May 28, 2009, 12:32 AM

I think it depends more on the dealer......everytime my Evo VIII was in for extended service they always gave me a loaner. Either from them or from a rental car place affiliated with them. They have given me a Ralliart Galant before.
Old May 28, 2009, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

It's not Mitsubishi's fault, it depends upon the dealership! Medina Mitsubishi gave you a rental and their setup was rather nice!
Old May 28, 2009, 10:13 AM
Evolved Member

BTW your cobalt had to be modified in order to achieve a faster straight line time than your stock EVO X, many cars can out run a stock EVO if modified. Like someone said before, trade the X in for another cobalt and go back to GM, problem solved! Maybe they can give you a real deal before all their garage doors close???
Old May 29, 2009, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Xtremist
BTW your cobalt had to be modified in order to achieve a faster straight line time than your stock EVO X, many cars can out run a stock EVO if modified. Like someone said before, trade the X in for another cobalt and go back to GM, problem solved! Maybe they can give you a real deal before all their garage doors close???
yeah, my cobalt was modified. 60lb injectors, 2.8" supercharger pulley (17.5psi), tune, full exhaust, intake. it was a fun car to drive. I think i'll hang on to my X though, i love it too much . I would have never left GM in the first place if they made a vehicle that had features i wanted. i wanted a turbo 4 cylinder with all wheel drive. no matter how much my family hates that i drive a japanese car...GM simply doesn't make anything that fit the bill. Overall very happy with my EvoX.

Quick Reply: Dealer never gives me a loaner, what can I do?