Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

upgrade path

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2009, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks guys. i am new to mods, and i really don't want to risk losing my warranty. hmmm...maybe a cosworth drop in filter and a cobb AP tune then? the tune i can reverse and the filter i can just remove before heading into the dealership.

really want a CBE, because the oem tips look horrible. might wait until warranty is almost out to do this i guess.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

Get all the bolt-ons and a good tune.Don`t worry about the warranty because it is garbage anyway..
Old Jun 3, 2009, 09:00 PM
FLK
Evolved Member

lemme just add that an UICP is not a power mod, it improves throttle response and drivability..
some dealers don't mind a CBE, speak to yours and see. otherwise a uicp, suction pipe, cbe and tune will be great for the streets.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by reno2555
look at vishnu
i did, worried about warranty. i mean, i know you guys say the warranty is ****, but my dealer has been working with me fairly well on some paint problems i'm having. not rock chips (i wish) but there was a crack and some paint spotting they're getting rid of.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vassili
but my dealer has been working with me fairly well
I've got an MR too, and believe me, we should all be worried about blowing the SST without warranty, because that'll be ridiculously expensive... the most important thing is finding a dealer that has enthusiasts like us working there... that goes a long ways... I've had really good luck with my dealer, and they've installed most of my gear, and seem to be cool about all of it... I'm done with the performance mods, I think, and I'm incredibly happy with my car now...

Where in Canada are you from? Maybe checking out my dealer would be a good start for you...