Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

June 2009 Mitsubishi Evo X Deals

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about that, I guess Richard (the salesman) was just pulling my leg when we talked pricing. 8K off msrp plus 0% still gd imho. 2 months ago they were at 6K off msrp, then 8K last month, and now....(negotiate, they're closing down apparently.) The fact it's a ghost-town may explain why it's a good deal. Silver and red are left last time I was there. Sad to see how the economy is taking it's toll on dealerships.

Last edited by Farmerbob; Jun 14, 2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I didn't care about the color... but I'm happy I'll be getting what I want for ALMOST as good of a deal as these Serramonte prices.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 09:51 PM

Hey Guys,

Does anyone think there will still be 08s around by early fall? It's excruciating seeing these cars go for so cheap while I sit on the sidelines waiting for my turn to put some cash down. Thanks!
Old Jun 19, 2009, 08:40 PM

Any dealers in Chicago with good deals on Evo X's ?
Old Jun 21, 2009, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by SR20gawd
I was just at a dealer today looking at a X. Baierl Mitsubishi in PA has a RR GSR with the aero kit. Stickered at $37,679, before the salesman even asked my name told me that they are marked off $6500. Brings us to $31,179. Salesman told me that they want the car gone by the end of the month (big mistake). I told him I'm starting at $28k and they need to work with that. They're going to call me back tomorrow. In the meantime i'm heading to other dealerships to look for something else. Was hoping for OB (thats what was listed on their website), plus I'm not a big fan of the aero kit and I know that has to be added into the cost of the car. Wish me luck!
UPDATE

Baierl was the first dealership I went to, After that I visited 3 other Pittsburgh area dealers. Went back to Baierl, final price... about $27,500 for a GSR with SSS and aero kit. Not a bad price I think. Only bad thing is I have to wait a week before I pick it up.. I'm pretty sure I'll go crazy.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

UPDATE

Baierl was the first dealership I went to, After that I visited 3 other Pittsburgh area dealers. Went back to Baierl, final price... about $27,500 for a GSR with SSS and aero kit. Not a bad price I think. Only bad thing is I have to wait a week before I pick it up.. I'm pretty sure I'll go crazy.
I almost did, I waited for two weeks

$27,500..awesome deal! congrats!
Old Jun 21, 2009, 06:10 PM

UPDATE

hey just wondering, what is the color of the other gsr they have their on the lot and what all does it come with? I'll be in Butler next weekend for a cousins graduation party and I am in the search for a new X.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by GavinIX
hey just wondering, what is the color of the other gsr they have their on the lot and what all does it come with? I'll be in Butler next weekend for a cousins graduation party and I am in the search for a new X.
This goes to show you that you can't take for granted what dealers have listed on their website. I went to baierl because on their website they have listed a 2008 Octane Blue GSR and a 2008 Octane Blue MR. RR wasn't my color of choice (sorry to all those RR guys) mainly because every car I have ever owned has been red. I really wanted OB. I go to the dealer and all they have on the lot is a 2008 RR GSR (with SSS and Aero). Inquire about the OB X's they have listed on their site, salesman tells me that they haven't had an OB X to date. Told me that the website pictures are general stock photos. They don't look very general to me. So to answer you question Baierl only had the RR GSR, which has now been sold.. to me haha. I'll help you out tho bc i've been to all the other dealers in the area.

South Park Mitsubishi has an OB GSR (Base model- only SSS). The best they could do for me was $31,xxx + T/T/L. It was a dealer trade car and had the front plate bracket on the front bumper (I hate that) However, it appears you're from MD and need it. I dealt with a salesman named Mike, He wasn't very friendly, and laughed at me when I told them what Baierl had offered me for a X that was loaded with more options then his base model. I then played the voicemail for him that baierl left me stating what their offer was. This shut him up, until he went into a rant about how much money they were losing on that deal. I walked out, he followed me, knocking on my car window. He tells me that if this was a matter of $500 he would work with me. I left. He then called me a day later leaving a voicemail I never called back.

Biondi Mitsubish in Monroeville has an 08 Apex Silver GSR (completely loaded - SSS, Aero, interior). I arrived there after work and they were closing in about 20 minutes. The problem with this dealership is that they are mainly a lincoln/mercury dealership. Biondi had a stand alone Mitsu dealer however slow economy forced them to condense and close the Mitsu dealer. They basically just put a few Mitsu models in the lincoln/mercury lot. I went in and inquired about the 2008 X GSR, and the salesman told me I must be mistaken because they have not had an evo on the lot in a few years. I told him no.. there is a 2008 X in the parking lot, he told me it was a 2007 (which is not a X). Finally he got the keys we went out and guess what.. turns out I was right and it was 2008 X lol-imagine that. He spurted out a few figures in the same ballpark as south park, I told him was looking to spend $28k, he almost swallowed his tongue. I gave him my number and he never called back. His loss.

Basically your three dealers in the pittsburgh area are Baierl, Biondi & South Park. I HIGHLY recommend Baierl. I dealt with a guy named Anthony who was nothing but helpful, his first counter offer was $29,900. Very professional as well.

You may have more luck with the other 2 dealers due to them sitting on the car for a little longer now. They may be more willing to bargain. Good Luck!

Last edited by SR20gawd; Jun 21, 2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
Current incentives for the 2008 evo X end 6/1/09. Anyone know what the new incentives will be? Will they increase the rebates and stay with 0% financing?

I just bought my EVO and got $4000 off total, including the $2000 cash back
Old Jun 21, 2009, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by realgeneric
Hey guys I'm new here.

I live in the Bay Area in California and I saw the post about Serramonte Mitsubishi's ridiculous sales. I checked their website and the 10k rebate is good until 6/30. Does anyone know for sure if they give that and also the 0% financing for 60/72/84 months? Because if I can get a fully loaded 2008 Evo X GSR for $29,000 and only have to pay $345 a month for seven years, I'm heading there tomorrow to claim my baby.

Wait, wait, wait a minute!!! what $10,000 rebate? "I checked their website and the 10k rebate is good until 6/30."
PLEASE POST LINK
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:24 AM

This goes to show you that you can't take for granted what dealers have listed on their website. I went to baierl because on their website they have listed a 2008 Octane Blue GSR and a 2008 Octane Blue MR. RR wasn't my color of choice (sorry to all those RR guys) mainly because every car I have ever owned has been red. I really wanted OB. I go to the dealer and all they have on the lot is a 2008 RR GSR (with SSS and Aero). Inquire about the OB X's they have listed on their site, salesman tells me that they haven't had an OB X to date. Told me that the website pictures are general stock photos. They don't look very general to me. So to answer you question Baierl only had the RR GSR, which has now been sold.. to me haha. I'll help you out tho bc i've been to all the other dealers in the area.

South Park Mitsubishi has an OB GSR (Base model- only SSS). The best they could do for me was $31,xxx + T/T/L. It was a dealer trade car and had the front plate bracket on the front bumper (I hate that) However, it appears you're from MD and need it. I dealt with a salesman named Mike, He wasn't very friendly, and laughed at me when I told them what Baierl had offered me for a X that was loaded with more options then his base model. I then played the voicemail for him that baierl left me stating what their offer was. This shut him up, until he went into a rant about how much money they were losing on that deal. I walked out, he followed me, knocking on my car window. He tells me that if this was a matter of $500 he would work with me. I left. He then called me a day later leaving a voicemail I never called back.

Biondi Mitsubish in Monroeville has an 08 Apex Silver GSR (completely loaded - SSS, Aero, interior). I arrived there after work and they were closing in about 20 minutes. The problem with this dealership is that they are mainly a lincoln/mercury dealership. Biondi had a stand alone Mitsu dealer however slow economy forced them to condense and close the Mitsu dealer. They basically just put a few Mitsu models in the lincoln/mercury lot. I went in and inquired about the 2008 X GSR, and the salesman told me I must be mistaken because they have not had an evo on the lot in a few years. I told him no.. there is a 2008 X in the parking lot, he told me it was a 2007 (which is not a X). Finally he got the keys we went out and guess what.. turns out I was right and it was 2008 X lol-imagine that. He spurted out a few figures in the same ballpark as south park, I told him was looking to spend $28k, he almost swallowed his tongue. I gave him my number and he never called back. His loss.

Basically your three dealers in the pittsburgh area are Baierl, Biondi & South Park. I HIGHLY recommend Baierl. I dealt with a guy named Anthony who was nothing but helpful, his first counter offer was $29,900. Very professional as well.

You may have more luck with the other 2 dealers due to them sitting on the car for a little longer now. They may be more willing to bargain. Good Luck!

Thanks a lot SR20gawd! I'll have to check them out this weekend! I am too looking for an OB fully loaded gsr only found one so far...
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by projekX
Wait, wait, wait a minute!!! what $10,000 rebate? "I checked their website and the 10k rebate is good until 6/30."
PLEASE POST LINK
Here is the thread

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ishi-cars.html

That talks about the $10k off some models. Not all dealers are doing this right now, I know that the dealer I bought mine from knew nothing about it. I have a feeling this may be the incentive that replaces the current incentive which ends 6/30. I can't imagine that these dealers are going to offer no incentive in July. If they couldn't sell them in June with those incentives how the heck are they going to sell them in July with none. I haven't had a chance to read through all the pages in the above linked thread. I know some dealers are including the EVO some aren't.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by projekX
I just bought my EVO and got $4000 off total, including the $2000 cash back
ouch.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dotkong
i went to don herring and got a price of 33k OTD for a base GSR, for 33k i want a MR with nav, but for 30k i want a GSR with SSS and NAV possible?
35OTD for fully loaded gsr, with SSS, interior package, aero, navi...it was like 32.9 adveritsed
Old Jun 23, 2009, 02:22 AM

I live in New York and picked my MR up last Friday. I wanted 6 years and was very pleased with the rate I got. My wife and I are not in tier 1 so even going in together on the deal they could only get us 5.9%. But when we came back and picked the car up, we were informed they were able to get us 3.9%. This on top of 7 grand off MSRP and a good price for our trade in. May be a terrible economy, but it's a great time to buy an EVO. And if things get worse who knows what deals will be available.