Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Driving Shoes I Can Wear to Work?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2009, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
usually i have a pair of comfortable walking shoes in my car so when i am wearing dress shoes or timberlands I can swap them out. Dress shoes can be a pain when shifting and getting stuck in between the pedals. lol
Old Jun 11, 2009, 03:55 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ah i cant wear my crocs while driving my evo or any other sandel types
Old Jun 11, 2009, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

I got some super form fitting narrow sport shoes in China for about $19 when I was in the Inner Mongolian Province from Peak shoes:

They make a lot of those skinny tight fitting ones because they are popular for the local market more-so than the big white sneakers Americans like.

example:
Click Here
Old Jun 11, 2009, 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
birkenstocks work well I find. They were my favorite while in my old STi. I still like to wear them in my Evo X MR.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

The best pair of shoes are Adidas indoor soccer shoes. My first post was a joke, but I sport these shoes and the clutch feel is amazing. Thank God for Adidas!

http://www.amazon.com/adidas-Origina...4770317&sr=8-3
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Sanuk, for work and great in LA traffic driving. Before I had these, I used to change to my flipflops for better feel of the pedal.

1. easy to slip on -CHECK
2. allow me to have good feel of the pedals -CHECK
3. business casual -you betcha

L-R (Donny, Kerouac, Professor)
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by *constant_boost
drive barefoot... LoL i do...
+1

Cheap too!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

^^ those dont look too business casual to me
Old Jun 15, 2009, 09:11 PM
Evolved Member

I think Clark Kent has a good point for DD use. There's nothing wrong with my Florscheims cap-tip dress shoes. My boss likes the way the look with my biz casual dress for mgmt types. ;-)

But....

At a track day, the throttle feel using nice Nike or NB athletic shoes left me with dead throttle control. "On" or "off" were the settings. I'm gonna look into something a lot thinner of the sole (esp at the heel) and with thinner sides. The thinner heel with help I hope with feel of pressure on the throttle a bit, and the less material on the sides will help me learn heel-toe.

Before ya ask, I've got almost 20k on mine, more than 1/2 easily is country roads and county highways. My instructor had to beat my hands away from the shifter since I was often doing it naturally without thought. I love my clutch and GSR, but the shoes do have room for operational improvements.

Barefeet? No way for a good heel-toe is there? I can walk on gravel, even run, without pain or discomfort, but there's no way I think I'd have good "feel" for the two pedal moves, done quickly and crisply. The 'dogs' aren't that hard.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Gardo_Segovia
Sanuk, for work and great in LA traffic driving. Before I had these, I used to change to my flipflops for better feel of the pedal.

1. easy to slip on -CHECK
2. allow me to have good feel of the pedals -CHECK
3. business casual -you betcha

L-R (Donny, Kerouac, Professor)

On a track sort of HPDE, those things would be left on one of the pedals your foot wasn't at any more, at the wrong time. Maybe the wrong place (crunch). DD and rec use, sure. But if you wanna go drive the Evo the way it was made to shine, don't wear shoes that can fall off at all. Not good for your health at 110 mph and a wall coming up fast.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 12:29 AM
Evolving Member

These are great shoes for what you need. Adidas porsche shoes. How bout them lakers bro.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 03:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i swear by sketchers. the style that is a cross between a sneaker and regular shoe kind of like the adidas above.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

I've got a pair of brown Merrell Jungle Mocs that I wear every day, slip on, comfortable, and considering I have a fairly wide foot, the shoes are not very wide at all. Drove the evo a couple of times with them in the winter and they worked fine and can be work in public with not much hassle.

For more "serious" driving I do own some pilotis but they are not practicle for every day wear unless I plan on spending all day in the car.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pilotis are awesome. Comfortable to wear for the day, and they're great driving shoes. I have the Prototipos, they look sweet too.

Someone earlier mentioned Sanuks. They're definitely easy on/off and you can drive in them, unlike flip-flops. My #1 choice for driving to the beach. Depending on your job, you can probably pull them off as business casual too.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

DC Shoe Pro Spec 1.0
SFI Approved!

Quick Reply: Driving Shoes I Can Wear to Work?