Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

how much would it cost to put the factory navi after purchase?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lodifreefly
Concord mitsu in northern California did mine for 1500 installed for the 30gb. They have a bunch of units in stock they were trying to move. If u call them they might ship one for you who knows.
good to know. thanks for the heads-up

but you paid 1500 installed. how much for just the unit itself?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:00 PM

i would rather put that money towards an aftermarket unit that has nav, cd, dvd, mp3, etc.
i had a eclipse avn 6600, but they have a new one now that is awesome! (saving for it now haha)
and i know it will last a while and operate well because eclipse is the supplier for lexus nav systems.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

it looks like a new unit will cost about $1500. lodifreefly, where did you purchase your navi and how much?
Old Jun 27, 2009, 01:37 AM

you can get a turbo kit for that.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 02:54 AM

If you have your heart set on some kind of navi, but dont want to go the garmin/tom tom route just go get a aftermarket in dash nav system. The stock one is kinda lame sometimes.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 03:07 AM
Evolving Member

But why?!?! Go get a much BETTER Eclipse or Alpine unit for half the price and you will most likey get higher voltage for cleaner/crisper sound. The *new* ECLIPSE AVN726E is probably the closet to a HiDef/Plasma Screen, with picture quality, i have ever seen.

If my EVO already had the NAV unit, i probably would NOT switch it out. But to spend that much money for a stock deck when you can get MUCH better for MUCH less, just doesn't make sense.

TeeJay
Old Jun 27, 2009, 03:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SlickCT9A
i would rather put that money towards an aftermarket unit that has nav, cd, dvd, mp3, etc.
i had a eclipse avn 6600, but they have a new one now that is awesome! (saving for it now haha)
and i know it will last a while and operate well because eclipse is the supplier for lexus nav systems.

Yep, actually FUJITSU TEN, is the manufacture for ALL ECLIPSE brand products, except the car of course, and makes OEM equipement for Toyota/LEXUS and some others...

TeeJay
Old Jun 27, 2009, 03:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by javip1986
you can get a turbo kit for that.
good answer!!!
Old Jun 27, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

I paid $1500 installed..A lot of money, but worth it to me to have the OEM look. In the end, I think the dash looks so much better with navigation vs. the stock radio.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Go aftermarket, factory anything = FTL...... I have installed hundreds of in dash units, and aftermarket is by far the best way to go. If you want the factory look, well then just add an aftermarket DSP processor to the factory unit and spend even more money, when in the first place you could have got an aftermarket unit and the money left over.....performance parts = FTW!!!!
Old Jun 27, 2009, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

i agree.... the more i look in to this, it makes no sense to purchase th oem navi that cant even find starbucks.

so people, which after market navi can you recommend that is not too over-the-top but looks like the oem navi?

gonna have to check out the ECLIPSE AVN726E.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
IF you even halfway think you want it, go ahead and buy it now, with the car. Especially if you are financing. You'll never noticed that extra 30-$40 month.

Factory installed NAV>aftermarket NAV, simply for the seamless vehicle integration alone.
+1

It's sooo much cleaner looking than all other other aftermarket systems out there...
Old Jun 28, 2009, 11:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ImEv0
it looks like a new unit will cost about $1500. lodifreefly, where did you purchase your navi and how much?
again, got it for $1500 installed, not sure how much it would have been for just the unit. It was at concord mitsubishi in concord, california.

as far as aftermarket vs. the mitsu unit, the mitsu unit is decent and i like the fact that people have opened it up a bit. the reason i got it was due to the integration with the car itself. the other option i was looking at was going completely home-built with a carpc. I'm about to do that in my other vehicle (an fj cruiser), complete with a 19" lcd built into the roof in the back where the back seat and cargo area are now a bed.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

buy a carputer, all your problems solved
Old Jul 6, 2009, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

Quick Reply: how much would it cost to put the factory navi after purchase?