Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

A/C Warranty Work Question?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2009, 06:24 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
A/C Warranty Work Question?

So I was driving on the highway today A/C blasting, enjoying the nice weather. Well a bit into my journey I realize that the A/C that was blasting ice cold air, is now getting warmer and warmer.

So I pull over to the side of the road to see what's up. I turned the A/C off at the first sight that the air was getting warmer. Didn't want to kill the pump etc... I open up the hood and hear a slight "hissing" keep looking around and see a very light white translucent cloud coming from the front of the car. So I am thinking something with the condenser or A/C is wrong. Hole in the A/C condenser? O-ring leak?

Does anyone know if the Mitsubishi dealership or warranty will cover a busted A/C condenser? Or something related with the A/C System?
Old Jun 26, 2009, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
36k/36mo you should be set. You can always call a random dealer and ask around, but I'm pretty sure you'll be covered.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 07:52 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I found this in the warranty book.

Originally Posted by Mitsu
AIR CONDITIONER REFRIGERANT CHARGE
The air conditioner refrigerant charge is covered for 1 year
or 12,000 odometer miles, whichever occurs first. After
that, refrigerant charge is only covered as part of a warranty
covered repair to the air conditioning system.
Therefore if the refrigerant would leak before 12k it is covered. At least that's what I am reading.
Old Jun 26, 2009, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

the condensor is a comon problem area to leak and should be the 3/36 or 5-60 forgot which. but as long as it is from the sides of it rather then like a rock hole then it should be covered.
Old Jun 30, 2009, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

so i bought my car used last week with 8k miles, but have no clue what the original date of purchase was. Never thought to test the AC, and when i went to use it today it doesn't blow any air at all. Its obviously below 12k, but its says either 12k or one year....whichever comes first. Would i still be covered?
Old Jun 30, 2009, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by artnsx
so i bought my car used last week with 8k miles, but have no clue what the original date of purchase was. Never thought to test the AC, and when i went to use it today it doesn't blow any air at all. Its obviously below 12k, but its says either 12k or one year....whichever comes first. Would i still be covered?
Yes, you have 3yr/36k mile bumper to bumper warranty.
Old Jul 2, 2009, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

I remember reading awhile back someone modded their car with FCIM (sp) or an intake and broke an AC line doing it, dealer saw and I don't think they covered it under warranty
Old Jul 4, 2009, 07:22 AM

dealers will not cover anything that was caused by road debris (like rocks hitting condenser). if it's a leak from the side, like where it's formed together, you should be good. now if you broke a line your self, your screwed. I work for Lexus and we give away tons of "good-will" parts, be never anything like that. I also never hurts to bribe the service department. You would be suprised at how a small thing like a few biscuits or drinks can go miles for you as far as the service you will get. you have to remember, as tech's, we don't get paid jack for diag'ing warranty work, so if we can find a problem right away, we move on. If i have a col drink on a hot day, I might look harder. sad but true