Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Blower not working (no air going into the car)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2009, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blower not working (no air going into the car)

Anyone else have this problem?

I can turn up the middle dial inside the car all the way up and still get nothing, no matter what location the air is set to, or what temp the climate control is on.

When the A/C indicator is on, the two fans under the hood go on and you can hear the A/C working and even feel cold air if you put your hand up to a vent, but there is no air moving at all.

I tried looking through the fuses and relays under the hood, and they all looked OK. The diagram on the fuse box cover is a little hard to understand, but its seemed to me like all the relevant fuses were ok. I can't seem to find any relevant fuses in the fusebox inside the car.

Where else should i look? I'm trying to avoid going to the dealer. Car has 8k miles on it
Old Jul 4, 2009, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by artnsx
Anyone else have this problem?

I can turn up the middle dial inside the car all the way up and still get nothing, no matter what location the air is set to, or what temp the climate control is on.

When the A/C indicator is on, the two fans under the hood go on and you can hear the A/C working and even feel cold air if you put your hand up to a vent, but there is no air moving at all.

I tried looking through the fuses and relays under the hood, and they all looked OK. The diagram on the fuse box cover is a little hard to understand, but its seemed to me like all the relevant fuses were ok. I can't seem to find any relevant fuses in the fusebox inside the car.

Where else should i look? I'm trying to avoid going to the dealer. Car has 8k miles on it

Don't avoid the dealer, unless you have mods you think caused the problem. Check a couple of things open the hood is the compressor kicking on and off?

As a long shot guess it could be the mixer door not letting air into the vents.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Did you check the cabin air filter that is located behind the glove box?
Old Jul 4, 2009, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost
Did you check the cabin air filter that is located behind the glove box?
what should i look for? blockage?

No mods at all, just don't want to go do the dealer unless i know something is actually broken and needs repair. If its something minor or stupid, hopefully i can reverse the problem myself. If no one else has had this happen, its off to the dealer i guess
Old Jul 4, 2009, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

checked the 30A heater fuse and its good. pulled out the blower and it doesn't spin too freely. How much resistance should this thing have on it? I tried putting the fan all the way up and unit doesn't even move, could it have seized up?
Old Jul 4, 2009, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

The blower motor could have possibly failed. unplug it and put a volt meter to the connector and see if its getting voltage. if theres voltage to the connector, then the blower is failed.
Old Jul 4, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jmorris1027
The blower motor could have possibly failed. unplug it and put a volt meter to the connector and see if its getting voltage. if theres voltage to the connector, then the blower is failed.
thanks man, i guess i really have no choice but to go to the dealer...i just hate going because its such a waste of time. If the blower actually is shot, it'd be awesome if they let me replace it myself, but i doubt it. Its gonna be hours of sitting there waiting for them to do a 10 minute job after multiple trips there
Old Jul 4, 2009, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by artnsx
what should i look for? blockage?

No mods at all, just don't want to go do the dealer unless i know something is actually broken and needs repair. If its something minor or stupid, hopefully i can reverse the problem myself. If no one else has had this happen, its off to the dealer i guess
Originally Posted by focalart
Don't avoid the dealer, unless you have mods you think caused the problem. Check a couple of things open the hood is the compressor kicking on and off?

As a long shot guess it could be the mixer door not letting air into the vents.
I am thinking you can remove the cabin air filter and inside it you can see if the fan (or blower) is moving or not.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe the blower motor is $49...just buy one if you if your time and possible warranty blacklisting is important to you. (you can always test it with 12v first).
Old Jul 5, 2009, 06:47 AM

Friend of mine just had this happen to her X. Been at the dealer getting fixed up. Blower motor went bad and something that controls the blower(she couldn't remember what it was called)
Old Jul 5, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

possibly the final stage resistor.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have this problem now. Any updates??
Old Jul 1, 2011, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

i had this problem with my 2010. The blower motor transistor failed and melted. Warranty covered the replacement of the entire blower motor and transistor.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Man that blows. Or does it?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Where is it located at do you have a picture. And how many miles were on your car at the replacement time I'm at 59,000 hope it's still covered.

Quick Reply: Blower not working (no air going into the car)