Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

$800 company car allowance: X MR interest

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope you get a gas card too.
Old Jul 9, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Here's the link of how solid the Evo X is in stock form (12-hour race):

http://www.motorsm.com/motorsport/up...y.asp?aid=5392

"Australian actor Eric Bana, who shared the driving duties with Orange resident Tim Leahey and good friend Peter Hill, finished in tenth spot in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X."

Wow! Incredible Hulk drives an X! lol

2009 WPS Bathurst 12 Hour Showroom Enduro Outright Results:

Top Ten
1 #1 R.Salmon/T.Longhurst/D.White - Mitsubishi EVO X - 239 laps
2 #55 G.Crimp/T.Ricciardello/S.Kostera - Mitsubishi Evo X
3 #35 J.Bargwana/S.Knight/B.Jones - Mitsubishi Evo X - 238 laps
4 #43 D.Wall/D.Wall/T.Symonds - Mitsubishi Evo IX GSR - 237 laps
5 #11 B.Morcom/L.Searle/P.Stubber - BMW 335i
6 #3 S.Jones/K.Wade/A.Caratti - Mitsubishi Evo IX - 235 laps
7 #23 S.Briffa/M.Zukanovic/T.Sipp - Holden VE R8 Clubsport - 231 laps
8 #20 G.Holt/P.Morris/R.Shaw - BMW 335i - 228 laps
9 #24 G.Walden/B.Walden/M.Auld - Holden Commodore SS
10 #62 T.Leahey/P.Hill/E.Bana - Mitsubishi Evo X

Last edited by tipoytm; Jul 9, 2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
Really enjoying this thread more than I thought. Love the comments. Let me chime in with some clarifications:

Company Paid for car now is a Taurus X - wagon. Car, gas, insurance, tag, & maintenance all paid for. With economy, the company says they will give us all a Prius or let us get an allowance. The $800/month is not near as good as our current paid for cars, but it's way better than a Prius.

So........knowing for sure anything outside a base Ford Fusion is going to cost more than $800/month got me thinking of the possibilities. Miss my EVO VIII MR like crazy.

Other than the EVO, the BMW 135i is my pick for a track/street car....but only 2 doors. I have twin boys.

The 335i is to expensive unless I find a used one.
The M3 is way to much.
Any Ferrari is way to much as discussed in previous post...good thought though.
I will drive the **** out of this car......probably 25k a year....which is why I will probably trade cars every year. Can't lease for this reason.

My other hobby is flying UAV Turbine Jets....about the size of our EVO's so a good Ford, Chevy, Toyota pickup for pulling a trailer is also in the mix. At heart, I am an EVO lover and thought the 4 door Rally EVO X MR would be a steal in this soft market.....but I startred this thread because I had heard grumblings about the MR and was just feeling it out.
Attached Thumbnails 0 company car allowance: X MR interest-boom-stickers.jpg   0 company car allowance: X MR interest-rw-l39.jpg  

Last edited by Driv200; Jul 10, 2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Just for fun. Here are some fun cars I would consider all with expectations I would upgrade with aftermarket parts:

EVO X MR - model after Gates311 by adding wheels, Buschur, Robispec, Cusco
Genesis Coupe 4cyl turbo
BMW 135i
Nissan 370z
Chevy Cobalt SS
Mustang Shelby GT
Corvette base - Z51 suspension
few years used Mercedes CLK 55 AMG
Jeep SRT8 - for jet transport
Audi Q7 - for jet transport
Ford Diesel Twin Turbo Pickup
Toyota Tundra Pickup
Escalade EXT Pickup
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:28 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Driv200
Need forum readers to bring me up to speed. Not been active in awhile.
1. Any issues with X or MR
2. Soft market. Where to buy?
3. Plan to Robispec & Cusco everything
4. Without splitting hairs, what's general consensus on X?

Company taking away company car and giving allowance of $800/ month to cover all costs...insurance, maintenance, gas, etc.

Thanks for help.
Driv200

Adambl03- where is ur EVO love for another EVO fan?
I don't have love for lazy people who think that others will do their work for them. Sorry. You start a thread telling all of us that you "need" us to provide you with information. Wrong tone and clearly you feel like you don't need to do the work because all of your minions (fellow Evom members and Evo fans) will do the work for you. That's a ****ty attitude.

Like I said, I'm happy to do the research for you. I'm billable at $134/hr at my job. That's my going rate if you want me to work for you. Just let me know and I'll give you my Paypal account so you can send me the money.

Otherwise, stop being lazy and search. The answers to all of your questions from your original post can be found within this forum. No need to ask us to work for free for you when you can find the answers yourself.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:00 AM

Another ride to consider would be a 2010 Taurus SHO...comfy, AWD, fast bastard, TT V6, decent mileage....if I had a phatty vehicle allowance like that I'd definitely consider it..
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Really enjoying this thread more than I thought. Love the comments. Let me chime in with some clarifications:

Company Paid for car now is a Taurus X - wagon. Car, gas, insurance, tag, & maintenance all paid for. With economy, the company says they will give us all a Prius or let us get an allowance. The $800/month is not near as good as our current paid for cars, but it's way better than a Prius.

So........knowing for sure anything outside a base Ford Fusion is going to cost more than $800/month got me thinking of the possibilities. Miss my EVO VIII MR like crazy.

Other than the EVO, the BMW 135i is my pick for a track/street car....but only 2 doors. I have twin boys.

The 335i is to expensive unless I find a used one.
The M3 is way to much.
Any Ferrari is way to much as discussed in previous post...good thought though.
I will drive the **** out of this car......probably 25k a year....which is why I will probably trade cars every year. Can't lease for this reason.

My other hobby is flying UAV Turbine Jets....about the size of our EVO's so a good Ford, Chevy, Toyota pickup for pulling a trailer is also in the mix. At heart, I am an EVO lover and thought the 4 door Rally EVO X MR would be a steal in this soft market.....but I startred this thread because I had heard grumblings about the MR and was just feeling it out.
Ok, with this info I would get an EVO. I got the EVO because its 4-door base and versatility is what I needed, because I wanted a really fun car to drive that wasn't limited to just fun driving, but as for as for your hobbies you may want do get a car where the rear seats fold down like the *cough* sti *cough*
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Adambl03, your prius battery needs charging. You confuse lazy with partnering. Do you think anyone would spend a dime on comments from strangers? I wanted a feel from knowledgeable evo drivers personal experience. Discussion covers lots of ground. All voluntary responses from everyone. Funny you are the only negative one here.

Thanks to all for input. Guess I am just an EVO fan at heart. Does the MR paddle shift suffer from higher horsepower?

Also, does any European or exotic have an equal or better AWD system?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My general feeling from these posts is dismal to say the least abot EVO purchase. Where did all the passion go for the ultimate AWD car??????? Quite surprised from most comments.
So buy the Evo. Don't be another me too "I need to impress clients with my boring entry level luxo car." Man up and get what you want.

/thread
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GPTourer
So buy the Evo. Don't be another me too "I need to impress clients with my boring entry level luxo car." Man up and get what you want.

/thread
/thread +1

I'm surprised this thread has gone 3-pages long. It could have been /thread on page 1 simply by using the "search" function
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:44 AM
EvoM Community Team

Adambl03, your prius battery needs charging. You confuse lazy with partnering. Do you think anyone would spend a dime on comments from strangers? I wanted a feel from knowledgeable evo drivers personal experience. Discussion covers lots of ground. All voluntary responses from everyone. Funny you are the only negative one here.

Thanks to all for input. Guess I am just an EVO fan at heart. Does the MR paddle shift suffer from higher horsepower?

Also, does any European or exotic have an equal or better AWD system?
You've clearly shown two things. 1) you don't know how to research 2) you refuse to do the research yourself.

Search. Again. The issues with the MR transmission are well documented. You're a lazy bastard. Start doing your own research and stop expecting the members of this site to work for you. THEN DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS ABOUT THE TRANNY.

And about the AWD systems, again do your own research. Visit an Audi forum/site and read about Quattro. Visit a BMW forum/site and read about X-drive. Then read about the SAWC system in the Evo X and DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSION.

Like I said, I'm happy to help. But I get paid for my time. No freebies for jerks who come barging into a forum expecting everyone to be at their beck and call.

/thread
Old Jul 10, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tipoytm
Here's the link of how solid the Evo X is in stock form (12-hour race):

http://www.motorsm.com/motorsport/up...y.asp?aid=5392

"Australian actor Eric Bana, who shared the driving duties with Orange resident Tim Leahey and good friend Peter Hill, finished in tenth spot in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X."

Wow! Incredible Hulk drives an X! lol

2009 WPS Bathurst 12 Hour Showroom Enduro Outright Results:

Top Ten
1 #1 R.Salmon/T.Longhurst/D.White - Mitsubishi EVO X - 239 laps
2 #55 G.Crimp/T.Ricciardello/S.Kostera - Mitsubishi Evo X
3 #35 J.Bargwana/S.Knight/B.Jones - Mitsubishi Evo X - 238 laps
4 #43 D.Wall/D.Wall/T.Symonds - Mitsubishi Evo IX GSR - 237 laps
5 #11 B.Morcom/L.Searle/P.Stubber - BMW 335i
6 #3 S.Jones/K.Wade/A.Caratti - Mitsubishi Evo IX - 235 laps
7 #23 S.Briffa/M.Zukanovic/T.Sipp - Holden VE R8 Clubsport - 231 laps
8 #20 G.Holt/P.Morris/R.Shaw - BMW 335i - 228 laps
9 #24 G.Walden/B.Walden/M.Auld - Holden Commodore SS
10 #62 T.Leahey/P.Hill/E.Bana - Mitsubishi Evo X
How did all the EVO X's manage to place higher than the IX's? According to many posters on evolutionm.net the X is too heavy and soft and isn't even a real EVO lol.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by adambl03
You've clearly shown two things. 1) you don't know how to research 2) you refuse to do the research yourself.

Search. Again. The issues with the MR transmission are well documented. You're a lazy bastard. Start doing your own research and stop expecting the members of this site to work for you. THEN DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS ABOUT THE TRANNY.

And about the AWD systems, again do your own research. Visit an Audi forum/site and read about Quattro. Visit a BMW forum/site and read about X-drive. Then read about the SAWC system in the Evo X and DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSION.

Like I said, I'm happy to help. But I get paid for my time. No freebies for jerks who come barging into a forum expecting everyone to be at their beck and call.

/thread
Really dude. Why post if you don't intend to contribute anything but negative drivel? If you don't want to help, don't post in the thread. If nobody posts the OP would be forced to do the research himself. If some people decide to help let the thread be. Let the MOD's decide if the thread is worthy.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 01:10 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by heavyD
Really dude. Why post if you don't intend to contribute anything but negative drivel? If you don't want to help, don't post in the thread. If nobody posts the OP would be forced to do the research himself. If some people decide to help let the thread be. Let the MOD's decide if the thread is worthy.
I choose to help people who genuinely want to be helped. I contribute much more to this forum than you know anything about. Don't try to judge me because I'm calling out the OP for what he is. A lazy guy who wants everyone to do the work for him.

If you feel like anything I said is wrong, then go ahead and do all the research for the lazy guy. More power to you. I'm not the only guy in this thread telling him that he should search. I'm more vocal about it. So what. I speak my mind. Deal with it.

The mods don't police every thread...they can't. They don't have the bandwidth. A forum should be (and is) policed by its members. If you want to sift through countless worthless threads like this one, by all means go ahead. If you like them, I've got a "which BOV is the best" thread waiting for you.

Ever seen a homeless guy on the street corner holding a sign "will work for food/money"? I see them on occasion and I've offered them work. Of course, they don't actually want to work. They only want the money for free.

The OP is no different.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by heavyD
I dont think its a matter of adam "wanting to help or not." Its a matter of doing a "search" instead of creating another thread and asking the same question that has been talked about so many times before.

Way back then, I dont remember seeing redundant threads. I guess time has changed, welcome to "do a search for me please" generation.

If I didnt do my own research, my posts would be more than 100 now. Afterall, my join date is 2003.

Yes, let the mods decide. Sadly, our mods are too busy with the 2009 MOD to lock/merge this thread

anyway, IBTL.

Last edited by Gardo_Segovia; Jul 10, 2009 at 01:18 PM.

Quick Reply: $800 company car allowance: X MR interest