Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

$800 company car allowance: X MR interest

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2009, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by adambl03

The mods don't police every thread...they can't. They don't have the bandwidth. A forum should be (and is) policed by its members. If you want to sift through countless worthless threads like this one, by all means go ahead. If you like them, I've got a "which BOV is the best" thread waiting for you.

See that's the thing. When I see those threads I don't even bother to read them. Problem is that a bunch of members that decide to 'police' turn the thread into a bickering match and the thread goes to three pages or more. Once a thread hits three pages I may check it out in hopes that maybe there is some good information. Turns out its the internet 'police' arguing over and over with the OP on why the thread should or should not exist such as this one which has degenerated into personal insults such as callin the OP lazy. The best form of 'police' is to ignore and let the thread fade away.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by heavyD
How did all the EVO X's manage to place higher than the IX's? According to many posters on evolutionm.net the X is too heavy and soft and isn't even a real EVO lol.
Perhaps those "stock" Xs were tuned? Based on the tuning forums, an untuned X puts down around 215-220whp, but after a professional tune, we see dynos reporting around 70whp peak gain.. so that puts it around 285whp. Compared to a stock IX which puts down about the same 215whp. But, with just a tune (no other mods), people say it only gains 20whp... so that's roughly 235whp peak.

Then of course the IX is lighter, so after a tune, both cars would perform similarly in a long race (perhaps the X would have a slight edge in handling since the IX doesn't have AYC).

The X is as much an Evo as its predecessors.... it just runs too rich straight from the factory, thus the "lack of power" comments we see here all the time. After a tune though, it's becomes the real deal.

Last edited by tipoytm; Jul 10, 2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
Adamblow, I agree with your logic, but your accusation is not right from the beginning. I am not avoiding the search function. I am more enlightened to be the author of my thread and keep my areas of interest on pace for my benefit. The welcoming EVO readers here are very intune with this as well. I know you're young, so I don't want to insult you, but your time spent on this thread trying to disrupt it counters your point by spending so much of your time on my thread for free.
When I am not working, my time on the internet is divided among these forums: Porsche,BMW,Corvette,Viper, & jet forums. The biggest difference....the maturity of the audience. Simply, a guy looking to discuss EVO trends on the EVO forum would come to the EVO forum. I welcome any mod to join in and add to some great discussions.
Before you go, can you please get me the websites for the Audi AWD system and throw in some others? Please post the links so I can click on it.
Thanks.

"Any forum is only as good as its members. Thanks for the fun reads guys. Don't let some bad apples steal these threads as you all are the best source of info on what makes the EVO so special!!!!!"

Driv200mph
Dr. Brant, MD
Neurologist
Old Jul 10, 2009, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

F1fan07....great point! Ford Tarous SHO
Old Jul 10, 2009, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Speaking of good enthusiasts & members....Thanks to this guy from my mailbox:

Well, I will give you a little heads up....

Looks like you mentioned brands that do mostly suspension/chassis related items. The GSR or MR will do fine with those.

However, with the MR, don't plan on too many mods yet for power. The SST overheats and also can hold only about 350-375lbs tq. Couple companies did recently come out with coolers but still no word on what actually is working, plus the power limiting factor.

GSR, no real issues yet. If you haven't driven one yet, I assure you, you will be extremely disapointed in the factory clutch. Then with going aftermarket, depending on what you get, there may be some chattering at times, or trying to find one that isn't too stiff during traffic stop n go.

Not sure if this car will be used just for yourself and the commute from residence to work, or with clients. If with clients, depending on what type of clientale, the MR or GSR may not be the right car for you.....

Let me know if you have other questions...some of the people on this forum are kids and forget we are all on here to seek and receive help.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by adambl03
I don't have love for lazy people who think that others will do their work for them. Sorry. You start a thread telling all of us that you "need" us to provide you with information. Wrong tone and clearly you feel like you don't need to do the work because all of your minions (fellow Evom members and Evo fans) will do the work for you. That's a ****ty attitude.

Like I said, I'm happy to do the research for you. I'm billable at $134/hr at my job. That's my going rate if you want me to work for you. Just let me know and I'll give you my Paypal account so you can send me the money.

Otherwise, stop being lazy and search. The answers to all of your questions from your original post can be found within this forum. No need to ask us to work for free for you when you can find the answers yourself.
What exactly are you contributing here by acting like an *******?
Old Jul 10, 2009, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tipoytm
Perhaps those "stock" Xs were tuned? Based on the tuning forums, an untuned X puts down around 215-220whp, but after a professional tune, we see dynos reporting around 70whp peak gain.. so that puts it around 285whp. Compared to a stock IX which puts down about the same 215whp. But, with just a tune (no other mods), people say it only gains 20whp... so that's roughly 235whp peak.

Then of course the IX is lighter, so after a tune, both cars would perform similarly in a long race (perhaps the X would have a slight edge in handling since the IX doesn't have AYC).

The X is as much an Evo as its predecessors.... it just runs too rich straight from the factory, thus the "lack of power" comments we see here all the time. After a tune though, it's becomes the real deal.
210-215whp is for a mustang dyno. on a dynojet, they dyno much higher, so the X's he is talking about could have just been on another dyno.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by heavyd
see that's the thing. When i see those threads i don't even bother to read them. Problem is that a bunch of members that decide to 'police' turn the thread into a bickering match and the thread goes to three pages or more. Once a thread hits three pages i may check it out in hopes that maybe there is some good information. Turns out its the internet 'police' arguing over and over with the op on why the thread should or should not exist such as this one which has degenerated into personal insults such as callin the op lazy. The best form of 'police' is to ignore and let the thread fade away.
+1
Old Jul 10, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
210-215whp is for a mustang dyno. on a dynojet, they dyno much higher, so the X's he is talking about could have just been on another dyno.
But given the same dyno (say mustang), 20whp is still the average gain on a tuned stock IX, and 70whp on a stock X... correct? I also recall from posts here in the past that both stock Evos (untuned) had roughly the same peak whp on the same dyno. Can any tuner confirm this?

Last edited by tipoytm; Jul 10, 2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

This will be locked in no time. This could have been an interesting thread...